Beautiful Ice Dance Couples over the years | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Beautiful Ice Dance Couples over the years

Sara

On the Ice
how come nobody has mentioned weaver and poje?! In my opinion davis & white were not attractive (of course they matched skating wise very well), meryl was a much better match with Maks in DWTS. They had an amazing chemistry on the dance floor compared to DW on the ice.

how come nobody has mentioned weaver and poje?!

I did on the first page, but you may have missed it because it was mixed in a paragraph that talked about other attractive couples like D/W, V/M, and G/G. :)

I also like Virtue/Moir and Weaver/Poje which I think have more of a classic look about them (even though they're classic in different ways)

EDIT: Also, on an unrelated note, I don't get why people are being so rude and talking about who they think is beautiful and then being rude about other teams that have been mentioned by other posters...
Clearly beauty is in the eye of the beholder and this thread was intended to talk about beauty of teams not each and every one of our secular views on who isn't.
I don't know why people find it so impossible to keep things positive by sometimes keeping their opinions to themselves - we're obviously never going to all agree on what is beautiful or even attractive but this thread wasn't intended for us to pick apart individuals and/or couples, it was to build them up and to appreciate teams and individuals for their beauty (which we may not always agree with and/or may have not considered before).
Sorry for the rant... :slink:

TMC

Record Breaker
EDIT: Also, on an unrelated note, I don't get why people are being so rude and talking about who they think is beautiful and then being rude about other teams that have been mentioned by other posters...
Clearly beauty is in the eye of the beholder and this thread was intended to talk about beauty of teams not each and every one of our secular views on who isn't.
I don't know why people find it so impossible to keep things positive by sometimes keeping their opinions to themselves - we're obviously never going to all agree on what is beautiful or even attractive but this thread wasn't intended for us to pick apart individuals and/or couples, it was to build them up and to appreciate teams and individuals for their beauty (which we may not always agree with and/or may have not considered before).

I for one appreaciate this rant :yes:

casualfan

On the Ice
There are many good ones on this list but I'd like to add Drobiazko and Vanagas (don't think they've been mentioned yet). I thought they were very striking on the ice.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Off-topic update re the handsome Ben Agosto:
... As he prepares to [assist Disney on Ice choreographer Cindy] Stuart and [work with] the cast of Frozen, he has also just moved to Scottsdale, Ariz., where he is the new director of ice dance at the Ice Den. ...
http://www.icenetwork.com/news/2014/06/02/77877500 (Jun 2)​

... EDIT: Also, on an unrelated note, I don't get why people are being so rude and talking about who they think is beautiful and then being rude about other teams that have been mentioned by other posters...

I too appreciate your words, snowflakebeautiful. :bow: No need to apologize.

I too appreciate your words, snowflakebeautiful. :bow: No need to apologize.

:eek:: Thanks! - Also, so happy you included that info about Ben! I had no idea. It seems like he is doing very well these days, which is great! :)

And I just figured I'd add Hawayek/Baker to this list since they're moving to seniors this year!! :yay: They're not a beautiful adult team yet, but I think they are a very cute (and talented) young lady and young man that look nice together; and I wish them all the best in the future. (I predict that in the future years, they will be not only be cuties but also attractive adults.)

BusyMom

Medalist

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Some additions to my list - Faiella & Scali, Cappelini & LaNotte, Weaver & Poje, Dubreuil & Lauzon ...

If we can count siblings skating together - The Shibs & the Kerrs!

skatedreamer

Medalist
Country
United-States

Me, too. A few posts were so catty that I started wondering if some people had been chowing down on Fancy Feast.

Edit: Back on topic, I still think Usova/Zhulin were, physically speaking, two of the most beautiful people ever seen on the ice. Usova's exquisite cheekbones & long neck -- we should all be so lucky! Zhulin was equally gorgeous although sadly, he certainly hasn't aged well.

Re: Zhulin, this opinion is only about his looks. His off-ice antics are another matter entirely and definitely ruin the overall attractiveness. Talk about beauty only being skin-deep! :no:

Me, too. A few posts were so catty that I started wondering if some people had been chowing down on Fancy Feast.

Edit: Back on topic, I still think Usova/Zhulin were, physically speaking, two of the most beautiful people ever seen on the ice. Usova's exquisite cheekbones & long neck -- we should all be so lucky! Zhulin was equally gorgeous although sadly, he certainly hasn't aged well.

First off - :rofl: You're killing me! I appreciate this humor, haha

Secondly, Idk how I forgot about Usova and Zhulin! Ita, back in the day they were an attractive pair for sure!

EDIT: Also...I edited my earlier post because after days of this thread being alive, I just realized I put G&G in here....when this is supposed to be ice dance....sorry for my mistake. I know that they were pairs skaters - I've watched their programs on repeat, so I really don't know what in the heck I was thinking (granted they were attractive) and have literally been so out of it lately. oopsies, sorry

skatedreamer

Medalist
Country
United-States
First off - :rofl: You're killing me! I appreciate this humor, haha

Secondly, Idk how I forgot about Usova and Zhulin! Ita, back in the day they were an attractive pair for sure!

EDIT: Also...I edited my earlier post because after days of this thread being alive, I just realized I put G&G in here....when this is supposed to be ice dance....sorry for my mistake. I know that they were pairs skaters - I've watched their programs on repeat, so I really don't know what in the heck I was thinking (granted they were attractive) and have literally been so out of it lately. oopsies, sorry

Happy to provide a giggle! And right backatcha re: your tag line -- I can totally relate to "procrastinating by watching my favorite skaters."

Re: G&G...pairs or ice dance, what does it matter (though I understand the thread is about dance). They were a beautiful couple in every way. Still miss them together but delighted Katia has found happiness again!

Happy to provide a giggle! And right backatcha re: your tag line -- I can totally relate to "procrastinating by watching my favorite skaters."

Re: G&G...pairs or ice dance, what does it matter (though I understand the thread is about dance). They were a beautiful couple in every way. Still miss them together but delighted Katia has found happiness again!

Thank ya, dear!!! :) It's my favorite way to procrastinate. ;)

Also, yes! G&G were really something else. I'm actually re-reading "My Sergei;" and even in the happy parts I want to cry because it's like I know what's coming... I am so glad that she's found happiness again as well!