Video transcripts and translations | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Video transcripts and translations

cocotaffy

Final Flight
What an excellent thread idea. I was actually thinking it would be great if the admin would agree to put it as a sticky thread throughout the season cause I sure will refer to it very often.

LRK

Record Breaker
Grishin sees to it that we're being kept entertained all the time. Too much sometimes - I sometimes long to gag him! :laugh2:

These translations are brilliant, thank you - and give me quite the different appreciation for Grishin.:) I've also often wished he'd just keep quiet - "what is he nattering on about now?!" I've often wondered, especially when I've been able to catch a few names and had no idea what they could have had had to do with the matter at hand. As in the Ashley translation, I'd have had no clue as to why he was mentioning Caro or Mishin. This is so great & eyeopening - thanks again!:)

Fayruza

Match Penalty
These translations are brilliant, thank you - and give me quite the different appreciation for Grishin.:) I've also often wished he'd just keep quiet - "what is he nattering on about now?!" I've often wondered, especially when I've been able to catch a few names and had no idea what they could have had had to do with the matter at hand. As in the Ashley translation, I'd have had no clue as to why he was mentioning Caro or Mishin. This is so great & eyeopening - thanks again!:)

He isn't content with being just a commentator, he's got to be an entertainer as well. There's an awful lot of rubbish he comes up with. Fans love quoting his most memorable phrases - Grishisms, so to speak!

bartlebooth

Record Breaker
I did the first one:
Papadakis/Cizeron Free Dance at 2015 Worlds.
Teledeporte commentary by Paloma del Rio and Javier Raya, who sure were enthusiastic about the outcome.

0:05 Concentrated look on Gabriella Papagakis' face - marvellous program on Mozart's music
1:00 And with crossing patterns, too
Very fast and precise
They' ve done good twizzles
2:56 What beauty!
Yes, I don't know why, but they really draw my attention – more than other teams
3:29 What sensuality
They skate as a whole, as an unit
3:46 I like this
This is the choreo section
Look at that lift – wow a helluva program!
They got all Level 4s, look at their TES a helluva program!
No wonder their competitors are clapping - 57 points of TES Weaver/Poje got 52.
They're going to get first place, and gold! With 57.12 points of TES they're going to leap froom 4th to gold
Wow. They're going to get gold!
Look out for the smash hit of the day! Marvellous
The French are going to get gold – no doubt about it with such TES, let's wait for the Total Score
They're going to knock American and Canadian teams flat
European champions are going to get gold

9.54 ch, 9.61 in their TES is now 55.63 a bit lower but still 4 points higher than the Americans
Look at their expression, they're as in a nirvana state
So impressive
The only element not at Level 4 was their final choreographic one
Romain and Marie-France look so happy
They need 109.40 to get first place
Let's see
They have it all to go in first- there you are! World champions!
Holy Mother! So good
Group hug with Patrice! World champions!
They just skated a great program, 55.63 TES + 56.71 PCS I think not even them were expecting so much

More to come later - of course I'm happy to share with xibzuarz

TMC

Record Breaker
So fast!!! Thank you so much bartlebooth :yay:

I'm going to watch the video with the translation tonight as a treat once I'm done with work for the day :)

LRK

Record Breaker
I've a Russian translation request, but not of commentary - I suddenly remembered that I was quite curious as to what Inna Goncharenko was saying to Maxim Kovtun before his SP skate at SA:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLUMzEmNp4U

I hope it is audible enough to make out what she says. Thanks in advance - and please don't anyone feel the need to hurry; I'm just curious, is all.:)

Alex D

Record Breaker
I can help with German and in emergency moments Russian, I am horrible in French so please never ask me about that. :laugh:

cocotaffy

Final Flight
I can help with French but not much interesting commentating on that side of the pond unfortunately :noshake:

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
OK, I'll do the whole of the video.

ASHLEY WAGNER
Skate America 2016 SP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYQIeZxS0Sw&t=67s

Grishin: (Ashley Wagner) who was brilliant in Boston is continuing to prove that even at the age of well over 20 she can compete with the jumping beans from Japan. Russian girls get called so too sometimes. Sweet Dreams, Eurythmics. Annie Lennox's wonderful voice, Dave Stuart's fantastic guitar. Wagner has power over all the 60 shades of any colour, not just grey.
(After Ashley lands her combination) Do you still keep saying Wagner underrotates? It was a clean combination.
(After Ashley finishes) Yes, have a look what energy and power Ashley has come up with! They reach us from Chicago over the Atlantic Ocean! When she's good, she's very-very good! Ashley Wagner - what a stunning routine! Well, who's the golden girl of the US figure skating now? We'll wait until the end of the current pre-Olympic season, but compared to Gold, Wagner is performing unbelievably well. You can't compare these two athletes at the moment - Gold is still inconsistent while Wagner is wonderful, she's getting better and better. That's what 'vivifying' Aratyunyan is doing. Fyodor, what's the expert's view? You should pick up your jaw, really!
Fyodor: Yes, yes, yes, I just went silent since I was enjoying it immensely, I didn't even try to analyse the program, I was just watching and taking delight in it. I loved everything, everything was pristine, I just point out how much she interacted with the audience, her emotional involvement.
Grishin: Two well-known female athletes jumping clockwise jumps - Ashley Wagner and Carolina Kostner. Wagner has nearly perfected her jumps, and she has nearly got rid of her underrotations. We'll see how things stand with Kostner who's been training with Mishin. In general, two gorgeous skaters from outside Russia are ready to prove that it's possible to show good results even at their age. Brilliant, it was a brilliant performance, excellent score, and she deserved it, I think. 69.50, she wins the SP - and no one doubted it, Ashley proved that she's better than anyone else on the first day of Skate America.

Thank you :thank:so much, Fayruza! BTW, is this Fyodor Klimov, or someone else?

What is so wonderful to see is how generous, enthusiastic and positive these commentators are, and how much they enjoy and appreciate all the aspects of figure skating. That doesn't surprise me, because I've always felt that the Russian views of figure skating are much more complete in embracing the artistic and musical, as well as the technical. This transcript is in sharp contrast to what so many of the GS members say about Ashley .... it's very discouraging to see people around here being so unfair and ungenerous to someone who's a star, who loves the sport so much and keeps improving.

So this translation is a very happy thing for me to hear!:love: And it doesn't even surprise me much. I've often listened to the Russian commentators and felt that they must be emphasizing the positive, saying something encouraging and enthusiastic about everyone. Again, thanks Fayruza.

Fyodor: Yes, yes, yes, I just went silent since I was enjoying it immensely, I didn't even try to analyse the program, I was just watching and taking delight in it. I loved everything, everything was pristine, I just point out how much she interacted with the audience, her emotional involvement.

:love: :luv17: :love: