Dream Podium/Wishes - Europeans 2015 | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Dream Podium/Wishes - Europeans 2015

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
Ladies:
1) Liza (love her Oriental themed FS this year)

Would this be considered an "oriental" theme? (Just asking for opinions.)

La Bionda are generally classified as one of the creators of "Italo-disco" music. Not sure exactly what specific regional sound they were going for with 'Sandstorm', though.

'Batwannis Beek' is Arabic music, or more specifically, Algerian Arabic. It's actually a popular Middle-Eastern belly dancing song.

LittleLotte29

Record Breaker
Ladies:

1) Anna - I love her :love:
2) Liza
3) anybody :p

Men:

1) Fernandez
2) Kovtun
3) Voronov

Pairs: I want Yuko and Sasha to win, they are gorgeous. Still, they can lose at Euro's and win at World's IMO ;D They deserved world champions title :)

Ice dance: I want Zlobina/Sitnikov in the top five, Kaliszek/Spodirev in top ten and Coomes/Buckland on the podium. I hope P/C will win :) And C/L won't have a meltdown. I believe so :)

aniela

On the Ice
Ice dance: I want Zlobina/Sitnikov in the top five
I know it's a dream podium thread, but I don't think that they're even going to compete at Euros. Don't know why, though. Are they injured or decided to retire?
And what an irony, Azerbaijan has two spots in ID and no team to send :(

anyanka

Record Breaker
Ooh, fun!

Men: 1) Javier 2) Michal 3) Sergei
Ladies: 1) Elena 2) Liza 3) Anna
Pairs: 1) Yuko & Sasha 2) Ksenia & Fedor 3) Vanessa & Morgan
Dance: 1) Gabriella & Guillaume 2) Anna & Luca 3) Penny & Nick

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
I'd love to see the Slovak dance team of Testa and Csolley hit top five here. They have one of the better PDs of the year and while their Circus-themed FD is a bit of a baffling mess, I give them kudos for taking risks. Better a bit of a mess than a snoozefest. And they are never boring.

Plus the Danish team. Can't remember their names at the moment (argh! I'm too young for early onset dementia). I think they could be a very pleasant surprise as well. Lovely FD.

And yes, Yuko and Sasha for the win. I LIVE for Sasha's stomping on the ice. Quel passion! Moi swoon! :drama: (Where did I put those damn smelling salts again?)

LittleLotte29

Record Breaker
I know it's a dream podium thread, but I don't think that they're even going to compete at Euros. Don't know why, though. Are they injured or decided to retire?

If they decided to reiter, that would be indeed strange to me - they have a genuine chance this year and their technique has improved since they started training with Shpilband. They didn't compete since the beginning of a season, maybe it's an inujry? I read that he has a back problem. However, I also read they are performing in a show - it could mean that they really retired. It would be a pity.

annisok

Spectator
I really want Pogorilaya to win
1. Pogorilaya
2. Liza
3. Mae breitent meite or Kiira Korpi

Alba

Record Breaker
My wishes are in this order: I&Z to get a medal. I'm fine with any colour.
S&K to win the title in pairs and Voronov the silver. :cheer:

Girls: Russian podium. :cheer2:

Last edited:

Ituriel

On the Ice
Top 2 for I/Z and P/C. I love Anna/Luca but... well I cannot decide.

Also, gold for Liza T. with a wonderful 3A in the FP :biggrin:

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
Top 2 for I/Z and P/C. I love Anna/Luca but... well I cannot decide.

Also, gold for Liza T. with a wonderful 3A in the FP :biggrin:
The latest news is that Liza is happy with the 3A's progress, but will not include it at Europeans. And when she does include it, she will do it in the SP.

But who knows... Not too long ago, she said 3A should probably be done in the LP where there's less risk, so she might change her mind again in a few days.

Eloyse

On the Ice
Rooting for Liza and Kovtun! I'll pray for you both! Hopefully two gold medals from you two:cheer2:

Kitt

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Cheering for Kavaguti/Smirnov for pairs and Ruslena for dance!

Merjan

On the Ice
Papadakis and Cizeron in dance, Kiira top 5 in the ladies, vamos Javi and K/S in pairs.

alebi

Medalist
My dream podiums are unfortunately slightly different from my prediction podiums... I'm curious to know if I'll be more lucky with my head or with my heart :biggrin:

MEN: Fernandez, Brezina, Voronov (could make sense.. :think:)
DANCE: Papadakis/Cizeron, Cappellini/Lanotte, Ilinikh/Ziganshin (could make sense too...)
PAIRS: Tarasova/Morozov, Marchei/Hotarek, James/Cipres (no sense at all! :eek:)
LADIES: Pogorilaya, Korpi, Meite (maybe in another life :laugh:)

Vernella

Rinkside
My dream podium for the ladies would be Liza - Anna - Mae.

With a more practical point of view, I'd really really like one of the italians on the podium (so totally unrealistic, I'd settle with a better than expected result), since I feel like this is a difficult time for italian ladies with Caro's situation and Marchei switching... I fear the interest of the young generation will be lost

Meoima

Match Penalty
In my dream:
MEN: Fernandez, Voronov, Brezina
DANCE: Ilinikh/Ziganshin and the rest
PAIRS: Kavaguti/Smirnov (because I want to see that LP at its FINEST!!!) and the rest
LADIES: Liza, Elena, Pogorilaya,

surimi

Congrats to Sota, #10 in World Standings!
Record Breaker
various degrees of 'realistic'-
Ladies: Tuktamysheva, Radionova, Korpi
Men: Brezina, Voronov, (a clean) Fernandez
Pairs: Kavaguti/Smirnov, Marchei/Hotarek, (no idea)
Ice Dance: Ilinykh/Zhiganshin, Papadakis/Cizeron, either Cappellini/Lanotte or Coomes/Bcukland

mr rinka

Spectator
Ladies:

1. Elizaveta Sergeyevna Tuktamysheva
2. Elene Gedevanishvili
3. Anna Pogorilaya

Mens:

1. Javier Fernández
2. Michal Březina
3. Sergei Voronov

Pairs:

1. Ksenia Stolbova/Fedor Klimov
2. Yuko Kavaguti/Alexander Smirnov
3. Evgenia Tarasova/Vladimir Morozov

CutieP

On the Ice
Additional question: How many medals do you think that Russia will get in these Euros (out of twelve)?

I'm gonna go with....:think:........eight

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
Additional question: How many medals do you think that Russia will get in these Euros (out of twelve)?

I'm gonna go with....:think:........eight
I would go with eight too. In theory, they're good for nine (sweep in ladies + pairs, one in ice dance, two in men), but somebody's gonna goof up.