2014 Worlds - Pairs Free Skating | Page 10 | Golden Skate

2014 Worlds - Pairs Free Skating

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Aw well my predictions are busted...guess I have to hope my NCAA bracket continues to hold up. :laugh:

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
I just love the Addams family program!:popcorn:

I wished I liked the program more. I have the same problem with D/R's Alice in Wonderland program--the choreography is pedestrian at best. Maybe next year I'll like them more with a different program.

Two programs with much better Addams Family choreography:

Testa and Csolley's Long Dance from this year
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oUjvQt-RMWE

and especially Krisztina Czakó's Long Program
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fi0FazjCHRQ&list=PLz8rcx0mJOzoQ9LE1jOPe6KqtA5vnkoLm
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJ4FhzvSmvY

YMMV of course.

ManyCairns

Medalist
Country
United-States
Harking back a page or two -- I thought surely the comments about Artur D had to be exaggerated. They weren't. Good heavens what a physical decline. He looks much older than his age -- which is especially telling because sometimes some weight can make a lot of people look a little younger (my fat fills out my wrinkles, for example!). But he looks haggard as well as out of shape. Really stunning dissonance because I still picture him c. 1994 or even c.98 with Oksana.

Now, back to our final couple.

Glad for S/S's performance.

cptnhastings

On the Ice
Very happy S/S get to retire on a good performance and a win. Way to go on the 5th World Championship!

(And thanks V/T for not showing up. :laugh: They'd've won with a fall even most likely)

wordsworthgirl

Medalist
Harking back a page or two -- I thought surely the comments about Artur D had to be exaggerated. They weren't. Good heavens what a physical decline. He looks much older than his age -- which is especially telling because sometimes some weight can make a lot of people look a little younger (my fat fills out my wrinkles, for example!). But he looks haggard as well as out of shape. Really stunning dissonance because I still picture him c. 1994 or even c.98 with Oksana.

Now, back to our final couple.

Glad for S/S's performance.

Yes, Rallycairn, I wasn't exaggerating! I hesitate to comment on people's looks generally, but this was so dramatic and shocking I had to. I wondered if he was on medication- steroids or antipsychotics- he has an entirely new body. and you're right that the oddest aspect of his decline is the combination of a heavy body and a haggard, lined, weathered face. Mid-life weight gain often helps people look younger by keeping fullness in the face and lessening the impact of wrinkles. But he is both obese and gaunt. Very strange, and sad. He was so dashing.

Mirunna

Record Breaker
Congrats S/S for their fifth world title. Their career is nothing short of amazing even with that elusive gold medal

FSGMT

Record Breaker
I'm SO SO happy for S/S, their FS was just :love::love: even with the mistake!! Goodbye, and thank you for all!
S/K were MACHINES, it actually looked like they couldn't make mistakes :eek::clap:
Sad for S/H, really liked them yesterday, but, again, this FS sometimes doesn't work at all :slink:

Mista Ekko

Record Breaker
S\S win 5th world title

S\K are mastering the art of winning silver this year

D\R win second bronze in a row

MT\M second 4th place in a row :\

CHN couples 5th and 6th will have to work till Worlds at home next year

The Antilopas are such a cute couple

good efforts from J\C and B\H

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
CHN couples 5th and 6th will have to work till Worlds at home next year

The good news is that they did enough to earn the third spot back! They will need that third spot -- there are a lot of promising young Chinese pairs.

Alba

Record Breaker
I'm so glad for S&S. Although I don't think another World Title is going to compensate the 2 Olympic miss, but still excellent job. :clap:

Very happy for S&K. I can't wait to see them with the new program next year. Hope it will be as good as this one. :yay::popcorn:
Finally, I'm very happy about MT\M too. They're so nice and fun to watch. :yay:

oleada

Record Breaker
Aliona & Robin were amazing.I loved their skate. They had me in tears. They've done so much for pairs skating; really changed the sport. I wish them the best of luck in whatever they choose to do next. So happy they have a 5th world title.

Ksenia & Fedor are the real deal. Backed up their Olympic medal with another silver here. They looked tired here, and it didn't have the same spark as it did in Sochi, but it was still a very good skate. Their side by side jumps are really the best in the biz.

Honorable mention to Moore-Towers/Moskovitch who were really great today.

Mirunna

Record Breaker
I'm so glad for S&S. Although I don't think another World Title is going to compensate the 2 Olympic miss, but still excellent job. :clap::

I think there are more pairs Olympic champions that 5 times world champions :) This should comfort them at least a little I guess

whatif

Medalist
I am somehow doubtful about S/H prospects. They are getting worth technically. P/Z and Y/J are already on the same level in PCS and TES.

Does anyone know if any of the Canadians are retiring?