Eun-Soo Lim | Page 41 | Golden Skate

Eun-Soo Lim

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
Oof
That was nerve-y skate. Hope she stays calm and collected for Worlds. I really wished Korea had 2 Worlds spot but I assume this matter is what's bugging her. She has all that pressure to herself yet she also wants to aim for a higher top 10 placement. I guess the latter shows her stubbornness to work hard and aim high. [emoji28] I think Raf needs to reconfigure her LP a bit for an easier content in Worlds. It's not the best idea score-wise but the CoR LP content worked well for her to stay calm and focused.

Here's a more important question: will we see any Disneyland pics from her? [emoji1787]

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
Lucky you! Or maybe not cause that was super hard to watch. Her nerves do always seem to get ahead of her don’t they. I think she needs to upgrade BIG TIME if she wants to be competitive next season. 3lz+3lo and 4’s. It seems unlikely but the situation is looking dire.

... Um, sorry, but I have to disagree big time. A content upgrade is definitely not the way to go when her problem is nerves, it'll worsen the problem for heaven's sake. And the last thing I want to see is Eunsoo being so focused on her jumps that she loses the beautiful presentation skills and elegance that make her shine. During the TSL interview last March, when asked about potential big jumps like 3As and quads she answered with "Raf and I are more focused on getting the programs cleanly skated" (not verbatim), and she has her goals straight. I have no idea whether you follow other Korean skaters or not, but Young always seemed so nervous and tentative while she was going for that 3A. She stopped going for it, and she won Nats (although squirtle did make mistakes... but anyway) and showed off her charm that she's known for. Hell, the new system aims for quality over quantity, and she has lovely huge jumps that get huge GOEs when done right. Her situation is far from dire, she has improved in leaps and bounds in just one season, and she has even more time and potential to grow. Just because she had a bad free at her first 4CC does not mean she's not going to be competitive next season, why in the world would you say that on her freaking fanfest???

Ichatdelune

Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
Oof
That was nerve-y skate. Hope she stays calm and collected for Worlds. I really wished Korea had 2 Worlds spot but I assume this matter is what's bugging her. She has all that pressure to herself yet she also wants to aim for a higher top 10 placement. I guess the latter shows her stubbornness to work hard and aim high. [emoji28] I think Raf needs to reconfigure her LP a bit for an easier content in Worlds. It's not the best idea score-wise but the CoR LP content worked well for her to stay calm and focused.

Here's a more important question: will we see any Disneyland pics from her? [emoji1787]

I hope to see lots of Disneyland pics with team Raf, I want to see her smiling and being happy.

The Worlds spots issue has been on her nerves for quite some time now, I'm guessing ever since Dabin couldn't compete this season due to her boot issues. She even said in in her latest interview that getting two spots for Korea has been a huge pressure, and I have to add that her ambitious/perfectionist self aims for even more... Maybe the Rostelecom LP layout might work, but I don't think the layout's difficulty is what gets her nerves flared up. It's the situation. At NHK she had a lovely short and was in medal contention, she got frozen and had a heartbreaking free. At Rostelecom she had a disastrous short, she was relaxed and skated clean (albeit without a second -3T). What she needs is the mental strategy to keep her calm when things doesn't go as she had envisioned it to, and if possible a little bit of on-the-fly math. Really, if she can skate clean when she misses the opening combo I'll have no more worries... (jk I am too much of an annoying fangirl I will forever worry about her)

EunsooLims

Rinkside
... Um, sorry, but I have to disagree big time. A content upgrade is definitely not the way to go when her problem is nerves, it'll worsen the problem for heaven's sake. And the last thing I want to see is Eunsoo being so focused on her jumps that she loses the beautiful presentation skills and elegance that make her shine. During the TSL interview last March, when asked about potential big jumps like 3As and quads she answered with "Raf and I are more focused on getting the programs cleanly skated" (not verbatim), and she has her goals straight. I have no idea whether you follow other Korean skaters or not, but Young always seemed so nervous and tentative while she was going for that 3A. She stopped going for it, and she won Nats (although squirtle did make mistakes... but anyway) and showed off her charm that she's known for. Hell, the new system aims for quality over quantity, and she has lovely huge jumps that get huge GOEs when done right. Her situation is far from dire, she has improved in leaps and bounds in just one season, and she has even more time and potential to grow. Just because she had a bad free at her first 4CC does not mean she's not going to be competitive next season, why in the world would you say that on her freaking fanfest???

I didn’t mean to say anything bad about Eunsoo ( I love her too much) but there’s no denying that the ladies field is going to be very, very competitive next season. Between Rika, 3A, Alina(Having some problems but might stick around if she gets the help she needs) the rest of the Russians and Japanese, and even L’ilbet, Eunsoo is gonna have lots of very tough competition in the next couple years. Almost all of the ladies above have some kind of technical advantage over her. If you think it would be stressful to go into every competition worrying about quads, imagine how stressful it must knowing that you have to get humongous GOE on every element to even have a shot at being on the podium. Look at Aloyna Kostornaia. Graceful, mature skating with big jumps and yet she still needs mistakes from Trusova to have a shot at winning gold. Big jumps make a difference. Saying this doesn’t mean that I think Aloyna or Eunsoo are bad skaters for not having them. No one was saying that Eunsoo wasn’t a good skater. Just that her tech content could be hindering her. Chill out

Ichatdelune

Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
I didn’t mean to say anything bad about Eunsoo ( I love her too much) but there’s no denying that the ladies field is going to be very, very competitive next season. Between Rika, 3A, Alina(Having some problems but might stick around if she gets the help she needs) the rest of the Russians and Japanese, and even L’ilbet, Eunsoo is gonna have lots of very tough competition in the next couple years. Almost all of the ladies above have some kind of technical advantage over her. If you think it would be stressful to go into every competition worrying about quads, imagine how stressful it must knowing that you have to get humongous GOE on every element to even have a shot at being on the podium. Look at Aloyna Kostornaia. Graceful, mature skating with big jumps and yet she still needs mistakes from Trusova to have a shot at winning gold. Big jumps make a difference. Saying this doesn’t mean that I think Aloyna or Eunsoo are bad skaters for not having them. No one was saying that Eunsoo wasn’t a good skater. Just that her tech content could be hindering her. Chill out

I think this shows a difference on how you and I differ on the definition of being a 'competitive skater'. I personally don't view a skater to be not competitive just because they aren't considered podium contenders, but that's just my opinion. I'm sorry for overreacting, I was upset and overly sensitive. I do still stand by the belief that she doesn't have to rush into learning big jumps (in the TSL interview she said "if I learn difficult jumps, maybe a triple axel", I agree), I'd like to let her grow on her own pace and not be rushed into filling the tech content because the Eteri 3A and others are jumping big. And while I love Alyona and Sasha Trusova I do worry that Alina Zagitova-esque situations might happen with them (Eteri's technique apparently is best suited for thin, short, light bodies), they are young and puberty hasn't hit them yet so we can't predict what'll happen in the future. Also while Kihira Rika is a great skater she does tend to pop her 3A in her short, and I still remember a clean Sakamoto Kaori beating her at Japanese Nationals. I'm talking about these other skaters not to derail them but to point out the fact that 1)Eunsoo is not going to be at the bottom of the list just because the 3A are becoming seniors and 2)we don't know how the scene will change. I'm not going to lie that results don't matter to me, they do, but I absolutely hate to pressure that darling even more than she is already going through. She has a perfectionist streak and the Korean media is always clamouring for a new Queen, she is going through pressure that I can't imagine a soon-to-be 16-year-old to be under. I want her to be happy, I want her to smile at the end of her skate and in the KnC, I want her to enjoy herself. Again, sorry for overreacting, but I just didn't want to see fans of all people putting pressure on her.

Ichatdelune

Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
It's the 26th already here in Korea, so (early?) happy birthday to our beloved squirtle Eunsoo :luv17: :hap10: May you have a most wonderful day with your beloved ones, I'll always be cheering and supporting you darling. Thank you for being such a beautiful, brave, lovely being, you're my angel in skates :luv17:

(I'll probably post a second time when it's the 26th in California :laugh:)

Ichatdelune

Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
It's the 26th now in California, so I'm celebrating her sweet sixteenth birthday again :hap10: Have a day as lovely as you are, darling.

Briananing

On the Ice
It s true though that she needs 3A or quads for the next olympic. I dont think she needs to put it by next season especially with her salchow success landing rate is still unpredictable but she atleast needs to start to train it. Her spins also need some works to do. She is close to yuna kim so could yuna give her some pointer how to be calm in big competion lol. Young you also seems to need this secret method.

Ichatdelune

Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
Jackie Wong's practice notes: 1Lz, 3Lz, 3Lz(ur,turn), 3S, 2A3T(fall), 2A3T, 3F, 3Lz3T(turn), 3Lz3T, 3Lz3T, 3Lz, runthru (3Lz3T, 3F, 2A), 3F, 2A

Squirtle's been working on her lutz mostly, but so far sounds good. I am praying with all my heart that darling doesn't let her nerves get to her

littlesheep

Rinkside
I heard that Eunsoo was injured this morning and may have to pull out from the competition. Anyone can confirm? Thanks!

Ichatdelune

Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
(bleep) What the (bleep)

The claims aside calf injury... why oh why

pandatours

On the Ice
https://translate.google.com/transl.../general/news/read.nhn?oid=001&aid=0010707609

Got this article from one of my friends. Unsure if it's another fake news though :(

So...Eunsoo’s agency said that Mariah deliberately skated into her and has been bullying her in training? But there wasn’t any reports of a collision last time I checked. I don’t think Mariah and Eunsoo are friends, but that doesn’t mean anything. It is an aggressive statement though...

This is all very crazy but I think jumping to conclusions either way is premature, I guess we will just see what Eunsoo has to say? My head is so jumbled