Wenjing Sui & Cong Han | Page 27 | Golden Skate

Wenjing Sui & Cong Han

solar

I got cat class and I got cat style
Medalist
Country
United-States
The programs are well choreographed by Lori Nicole and well executed by them.:luv17: I wish Lori gives best programs to the other Chinese skaters too.

I agree, Lori seems to work very well with Sui and Han! I know others don't like her choreography for Zijun or Han, but her work with the pairs have been excellent this season.

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
I agree, Lori seems to work very well with Sui and Han! I know others don't like her choreography for Zijun or Han, but her work with the pairs have been excellent this season.

Sui/Han's SP is a masterpiece in my opinion. I also wish Lori increases her works to pairs since I do love most of her pair programs. Although Peng/Zhang didn't deliver their programs to their full potentials, I think the music and choreography were beautiful. We can no longer see their pairing again though.

solar

Medalist
Country
United-States
Sui/Han's SP is a masterpiece in my opinion. I also wish Lori increases her works to pairs since I do love most of her pair programs. Although Peng/Zhang didn't deliver their programs to their full potentials, I think the music and choreography were beautiful. We can no longer see their pairing again though.

I agree. I think it's promising that Sui/Han are working with her again for next season's programs. I hope they're just as good as this season! (Last season I also enjoyed David Wilson's programs that he created. I guess Canadian choreographers are good luck for Sui and Han? :) )

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
Sui and Han just won icenetwork' best pairs free skate Twitter vote :) https://twitter.com/icenetwork/status/727226500018278400

They won both the best short program and the best free program popularity vote! Guess the skating fans love their programs this year :agree:

i am surprised but happy, their SP is just brilliant, there arent enough words or smileys to explain how much i love it! :love: their LP is good too but i find 1st part of the music repetetive, i am glad voters disagreed :agree: i was actually expecting one of the Russian pairs would win :biggrin:

solar

Medalist
Country
United-States
i am surprised but happy, their SP is just brilliant, there arent enough words or smileys to explain how much i love it! :love: their LP is good too but i find 1st part of the music repetetive, i am glad voters disagreed :agree: i was actually expecting one of the Russian pairs would win :biggrin:

To be honest, I knew Sui/Han would run away with the Best Pairs SP title but I was a little less sure about their FS. I also thought a Russian pair would win (I was considering a repeat win with K/S 'Manfred' :laugh: ) but I was pleasantly surprised that they won! Their FS isn't as good as their SP in my opinion but I love the small nuances in the choreography and how they execute their movements. It's also great that they got the highest PCS at worlds even though their FS was flawed! Testament to them :cheer:

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
I agree. I think it's promising that Sui/Han are working with her again for next season's programs. I hope they're just as good as this season! (Last season I also enjoyed David Wilson's programs that he created. I guess Canadian choreographers are good luck for Sui and Han? :) )

Maybe it has something to do with Canadian water (I saw this somewhere!) The choreographers programs got vitalized by Sui/Han because they know how to sell their program. :) Good choreography + Sui/Han = magic on ice. Just I got goosebumps from their SP at Worlds which made me fall in love with their skating, I do hope for another masterpieces for them.

solar

Medalist
Country
United-States
Maybe it has something to do with Canadian water (I saw this somewhere!) The choreographers programs got vitalized by Sui/Han because they know how to sell their program. :) Good choreography + Sui/Han = magic on ice. Just I got goosebumps from their SP at Worlds which made me fall in love with their skating, I do hope for another masterpieces for them.

I got major goosebumps from their Short Program at Worlds. The atmosphere in the arena during and after the program was unforgettable! Everyone sitting around me was absolutely captivated. I'm so glad Sui/Han found some good choreographers to work with. I don't know if I could stand another Country-themed short program :laugh:

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
To be honest, I knew Sui/Han would run away with the Best Pairs SP title but I was a little less sure about their FS. I also thought a Russian pair would win (I was considering a repeat win with K/S 'Manfred' :laugh: ) but I was pleasantly surprised that they won! Their FS isn't as good as their SP in my opinion but I love the small nuances in the choreography and how they execute their movements. It's also great that they got the highest PCS at worlds even though their FS was flawed! Testament to them :cheer:

Saw them at Skate America last year and immediately fell in love with both of their programs. Hope she gets her surgery ASAP.

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I got major goosebumps from their Short Program at Worlds. The atmosphere in the arena during and after the program was unforgettable! Everyone sitting around me was absolutely captivated. I'm so glad Sui/Han found some good choreographers to work with. I don't know if I could stand another Country-themed short program :laugh:

Yes, everyone went crazy for them at Worlds - including me!

solar

Medalist
Country
United-States
Saw them at Skate America last year and immediately fell in love with both of their programs. Hope she gets her surgery ASAP.

There were reports that she was getting her surgery sometime this week actually. So if that's the case, fingers crossed for a speedy recovery :) They already got their new programs figured out in Canada earlier, so hopefully that means that the surgery won't be too bad to recover from.

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker

Every time I watch their SP, especially Sui's beautiful tano in the air, I feel like I become a goose. :laugh: That was such a breath taking moment. You had a great time in Boston by seeing them in person. Javi's SP choreographed by David Wilson was another great country-themed program, but it didn't get its full extent though at Worlds.

solar

Medalist
Country
United-States
Every time I watch their SP, especially Sui's beautiful tano in the air, I feel like I become a goose. :laugh: That was such a breath taking moment. You had a great time in Boston by seeing them in person. Javi's SP choreographed by David Wilson was another great country-themed program, but it didn't get its full extent though at Worlds.

Are Sui/Han one of the only pairs to do a tano-twist? It looks absolutely gorgeous but very difficult at the same time! And I agree, I watched their SP again on Youtube after the event and it wasn't the same. You really had to be there in person!

And when I said 'country themed' program, I didn't mean an awesome program like Javi performed this season, I meant this ridiculous program :laugh: :laugh: They did it two seasons in a row!

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States

There were reports that she was getting her surgery sometime this week actually. So if that's the case, fingers crossed for a speedy recovery :) They already got their new programs figured out in Canada earlier, so hopefully that means that the surgery won't be too bad to recover from.

Oh, that's great news on the surgery. Hopefully she will come back stronger than ever. I was just completely captivated by their programs and find myself wondering how the new programs will ever top this past season's. Can't wait to see.

solar

Medalist
Country
United-States
Oh, that's great news on the surgery. Hopefully she will come back stronger than ever. I was just completely captivated by their programs and find myself wondering how the new programs will ever top this past season's. Can't wait to see.

Funny enough, that's what I was thinking last season because I loved their Stray Cat Strut short program and their free program had grown on me over the season. But this season somehow it happened!

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
Are Sui/Han one of the only pairs to do a tano-twist? It looks absolutely gorgeous but very difficult at the same time! And I agree, I watched their SP again on Youtube after the event and it wasn't the same. You really had to be there in person!

And when I said 'country themed' program, I didn't mean an awesome program like Javi performed this season, I meant this ridiculous program :laugh: :laugh: They did it two seasons in a row!

I'm not sure they're the only one to do that trick since my knowledge of pairs is limited, but I've never seen such a gorgeous tano during triple twist lifts. That tano made Sui's presence stand out and gave me an impression like "I, Wenjing command the ice!" So hail to Queen Sui.

I get now what you meant about the 2011-12 program of Sui/Han. But they were so cute back then with the heavy makeup. :laugh:

Last edited:

solar

Medalist
Country
United-States
I'm not sure they're the only one to do that trick since my knowledge of pairs is limited, but I've never seen such a gorgeous tano during triple twist lifts. That tano made Sui's presence stand out and gave me an impression like "I, Wenjing command the ice!" So hail to Queen Sui.

I get now what you meant about the 2011-12 program of Sui/Han. But they were so cute back then with the heavy makeup. :laugh:

I agree, the tano-twist definitely is a move fit for a Queen! :agree: Their tano-twist and their quad twist in the free skate definitely make them stand out!

Yes, the heavy makeup and frilly checkered costumes make the program so terrible (in a great way!) Plus, all the lasso-ing choreography. I noticed that Boyang also has lasso movements in his FS of this season. Maybe that's a trademarked move now? :laugh:

sarama

Medalist
Yes, the heavy makeup and frilly checkered costumes make the program so terrible (in a great way!) Plus, all the lasso-ing choreography. I noticed that Boyang also has lasso movements in his FS of this season. Maybe that's a trademarked move now? :laugh:

Little Sui/Han were super tacky but in the best way possible:laugh2:.... they were adorable and exciting at the same time... now they are just:bow:
I'm sure Boyang did the lasso thing in honour of Wenjing's royal ascend:biggrin:

solar

Medalist
Country
United-States
Little Sui/Han were super tacky but in the best way possible:laugh2:.... they were adorable and exciting at the same time... now they are just:bow:
I'm sure Boyang did the lasso thing in honour of Wenjing's royal ascend:biggrin:

I kind of miss their tackiness. Like their strange exhibitions every year!

shininbreeze

Spectator
Just read on Sui's Weibo that she was feeling very painful at the hospital. Apparently she just got the surgery. Hope it was successful and she get well soon.