Crazy Future Predictions | Page 13 | Golden Skate

Crazy Future Predictions

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
And coached by fellow-Hapa baby Rika Hongo! :)

WHAAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTTT???????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :jaw: :jaw: :jaw:

I never realised Rika was mixed-race!!!!!!!! But, I just looked at her Wikipedia, and her Dad is from the UK!!!!!!!!!!

Now I am really intrigued to know where exactly his side of the family is from. Because now I am starting to wonder if there was a reason Rika used Riverdance this season. Is she one of our's...?

Hey, this changes everything for the crazy prediction I am working on!

But, now it means I am going to have to completely re-write what I have written so far. :bang: :laugh:

CaroLiza_fan

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Wow, never heard of Rika being half British either! But I do remember the interview with Nam was posted long ago in his FanFets. The pronounciation issue is also talked in his TSL interview at the very beginning: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yyfoWAPBDPM

My crazy prediction:
Ksenia & Adam learn witchcraft and they put a spell on on whole World to think investing in skaters is the future of the sport! :biggrin:

Sorrento

Record Breaker
Guys why do you talk about Nam in Crazy Predictions and not in his Fan Fest? I mean- this info would be very useful in his Fan thread and not in this Crazy thread.:scratch2:

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Okay since I see crazy predictions that come out as stories, I'll make up my own story....Let's see, what will happen in 2038, haha BOY have I got some crazy predictions to think. Um.......

Jason Brown becomes a coach and requires ALL his students to do stretches to be as flexible as possible and teaches them how to do huge facial expressions.

After the the 2022 success of a USA podium sweep due to McNamara/Carpenter, the Parsons, and Carreira/Ponomarenko (Gold to bronze), there is attention to Rockville, Maryland for ice dance success for the top 2, Rockville becomes the 2nd ice dance capital of the USA and there's an influx of people coming into the DC area. Kettler ice rink will have to have some skaters come due to not enough space in Rockville. Kettler starts to have success for figure skating and some people start to come to watch skaters practice more than the Caps (I love the Caps, but figure skating > ice hockey).

Nam and Polina (Edmunds) marry (Sorry had to put that in there LOL) and they become the new top coaches for figure skating in San Jose. They have two kids and their daughter starts to become even more successful than they ever were when they were around 14.

The first figure skater to do a quint turns out to be a female. She just started skating very young, doing a lot of jogging, and tons of squats to tone her thighs out to make them less "heavy."

Daniel Samohin, after medalling in 2022 and becoming the first Israeli to medal at the Olympic, cause to have an influx of skaters from Israel. Israel starts to become strong in pairs skating.

Plushy, at the age of 55, still wants to skate at the Olympics and even Tarasova, at the age of 91, has to bring him back to Earth to tell him he's too old.

This is part 1 for now.

Last edited:

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Part 2 (Since I'm home now): For in the year 2038.

Yuzuru Hanyu, after winning in 2018 for the Olympics, Worlds, Nationals, and GPF, has won BOTH his GPs. He retires and marries a nice Japanese woman. He moves back to Japan but leaves a stuffed Pooh bear behind at the Cricket Club as a symbol of him and a legacy he brought there. He and his wife have 3 children. Two boys and a girl. One of the boys and the girl both compete together for ice dance in Japan and become Japan's first world medalists in ice dancing at any level. The other son doesn't skate but instead becomes extremely involved in academics. Yuzuru becomes a coach and coaches another rising Japanese star.

After Alaine Chartrand FINALLY puts together 2 CLEAN performances and nails down a triple axel, she becomes the first Canadian lady to medal at Worlds since Joannie Rochette. Gabby Daleman follows suit and get Canada three spots for ladies for the first time in FOREVER. Alaine retires after the 2019-2020 season while Gabby stays for 2 more years and becomes one of only few ladies singles skaters in North America to compete in 3 Olympics. Gabby becomes a conditioning instructor for skaters while Alaine coaches skating. Alaine also is certified to do meditation on skaters to have them not headcase while skating.

Ashley retires after the 2018 WC and settles in California. She marries her boyfriend and Adam Rippon is the maid/man of honor at her wedding (Since Ashley and Adam are BFFs). Adam Rippon becomes a full-time choreographer after retirement and is still rocking out to choreography as he nears 50. Some might question if he was nearing 50 by the time 2038 happens.

Gracie, after finally being able to skate to music of her choice that's pop and being able to express, retires halfway into the 2022 Olympic quad. She becomes a coach as well and strongly encourages her skaters to pick out songs THEY LIKE and consult together if they like it.

After Javi finally wins an Olympic medal in 2018 and medals again at Worlds, he retires and moves to Japan with Miki. He and Miki marry and they have kids together. There is a boom of skaters in Spain that become highly competitive.

Deniss Vasiljevs, after becoming a surprise medalist at the 2026 Olympics, goes back to Latvia and he is a hero in Latvian sports. More skaters from Latvia start to emerge.

By 2038, there is a list of banned music from skating that includes POTO, Carmen, Romeo and Juliet, Swan Lake, Bolero, the Four Seasons, etc...

ISU FINALLY puts a ban on jewelry except for studs due to them finally having an epiphany on that jewelry can be dangerous.

KatGrace1925

Medalist
Gracie Gold comes out swinging and wins worlds 2017 then gets the olmypic Gold in 2018 with Julia Lipinskya as the silver medalist and Satoka Miyahara as the bronze medalist.

Layback11

Record Breaker
Bringing back my favorite crazy prediction from last year: a skater uses a live sheep as part of their exhibition program, ushering in a new era of weird exhibitions.

Yu/Jin secretly team up to eliminate the officials who split them so they can skate together again. Hao Zhang is unsatisfied with Yu as a partner and decides to help.

Once said officials have been tranquilized and sent off to a remote region in the mountains of Papua New Guinea (in shipping crates, by air mail), Hao Zhang is free to have his pick of all the pair girls in China. Wenjing Sui is afraid that he will choose her, and since Yu/Jin's official-eliminating plot was successful, asks them to help her eliminate him.

Since sending him to the same place as the officials would be a bad idea, they hypnotize him into buying a plane ticket to Austria of his own accord (so they won't get caught). Since only they know how to snap him out of his hypnotic trance, they are in no danger...or so they think.

The plan falls through when several tourists complain to the Vienna chamber of commerce about a lunatic wandering around, seemingly under some sort of spell. He is taken to a psychologist and snapped out of it. However, once he is snapped out, he realizes he rather enjoys Austria, applies for citizenship, and announces his retirement. Pair girls everywhere are relieved.

SarahSynchro

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Part 2 (Since I'm home now):
After Alaine Chartrand FINALLY puts together 2 CLEAN performances and nails down a triple axel, she becomes the first Canadian lady to medal at Worlds since Joannie Rochette. Gabby Daleman follows suit and get Canada three spots for ladies for the first time in FOREVER. Alaine retires after the 2019-2020 season while Gabby stays for 2 more years and becomes one of only few ladies singles skaters in North America to compete in 3 Olympics. Gabby becomes a conditioning instructor for skaters while Alaine coaches skating. Alaine also is certified to do meditation on skaters to have them not headcase while skatings.

Oh my goodness, yessss! If only Alaine could fix her UR problems and develop a consistent 3A, the sky would be the limit!

I also agreed with you when you said Miki and Javi need to get married and make beautiful babies.

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Oh my goodness, yessss! If only Alaine could fix her UR problems and develop a consistent 3A, the sky would be the limit!

I also agreed with you when you said Miki and Javi need to get married and make beautiful babies.

Did you read the part in part 1 where I talked about Plushy?

Layback11

Record Breaker
Since 2038 seems to be a common theme, I'll do some more of those. These will probably not make sense if you haven't read my previous 2038 prediction.

Gabriella Papadakis has taken over the Montreal ice dance training center. However, unlike her predecessors, she only has a few students-both by choice, to give them more individualized attention, and because everyone is flocking to Wheaton after McNamara/Carpenter win back-to-back Olympic gold in 2022 and 2026 and go into coaching after retirement. (They are also married. Have I mentioned that I ship them? :slink:)

Kaetlyn Osmond becomes a physical therapist, specializing in injury-prone young athletes like she once was, and goes to the Olympics as Team Canada's PT/trainer.

Sui/Han, the intrepid uncontacted-tribe-contactors, frequently attempt to use their previous fame to raise awareness for the cause of dying languages. Wenjing reveals herself to be fluent in eight dying languages on international television. Needless to say, their teenage twins are extremely embarrassed by their slightly crazy parents, and start an extremely popular blog to share their strange experiences.

Several of the skating commentators' children and the ex-skaters' children who are competing there become close friends and are the subject of a cutesy NBC fluff piece (produced by the Shibutanis, of course).

Yuzuru Hanyu has a very normal job outside of skating but decides immediately to go into coaching when he learns, while at the Olympics, that Boyang Jin's two children-a girl and a boy, ages 11 and 12-are both landing quad axels and the boy is working on quintuple salchows. The children, Xiang (girl) and Keung (boy-I had to look up names, LOL) are reluctant to move to Japan to train with Yuzuru, but are persuaded when their father tells them about his impressive string of world records. (He conveniently leaves out the "absolutely no coaching experience" part.) They train in Osaka, co-coached by Shoma Uno and choreographed for by actress/choreographer Satoko Miyahara (who are also married, because I also ship them :biggrin:) and become the indisputable "next big things" when both of them win their respective senior disciplines at Chinese Nationals.

Also, the idea of Satoko as a choreographer/actress/total boss lady gives me LIFE. :laugh2:

Yulia Lipnitskaya reluctantly agrees to choreograph an exhibition for star student/gold medalist Elizaveta Pogorilaya (daughter of Anna) set to one of violinist Evgenia Medvedeva's original compositions. After about twenty years of not speaking to each other, this breaks the ice between the two.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
in 2038, Peter Dude from Canada wins gold in singles, pairs (with partner Maria Chick) and same sex ice dance (with partner John Dude- his brother....) Canada obviously wins the team event despite the lower placement of the canadian lady, Akiko Honda (a japanese lady tired of placing 32039th at seniors nationals but after moving to canada, starting to place 1st every year).

Everyone was expecting Peter Dude to win Singles and Pairs... but because he was skating with his sibling John, nobody thought they could win gold in ice dance, especially with tango romantica in the SD (apparently judges were grossed out) .... They won it all when their breakdancing FD literally broke the ice dance world.

Why use skaters from now if we are going to talk about 2038 ? HAHA

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Gabriella Papadakis has taken over the Montreal ice dance training center. However, unlike her predecessors, she only has a few students-both by choice, to give them more individualized attention, and because everyone is flocking to Wheaton after McNamara/Carpenter win back-to-back Olympic gold in 2022 and 2026 and go into coaching after retirement. (They are also married. Have I mentioned that I ship them? :slink:)

I kinda ship them somewhat as well.