2016 Youth Olympic Games, 12-21 Feb | Page 8 | Golden Skate

2016 Youth Olympic Games, 12-21 Feb

Sabine

On the Ice
Wow, Duskova/ Bidar in front. Great, but up to now I can not find the program on youtube.

Layback11

Record Breaker
At first I was all excited because I thought the link about TAT's 69th birthday was a stream, but then I ran it through google translate...and was very disappointed. :laugh:

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
I'm kind of dissapointed that YOG scores are not counted to skaters PB :( It's kind of defy the excietement I had for many of skaters who had SB and PB here either in SP, FP or overall, and there were many of them who improved a lot! But only few who watched YOG will know they did so great....

EDIT: Ok, I was wrong as I've been enlightened. I just need to wait longer for scores to being updated this time. Hurry up ISU!

Last edited:

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
I'm kind of dissapointed that YOG scores are not counted to skaters PB :( It's kind of defy the excietement I had for many of skaters who had SB and PB here either in SP, FP or overall, and there were many of them who improved a lot! But only few who watched YOG will know they did so great....

WHAT???!!! :jaw:

Senior and Junior Grand Prix scores to count towards the ISU PB's.

The "Senior" Olympics count towards ISU PB's.

So why on Earth is the same not the case for the "Junior" Olympics?! :bang:

It just doesn't make sense! :confused2:

Well, I've already updated the PB tables in Anna Dušková and Martin Bidař's Fan Fest yesterday, and I'm not going to un-do it. Because this is really unfair! :mad:

And anyway, all being well, they will hopefully surpass their Youth Olympic scores at whichever World Championship they are sent to! ;) :biggrin:

CaroLiza_fan

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
WHAT???!!! :jaw:

Senior and Junior Grand Prix scores to count towards the ISU PB's.

The "Senior" Olympics count towards ISU PB's.

So why on Earth is the same not the case for the "Junior" Olympics?! :bang:

It just doesn't make sense! :confused2:

Well, I've already updated the PB tables in Anna Dušková and Martin Bidař's Fan Fest yesterday, and I'm not going to un-do it. Because this is really unfair! :mad:

And anyway, all being well, they will hopefully surpass their Youth Olympic scores at whichever World Championship they are sent to! ;) :biggrin:

CaroLiza_fan

I checked like five times from yesterday and none of skaters had updated PB with YOG scores. Usually the update was real quick, in case of SP even before the competition ended, so yeah... I checked & Adelina Sotnikova has YOG in International competitons results on her ISU Bio, so maybe I'm wrong and it will count? I really, really hope I'm wrong about it and ISU is just late with updating and I just had a wrong assumption. In case of Anna & Martin you will surely change a PB a many times in a future for sure! :)

Skye

On the Ice

Unless ISU changed its rules during the past quad, I'm quite sure that scores at the Youth Olympics do count towards the skaters' PBs. You know, I always wondered what happened to this guy.

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Unless ISU changed its rules during the past quad, I'm quite sure that scores at the Youth Olympics do count towards the skaters' PBs. You know, I always wondered what happened to this guy.

Very glad to be wrong, as I said in post above :) You have found a perfect example! That just means ISU is kind of slow in updating this time, thank you :thank: But I also wonder what happend to this young Russian man. Hope the one from current YOG won't disappear as his predecessor did.

EDIT: One thing that does make me happy is that the entries number in pairs increased twice compared to 2012! :hap93:

Last edited:

Latvian

On the Ice

www.isuresults.com/results/yog2012 scores are counted...

Feodosiy EFREMENKOV has PB @ yog2012 - www.isuresults.com/bios/isufs00012772.htm
Anais VENTARD has PB @ yog2012 - www.isuresults.com/bios/isufs00012523.htm

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Speaking of PB. Any idea why scores at the team event does not count as PB?

I would like to know too. I checked and there is no Sochi team event in skaters competition results too. But Plushenko has his PB in SP from the event counted and Julia for her FP.

Last edited:

The Finn

Record Breaker
I would like to know too. I checked and there is no Sochi team event in skaters competition results too. But Plushenko has his PB in SP from the event counted and Julia for her FP.

I meant that the Youth olympic team event does not count. Sochi team event did count.

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
I meant that the Youth olympic team event does not count. Sochi team event did count.

I know, I was just checking for reference, but Latvian has already answered that it was the same in 2012. I just don't undesrtand why they count the Olympics one, but not YOG.

Skye

On the Ice

Perhaps it's because Plushenko and Julia skated both the SP and FS in the Sochi team event, whereas for the Youth Olympics it was only the FS. Just guessing, I don't know what the rules are with regards to recognizing PBs.

The Finn

Record Breaker
Perhaps it's because Plushenko and Julia skated both the SP and FS in the Sochi team event, whereas for the Youth Olympics it was only the FS. Just guessing, I don't know what the rules are with regards to recognizing PBs.

That is not it. Bobrova/Soloviev only skated SD and yet it counted as their PB.

Skye

On the Ice
That is not it. Bobrova/Soloviev only skated SD and yet it counted as their PB.

Thanks for pointing that out. ;)
Another wild guess is maybe because of the format - no SP only FS - of the team event at Youth Olympics. For example, World Team Trophy counts but Japan Open doesn't, right?

ETA. All this makes me wonder whether the scores at Team Challenge Cup will count, as men and ladies will do both SP and FS, but pairs and ice dancers only FS/FD.

Last edited: