Serafima Sakhanovich | Page 24 | Golden Skate

Serafima Sakhanovich

Tolstoj

Record Breaker
I knew she would start to come back & that Rukavitsin's team would be a great fit for her. :) She still needs time to fix some things, but I'm just delighted whenever someone proves the Debbie Downers wrong. Go Sima!

She is improving but i've to say last year was way better than this.

Tutberidze > Rukavitsin

tulosai

Record Breaker
I'm glad she was able to finish her season with her best skates of the season. Hopefully as others have said next year will be better. Well done Sima :cheer:

jg2000

On the Ice

Tutberidze > Rukavitsin

I think she would have had the same problems even if she hadn't changed coaches, tbh... I think she's improved her jump technique over this season, and her skating is always great to watch.

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I've added another video that includes the K&C. Her reaction says it all. So happy for her :yahoo:

silverfoxes

Record Breaker

Tutberidze > Rukavitsin

She is likely dealing with puberty, she changed cities and coaches 2x in the course of a year, so I think you need to adjust your expectations. And I am always defending Eteri on here, but if Sima had to move, she had to move. Rukavitsin's team has been getting better results recently, so he deserves credit for that. To establish one's self as a top coach is hard enough, plus being in SPB vs. Moscow is an immediate disadvantage, as I'm sure you know.

I don't think any one coach is the best one for all skaters at all times. She is where she is now, she looks happy about it, the end.

The Finn

Record Breaker
Sima will skate at the III Russian Winter Games final next week. Sotskova and Konstantinova among other will be there also.

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Do you know any other practice videos which are hidden by Sharov?

No, he said he only shot Sima and Masha but he didn't want to post Masha because she looked tired and her elements weren't working out.

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Brief interview from Saransk (cute pic to go with it ;)):

http://www.kp.ru/daily/26509.5/3378696/

Serafima Sakhanovich was one of the most renowned and promising young skaters Games-2016. She won the junior Grand Prix, was second in last year's final Grand Prix in Barcelona, ​​twice won silver medals at the junior world championships ... After the short program girl from St. Petersburg, ranked third on during random rolled fallen and was only the fifth . However, the amount of points for the final bronze enough.

- Glad third place?

- (Laughing) I know that I can perform better. And not just at the Games. Today, the program was given an arbitrary hard for me, but I did not quit and doterpela ride to end.

- You have a lot of time was the second largest in the junior tournaments. Why not first?

- Always someone ahead of me, then Masha Sotskova then Zhenya Medvedev .

- They're for you - role models?

- No no and one more time no. Why do I have someone to emulate? With these girls, we stand for a long time. I won, and lost. In short, the idols I have not.

- When your fans wait for gold?

- I will try.

- You're in Saransk for the first time?

- No, there are regularly held competitions. A year or two ago, I won a championship here Russia . Masha Sotskova was second, Eugene Medvedev - the fourth.

- With rivals friends?

- Yes, all well communicated.

- What is the appearance of a large number of strong odinochnits?

- More competition, all are drawn to each other.

- Why it took figure skating, and not, say, tennis and rhythmic gymnastics?

- Well, for the "artist" in my stretching bad (laughs). Mom at one time rolled around and gave me. I remember when I was six, I sit at the TV, look at the quads Zhenya Plushenko and I say to all: "Nonsense, I will do so, too."

- Happened?

- Still no. Let's leave it for future progress.

- Do you like the name of the Seraphim?

- Highly.

- Girlfriends name Sima and Fima?

- Only Sima . Even Simon.

- Do not be offended?

- No.

sarama

Medalist
Sima has always been my favourite Russian girl of the very talented group born 1998-2000, and it was sad to see her struggle this season.... I think what really held her back, more than coaching and city changes, growth issues and bad technique, was the fact that she felt 'left behind'. She wanted to go senior and she wasn't allowed for no clear reason, then she witnessed Zhenia do so well as a senior, and she must have felt that maybe she could have done good too, and yet now she is just one of the too many russian ladies struggling to find her place in this crowded field....I really hope the federation hasn't damaged her confidence and career beyond repair!

tulosai

Record Breaker
Sima has always been my favourite Russian girl of the very talented group born 1998-2000, and it was sad to see her struggle this season.... I think what really held her back, more than coaching and city changes, growth issues and bad technique, was the fact that she felt 'left behind'. She wanted to go senior and she wasn't allowed for no clear reason, then she witnessed Zhenia do so well as a senior, and she must have felt that maybe she could have done good too, and yet now she is just one of the too many russian ladies struggling to find her place in this crowded field....I really hope the federation hasn't damaged her confidence and career beyond repair!

In all honesty, I think her situation would probably be even worse now if she'd gone senior...