Satoko Miyahara | Page 126 | Golden Skate

Satoko Miyahara

randomfan

Record Breaker
can explain maybe the new rule change? satoko did two 2a3t in fp and both get full credit.

While it's true that one can't repeat the same solo jump, they can still repeat the same combination. Satoko has been doing this for many seasons, so it's not a rule change.

iorii

On the Ice
I'm unable to enjoy Satton's FS fully... I have rewatched Kostornaia's SP from last season (used for first and later part of Satton's program) so many times I can't get Kostornaia's skating with the full music out of my head, Satton's music sounds like a mish mash to my ears with a bit of Winter thrown in :(

Her StSq is beautiful. Too bad about the pop and the fall, but congratulations for first gold of the season, Satton!! :hap10:

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
congratz Satton for your 1st medal of the season! hopefully there will many more:yahoo: i love both of her programs but LP is just awesome! i love the new dress as well, this season she is on point on every aspect :love::luv17:
regarding her performance, when i 1st saw the protocols i thought she had a mistake on her 2nd lutz too but then i saw it was cleanly landed, she was probably thinking about final 3 jumps and how she can gain what she lost on 3-3 combo, still well done for changing 2A with 3Lo and adding 2-3 combo at the very end!! :clap: this shows her strong mentality and how trustworthy her 2-3 combo is, hopefully they will think it through :pray: her 3S at ice show was fine so i hope 2S was just a glitch :biggrin: and YAY!! no ur calls :yahoo:

edit: and whats with the device she used at K&C? she was trying to hide it, maybe checking her blood pressure since the arena is at high altitude

ioanna

Record Breaker
I'm unable to enjoy Satton's FS fully... I have rewatched Kostornaia's SP from last season (used for first and later part of Satton's program) so many times I can't get Kostornaia's skating with the full music out of my head, Satton's music sounds like a mish mash to my ears with a bit of Winter thrown in :(

Her StSq is beautiful. Too bad about the pop and the fall, but congratulations for first gold of the season, Satton!! :hap10:

Well, maybe you'll get used to it later in the season. I think Satoko's program is better than Kostornaia's. :)

Watch

Final Flight
Finally got to Satoko's performance. Her FS is just gorgeous and the dress goes so well with it. She has such beautiful positions! She's never been among my favourites (not that I dislike her - just neutral), but I can already see that I'm going to enjoy watching her this season. Congrats on a good season start, Satoko!

laiyamanika

On the Ice
Overall, I enjoyed both of her programs in US Classics. :love:

Her SP music is perfect for her. It brings out her artistry which I love. Madame Butterfly in Pyeongchang is my favourite program from her and her SP this year reminds me of that program. It just needs some refinement and this might become one of my favourite SP this year

Her FS is also good. I love her graceful movements. It just needs more sharpness which is needed in a tango program (like Shoma’s Loco from worlds 2017). She is also slow in some areas probably because it is still a new program for her. She needs more work here compared to her SP. But I know she can manage.

Based from last year, Satoko does improve her programs as time goes by. I wasn’t a big fan of her Geisha and Madame Butterfly during early season but eventually I was wowed in Olympics. I hope this also happened this year.

sakurano

Final Flight
congratulations Satoko for this third gold, it may be a low score but his programs this year are great they are my favorite, too bad for the fall but I'm sure she has the time to perfect it.

I love his dresses they showcase.

ioanna

Record Breaker
Famous pianist John Bayless, who played the piano version of Un Bel Di Vedremo of Madama Butterfly, saw Satoko skate at the Olympics and recognized his music. He was so touched by her performance, he wanted to meet her in person. He even played for her.
https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x6ubce7

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
thats so cool and sweet and makes me happy, i am sure she was over the moon :luv17: