Maxim Kovtun | Page 10 | Golden Skate

Maxim Kovtun

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Kovtun is in Novogorsk for test skates. He took a picture with Brian Orser. Maybe we will see him on Sunday!?!

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
How did Maks do at the test skates? Also is Adelina Sotnikova his girlfriend?

He only skated during the practices before the test skates, which he did not participate in due to injury, he didn't have enough time to prepare. And no.

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Is the injury new?

Control rentals in Moscow Kovtun missed because of recovery from injury.

"As for training, we start from scratch, because there was a small injury a little less than a month ago. We were in great shape already in the middle of July, very purposefully preparing for control rentals.

Damage to ligaments - the injury is so unpleasant, because it takes a lot of time. But now we are very quickly gaining form, and the main purpose of my participation in the training camps in Novogorsk is to solve and learn all the points and questions on the tracks, on the rotations, on the programs. There is also a sparring with other guys.

The goal for the season is to restore the trust and love of the fans, the trust of experts and our Federation, to get the stability of the quality of jumping, well, nobody forgot about skating, about the emotional component of the programs, which is very important. And I think that in this respect we added very much in comparison with my whole career before and after I started working with Elena Germanovna again, "Kovtun told FFKR .

https://m.sports.ru/figure-skating/1066857202.html

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Kovtun was asked to be added to the roster of the 2nd Cup of Russia. Dates October 2-6th.

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
According to his TG he will compete in Kazan. I believe that will be at the same time.

They're not at the same time. There may be a short turn around from Inge and the Cup event in Moscow but Kazan has no time issues. There is a week between the events at least since for the men/boys, Cup SP events takes place on the 1st or 2nd day, so around Nov 6-8. This Challenger event would take place towards the end of the next week so around Nov 15-18. Cup in Moscow would take place a couple of days later but hell looking at the standings he only need like two 5th places to qualify for Nationals.

Either way, he need minimums, so he has to compete internationally at some point, preferably before Nationals. So maybe Tallinn trophy or Golden spin.

ETA: Actually just checked the scheduled for Inge. Men's event is Nov 14-15. So about a full week between all events, if men's event for the Cup goes within the 1st 3 days of course. But who knows if he wants to compete 3 weeks in a row, that can be tough. Tallinn is a week after the Cup event in Moscow, Golden Spin 2 weeks after the Moscow event. Maybe we will see him at Golden Spin :shrug: Either way, like I said, he needs minimums and a Challenger event can help achieve a SB score as well.