Alina Zagitova | Page 811 | Golden Skate

Alina Zagitova

lopsilceci

On the Ice
Country
Mexico
It's crazy, even though I don't consider myself to be supersticious and even think it's silly, before the SP and until now I found myself avoiding any jinxy thoughts or saying things out loud and as I watched her skate I didn't want to cross my arms or legs just in case 😝

All I want for Christmas is a clean Carmen 🙏🙏🙏

Scott512

Record Breaker
https://www.rt.com/sport/454388-zagitova-doping-control-world-championship/

Oh guys did you read that? Doping controlors clearly hate her .... First, they interput her at the training at PYC, now, take her to the doping control at 10! pm? They take athlete that late to the doping test ... and Alina was there 5hours, till 3pm ...

Look like history is repeting, hope it "bring her luck" for free ..

Disgustng. did this happen to other skaters too? Why couldn't they get her to pee in a cup after practice?

I hope she's rested and ready for her free skate. We know she's in good form.

mau

3Lz3Lo3Lo3Lo3Lo
On the Ice
Does someone have any insights or videos of Alina’s last practice? I only saw Jackie’s tweet.

Cherub721

On the Ice
I'm very heartened to read about her great practice! Go Alina! You already won the biggest competition there is, so you KNOW you can do this! :pray::luv17:

zenskate

Final Flight

gotoschool

Medalist
Alina really gave an impressive SP performance with the multiple change of direction turns, many on one skate, mixed in with her spinning pirouettes and a well timed placement of a high leg kick that embellished the skating between her elements. In addition to her quick reflexes and fluid delivery and agility in the triple lutz / triple loop combo, there are her wonderful transitions such as the lovely extension on her charlotte spiral, which coincided nicely with a peak in the music, then the grace and difficulty of turning on one skate on her entrance to her double axel. Finally, I was impressed with the multiple quick turns on one skate when entering her triple flip with the rippon tanoes and flair of the arms on exit. One quality I don’t like with some other skaters is the extra stroking with the second blade on the entrance to triple flips or jump combos. I prefer Alina’s ability to enter jumps on one skate with complex transitions because it is aesthetically more appealing and demonstrates excellent skating skills. I think Alina is graceful and smooth, contrary to many criticisms, even though I don't think these are her greatest strengths. For me, Alina is one of my favorites because of her wide array of engaging movements, her fine agility, athleticism, her compelling expression and her excellent transitions and flexibility while bringing in a lot of elegance with her beautiful spins and spirals. I hope Alina gives a wonderful performance in the long program as well.

Asphalto

Rinkside
SHE DID IT!!!!!!!! She deserves it I'm so happy for her!😭
after all the people that doubted her.
I'm worned out just from watching haha
She's really on fire I'm lovin' it 💗

hollyho

On the Ice
WORLD CHAMPION!!! [emoji324]

Ahhhhhhhhhh!

I can’t imagine the amount of stress. You did it, Alina!!!