Live Reports | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Live Reports

mrrice

Record Breaker
Was it the French Pair Team that had a bit of a "Row" or "Spat" ? How are they getting along these days?

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Any practice reports or videos?

Not really. Only reports are coming from one press member who is posting on FSU. The press attended the practice with those 4,000 school kids but I wouldn't rely on any of those kids for reports ;) I was told that practice was closed to the public so I went to the Louvre, sad, I could have passed for a high school student :laugh:

One member of the press has posted Instagram photos https://www.instagram.com/julbka_/

Last edited:

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker
Was it the French Pair Team that had a bit of a "Row" or "Spat" ? How are they getting along these days?

Yes... you are probably thinking of Vanessa James & Morgan Cipres they had a nasty visible fight in the Kiss and Cry early this year. People wondered if it was the cusp of a breakup, but they showed up together at worlds working on throw 4S and seemed on good terms again and have been doing well.

mrrice

Record Breaker
Yes... you are probably thinking of Vanessa James & Morgan Cipres they had a nasty visible fight in the Kiss and Cry early this year. People wondered if it was the cusp of a breakup, but they showed up together at worlds working on throw 4S and seemed on good terms again and have been doing well.

Thanks for the reply StitchMonkey, I'm telling you, the people on GS are so much more knowledgeable than anywhere else. :thank:

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker

It was not a real fight but Morgan was letting it be known he was upset with Vanessa who fell in the program. He was reluctant to hold her hand when acknowledging the crowd when they finished and ignored her at the K&C, leaving as soon as the scores were announced, leaving behind Vanessa and a coach who comforted her.

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker
It was not a real fight but Morgan was letting it be known he was upset with Vanessa who fell in the program. He was reluctant to hold her hand when acknowledging the crowd when they finished and ignored her at the K&C, leaving as soon as the scores were announced, leaving behind Vanessa and a coach who comforted her.

^^ this was fight #2... you and stitch are talking about different fights :)

yeah.... the one i was thinking of Vanessa was very clearly doing the yelling and the angry one.

Anyway, they seem to have figured things out so good for them.

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
yeah.... the one i was thinking of Vanessa was very clearly doing the yelling and the angry one.

Anyway, they seem to have figured things out so good for them.

Really? Fights happen after performances, right? Let's see if they will continue to take turns.

Anyway, I'm concerned for Vanessa's safety. Pairs is a dangerous sport requiring complete trust and the male partner needs to be protective.

mrrice

Record Breaker
I just want to be clear on times. I live in Ca. and Paris is 9 hours ahead of me. Are the feeds for the US all on eastern standard time?

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
in each thread, there's a world clock link... you will find your local timezone mrrice.. just need to click click click and tick tick tick ;)
I just want to be clear on times. I live in Ca. and Paris is 9 hours ahead of me. Are the feeds for the US all on eastern standard time?

solani

Record Breaker
Country
Austria
i don't doubt she will land on two feet... :) :devil: loving the height on the them though :)
The first attempt was controlled, the trajectory was very good, it looked as if she could have landed it on one foot. I'm all for her practicing the quad and triple axel throw with two feet landings - she's already taking much risk, I want her to stay healthy. And I don't really mind her landing on two feet in competition either, it's still a very appealing throw because of the height, distance and good flow out. If she lands the first attempt on one foot she should get +2 minimum.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
the definition of a jump/throw jump is that it is taking off on an edge or a toe pick and landing on ONE foot.... i would have no issue if, she just secured the landings in practice with the assistance of the second foot, as I agree, we do not need another injured pair diva... however, every competition since her return, she's two footed something... it's getting to become a problem. hence my comment. i will be happy to cheer when she lands her throws/jumps on one foot.
The first attempt was controlled, the trajectory was very good, it looked as if she could have landed it on one foot. I'm all for her practicing the quad and triple axel throw with two feet landings - she's already taking much risk, I want her to stay healthy. And I don't really mind her landing on two feet in competition either, it's still a very appealing throw because of the height, distance and good flow out. If she lands the first attempt on one foot she should get +2 minimum.

Last edited:

solani

Record Breaker
Country
Austria
the definition of a jump/throw jump is that it is taking off on an edge or a toe pick and landing on ONE foot.... i would have no issue if, she just secured the landings in practice with the assistance of the second foot, as I agree, we do not need another injured pair diva... however, every competition since her return, she's two footed something... it's getting to become a problem. hence my comment. i will be happy to cheer when she lands her throws/jumps on one foot.
Yes, the problem is if she practices with two feet landings it's getting a habit. I personally always prefer a good triple throw over a mediocre quad throw. But the judging system doesn't and Aljona wants to rack up all the points she can possibly get. The thing is - even with a two feet landing this isn'ta mediocre quad throw because of the height and distance. Yes, -1 for the landing, but it's still very good.

eppen

Medalist
Country
Spain
Ok, the first pairs group over. Little intro at the beginning actually works... pairs tend to have cool music, but somehow often the connection btw music and movement is not there.

1st group untidy mostly, but the french pair obviously well-loved.

E

eppen

Medalist
Country
Spain
The 2nd group in pairs a marked improvement in speed, quality and difficulty. E&Z seemed slow, even to their slowed music, T&M better but somehow with little personally. S&M sold the program like crazy (the only ones, btw), but occasionally slowed down to almost a halt. Still like them the most. Some awkward moment with robin and aliona in the same narrow corridori. A polite distance was maintained.

Now being bored by SD 1st group. Gilles & Poirier had a good start, but the disco seemed slow in places. The best moment: piper walking Paul to the gate, his eyes were closed... And just now: guillaume fixing gabriella's lipstick before warm-up

E

eppen

Medalist
Country
Spain
I'm not sure of either blues or hiphop being a very good choice for ice dance. Hubbell & donahue's medley had very little hiphop in either music or movement and again that disconnect btw music and what happened on the ice. I&Z were good, but the blues could have been dirtier to match the music.

And then P&Z... The blues was fine, but the swing part was just so lively, low-down, dirty and cool. I'm almost wishing they would have taken on hiphop.

Adam warming up in the background! Guys getting ready.

E