What skater do you want to hang out with? | Golden Skate

What skater do you want to hang out with?

charmblade

Final Flight
All right, we can tell the season is underway due to the number of crazy threads and posts that have popped up recently. Let's try to move away from the negatives and think about something a little more fun!!

If you could hang out with a skater and share a meal or a drink or just a fun evening together, who would it be and why? Pretend there would be no potential language barrier. Who seems like a fun person and good friend? Who do you want to dish the dirt or hit the mall with? Who do you want to have a serious conversation about life with?

Let keep it all positive in here, folks!

My choices:

I'd love to have a meal with the Shibs, they seem like they have good taste in food, and maybe some shopping with the ever stylish Maia. The Shibs seem like such nice but still fun people.

Adam and Ashley would be so fun to grab a drink and go out dancing.

Julia Lipnitskaya seems like she's tough and funny and doesn't take any nonsense and I'd love to have a conversation with her.

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
All right, we can tell the season is underway due to the number of crazy threads and posts that have popped up recently. Let's try to move away from the negatives and think about something a little more fun!!

If you could hang out with a skater and share a meal or a drink or just a fun evening together, who would it be and why? Pretend there would be no potential language barrier. Who seems like a fun person and good friend? Who do you want to dish the dirt or hit the mall with? Who do you want to have a serious conversation about life with?

Let keep it all positive in here, folks!

My choices:

I'd love to have a meal with the Shibs, they seem like they have good taste in food, and maybe some shopping with the ever stylish Maia. The Shibs seem like such nice but still fun people.

Julia Lipnitskaya seems like she's tough and funny and doesn't take any nonsense and I'd love to have a conversation with her.

Agree with your choices. Adam & Ashley would be my first choice - they seem like they would be a blast to hang out with.

I would also add Misha Ge to this list - he's interesting, speaks many languages and is so creative.

Nathan13

Medalist
YES Maia is a literal ray of sunshine. Evgenia seems genuinely nice as well. I would also say Jason--he is so incredibly loyal and dedicated to his fans (did anyone else see him and Kori hugging the crying gate girl at Skate America? It was adorable).

I think Seguin/Bilodeau would be my couple of choice. She's always smiling and they both seem super positive and delightful!
Great thread!!

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
I'd love to do some sky diving with Patrick Chan ;) or any of these other crazy high adrenaline activities he enjoys! Must be fun!

I'd love to hang out with Denis Ten. He is such a smart and interesting guy. I'd like to get to know what he likes to read, what music he prefers to listen to, etc

From seeing Misha Ge and his dad at ACI, just hanging out, they seem super fun. I bet spending some time with them walking around a new city would be fun.

I'd be curious to chat with Meagan Duhamel about being vegan. I am a carnivore but I enjoy vegetarian cuisine a lot so I'd like to know what she eats, how she cooks, what's her favourite stuff.... and also get to know more about her strong personality.

I'd like to go dancing with Piper and Paul... hit the clubs and have fun!

that's pretty much about it for now ;)

xibsuarz

Record Breaker
Definitely the Shibs :biggrin: They seem like such nice, fun people. Adam and Ashley seem to be like that too, but I think they would be a little too much for me :laugh:
Jason is also someone I'd like to chat with sometime, I think it would leave a smile on my face for the whole day because he is just so cheerful and positive. Misha also falls in this category.
Zhenya! She likes many of the things that I like too, and as young as she may be, she seems like a very tough cookie. So it would be interesting to hang out for a while.

Krunchii

Record Breaker
Daniel Samohin and Evgenia were having so much fun together during the Gala practice at Skate Canada, I'd like to hang out with them, it would probably include a lot of running around, teasing and everyone would be super carefree. They're both like energizer bunnies, all over the place, but then again, I might be a third wheel.

I was disappointed I didn't get to speak to Misha Ge at Skate Canada, I got to high five him twice during the Gala but I remember I saw a Chinese interview of him from Shanghai Worlds. He's extremely introspective, the way he described how he came up with his costume, the emotions, symbols, I think he's a really really intelligent person, it'd be interesting to talk to him as just Misha Ge than Misha Ge the showman.

mrrice

Record Breaker
At my age, I think I'd rather hang out with the coaches and watch my favorite skaters while they're being trained. I would LOVE to see how Patrick and Marina work together. I'd also love to have dinner with Alexei Mishin, Eteri Tuteridze, Kori, and Tom Z. In fact, I'd love to host a dinner party for ALL the coaches. I'd love to hear how they motivate a skater through rough times, like Mirai is experiencing now. With all of Maria Butyrskaya's troubles, I wonder how her coaches kept her from quitting. I'm sure that many people thought she'd never be a World Champion. To this day, I remember Michelle Kwan crying at the end of her "Fields Of Gold" exhibition program in 2002 and I bet she'd have some words of inspiration for Mirai. Michelle had a spectacular season following her Olympic disappointment and I'd love to see Mirai get over this GP by working harder, not crying or making excuses for her less than stellar performance in Canada.

padme21

On the Ice
I'd like to do Karaoke with Misha Ge.

Ballroom dancing with the ShibSibs.

Take ice skating lessons from Hanyu.

Explore Spain with Javier.

Learn about fashion from Anna and Luca.

Go to a amusement park with Nam.

Oh I forgot Jason!
See Riverdance with Jason Brown!

Last edited:

ssffww

On the Ice
Cool thread! There are so many, but if only one I would say Ashley Wagner. I'd also love to sit down with Tonya Harding and hear her story.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
All right, we can tell the season is underway due to the number of crazy threads and posts that have popped up recently. Let's try to move away from the negatives and think about something a little more fun!! ...

Great idea for a thread :bow:. For starters:

- I want to make latkes with Max and Maddie Aaron.

- I want a play-date with Mirai and her dogs. Also dinner with her at her parents' Japanese restaurant.

- I want to go shopping and skating with Satoko at the Galleria mall in Houston (where she learned to skate, I believe).​

And that's only scratching the surface ;).
I wanna hang out with Tessa and Scott :dance2: ... and a million more :ghug:.

I am hating a lot of the negativity in other threads at the moment.

This one is a much-needed breath of fresh air. Many thanks to you, charmblade.

Last edited:

naz

On the Ice
Honestly this is the best thread I've seen in a while :laugh:

I agree with absolutely everything that's been said before about the Shibs, Adam&Ashley (I feel like they need their own blended name now), Denis, Zhenya, Misha and Nam! All of them seem like amazing people who have something to bring to the table in terms of activities :)

I'd also like to hang out with Gracie, I think she's super nice and it would be cool to go do "girly" things with her. Same goes for Madison Chock, Tarah Kayne and Elena Ilinykh!

ETA: I can't leave Carly out if I hang out with Gracie! So, I'd hit the mall, a coffee shop, get a mani/pedi and go to the movies with Gracie, Carly, Madi, Tarah and Lena! :love::laugh:

Last edited:

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Thanks charmblade!!

Actually, I'd love to get a drink with Maxim Kovtun. I feel like he sort has built this persona online, but I think there's more to him!

I'd love to talk video filming/editing skills with Alex Shibutani. I'd like ot nerd out on what lenses he uses and any cool editing tricks he's learned over the years.

I think karaoke with Misha and Jason would be so much fun!

Also I'd love to organize a skater's photo shootout and invite people like Courtney Hicks, Alex Shibutani and Carly Gold (and any other budding skater photographers. :) )

FlattFan

Match Penalty

Are you sure about the Shibs? I didn't get good vibe from Alex Shib. He seemed haughty everytime I ran into him. Oozing arrogance for whatever reason. Really strange vibe.
Ashley is another girl that wouldn't be fun to hang out with. She got a certain Regina George thing going on.
This is from personal interactions without cameras around. I don't know them. They could be really nice to some people.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Are you sure about the Shibs? I didn't get good vibe from Alex Shib. He seemed haughty everytime I ran into him. Oozing arrogance for whatever reason. Really strange vibe.
Ashley is another girl that wouldn't be fun to hang out with. She got a certain Regina George thing going on.
This is from personal interactions without cameras around. I don't know them. They could be really nice to some people.

Well you don't have to hang out with them if you don't want too, FF. :laugh:

Who would you want to hang with instead?

ice coverage

Record Breaker
... Also I'd love to organize a skater's photo shootout and invite people like Courtney Hicks, Alex Shibutani and Carly Gold (and any other budding skater photographers. :) )

In a similar vein :agree:, on my wish list is a low-key informal concert with performances by all the talented skater-musicians:
Josh Farris, Dolensky, Radford, Dornbush, Patrick Chan, Mervin, Charlie White ...​

Not purposely overlooking females, but names are not easily coming to mind. IIRC, Starr Andrews is a singer? Must be other female musicians out there?

ETA, another one:
I want to go roller skating with Haven Denney and Brandon Frazier.​

Last edited:

Barb

Record Breaker
Shibs food and shopping.
Mao travel, food and talk, I think she would be a wonderful travelling companion.
Elena R. shopping too.
Evgenia. cinema and dinner, she seems funny and nice person.

eta. 2,000 posts :hap57:

Last edited:

tzazu

Medalist
No language barrier? Then a group dinner with Voronov, Fernandez, Amodio, Ashley and AdamšŸ˜

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
In a similar vein :agree:, on my wish list is a low-key informal concert with performances by all the talented skater-musicians:
Josh Farris, Dolensky, Radford, Dornbush, Patrick Chan, Mervin, Charlie White ...​

Not purposely overlooking females, but names are not easily coming to mind. IIRC, Starr Andrews is a singer? Must be other female musicians out there?
Elizabet Tursynbaeva!

EDIT: And Denis Ten plays some too: https://www.instagram.com/p/37XPnbu4zr/ I vaguely remember some interview in which he said that at some point he needed to choose between music and skating.

Last edited: