Wakaba Higuchi | Page 6 | Golden Skate

Wakaba Higuchi

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
I just heard that the BS channel (what a name for a broadcasting) will air the show on May 17. I hope there will be a video for her performance. :)

BS Japan will broadcast PIW Yokohama on May 17 14:00-16:30

Someone is sure to record the important bits.

Last edited:

Interspectator

Record Breaker
I'm just heard that the BS channel (what a name for a broadcasting) will air the show on May 17. I hope there will be a video for her performance. :)

not sure what the B stands for but the S stands for satellite. Channels in Japan usually have a satellite channel and they all start with BS. :biggrin:
And all the announcers say 'turn to the BS channel to watch...' hehehe.

Last edited:

dna5019

Final Flight
Seems she's never been off the podium in an international competition yet...
I know it's early in her career, but who does that remind me of? ;) (Hope I didn't jink her :hopelessness:) She definitely has the potential to be a star; I'm hoping she can turn into a real competitor like Mao and Yuna :cheer:

Pika

Final Flight
This young lady is simply marvelous, can't wait to see her next season ! :love:
A triple axel would be fantastic !

TheGrandSophy

Record Breaker
That is looking very promising. Really looking forward to seeing how she develops and polishes it through the season. :cheer:

Miss Ice

Let the sky fall~
Medalist
Wakaba's new FS exhibited at PIW- The Mask of Zorro
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2qgb84_piw2015-wakaba-higuti_sport
Will she add the 3A in the second half of the season? :dance:

Wow, so many jumps in a gala program! Two lutzes, 3S, a flip, a loop, two 2A's? This girl is fearless!

Also, I love the new hairstyle. It makes her look a lot more mature. :love:

Regarding 3A, I would be careful. She doesn't need it this season really, since she is still skating juniors and she just needs to make 0 mistakes and she would win every time.

Last edited:

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker
Cool. And that's her new FS?

It's not quite there yet - I don't think she skated with her usual speed and conviction... but that's not surprising given its a new program, it was under spotlights, and I'm not sure if that rink is full size. No combinations yet. But I think it's going to be a great program once she's settled into it. I think the costume is good too.

Is it my imagination, or has Wakaba visibly grown since World's? Maybe it's just my mind playing tricks (I worry about how Wakaba, and all the other promising young kids, will cope with growth).

solar

I got cat class and I got cat style
Medalist
Country
United-States
From the video, I think she has grown a bit but I'm not exactly sure.

Miss Ice

Let the sky fall~
Medalist
Cool. And that's her new FS?

It's not quite there yet - I don't think she skated with her usual speed and conviction... but that's not surprising given its a new program, it was under spotlights, and I'm not sure if that rink is full size. No combinations yet. But I think it's going to be a great program once she's settled into it. I think the costume is good too.

Is it my imagination, or has Wakaba visibly grown since World's? Maybe it's just my mind playing tricks (I worry about how Wakaba, and all the other promising young kids, will cope with growth).

Yeah, I thought she was slower than usual too, but I imagine this is just because she hasn't skated it too much yet. But it's pretty good progress for being in mid-May before the season! I also thought she needed more transitions but we will probably see that in the full FS.

It doesn't seem like she visibly grew to me. But who knows. In any case, wishing her best of luck! Lovely music, lovely costume, lovely skater!!

yyyskate

Record Breaker
^yeah, my initial impression is also transitions is not inspirational. but it is not the full program yet. the music is good, already a success.
And she looked taller to me as well, specifically longer legs.

solar

I got cat class and I got cat style
Medalist
Country
United-States
I'm excited to watch the FS in it's full entirety. I think with the music and everything, it has the potential to be a really cool program for Wakaba and could even be a growing point for her artistry

yyyskate

Record Breaker
watched it again, really love it, loads of potential!!
BTW, from the Japanese skater thread, Wakababy is practicing 3LZ-3LO,not 3A:think:

Miss Ice

Let the sky fall~
Medalist
watched it again, really love it, loads of potential!!
BTW, from the Japanese skater thread, Wakababy is practicing 3LZ-3LO,not 3A:think:

Personally I am fine with that, as long as the 3Lo isn't underrotated like in Mao's case, I think that's a better bet than 3A. But who knows!