Random Confessions | Page 74 | Golden Skate

Random Confessions

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I was so disappointed with the ladies... so boring compared to the other events IMO...

That and I think that I have Olympic Fatigue. I'm actually thankful they're coming to an end.

8 days till Iditarod, though!

Mussique

On the Ice
Half of my life is spent in waiting rooms of airports, train stations and all of that.
Today I didn't really sleep because I had to go catch a train to the airport at 3 15. Decided to go at 3 instead. The train station is 20 min by foot from my residence, but just to be safe.
Well, my suitcase (I'm carrying two) broke in two points, meaning it doesn't have a handle anymore, just a short broken stick. It was really difficult to control —and by the way, it's sharp, and turns out my hand is bleeding.

So I decided to catch a taxi. Just, I'm in the middle of nowhere, so no taxis.
Until one actually appeared, hooray. Thanks to that, I could arrive just one minute late instead of fifteen, and got charged a ridiculous amount for it :D
So now I've got one hour to kill and I really hope I won't be late for my plane —this train is supposed to arrive 50 min before departure, and 30 before the first boarding call, but, you know, I still have a full suitcase that could conveniently break too!:yahoo:

... seriously, how in hell can I have such bad luck sometimes?
:slink: also here's so cold I can't even paint :(

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I'm having such a hard time getting excited for the Iditarod this year. Normally it's my favorite time of year, but with all of the crap that's happened since October (basically shady management, gee, who would've guessed that could happen in sport :mad: ) I just can't really be excited. :no:

BTW, Norway, take care of Dallas Seavey while he's over there. He deserves a little love after everything he's gone through over here!

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
thank You, nunner for my 11.000 thumb up on my posts!:thank::laugh:

I passed 5,000 a couple of weeks ago. (Never thought of checking which post in the Eurosport Updates thread it was for, but thank you to YesWay for giving it! :thank: ).

But you're a nice person, so you deserve to get more! ;) :biggrin:

CaroLiza_fan

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
I really envy you! You'll have a great time. Live FS events are just class. Well, probably depends where you are and whom you meet, but there should be loads of fine GS folk about. By the end of it you might feel like a zombie (if you're like me and stay up almost all night and have one or two bevis to go with it :), but you'll be in a super happy place.
I'm still thinking about it, my main reason would be Stolbova/Klimov. They say they're going to Worlds, but I wouldn't bet my life on it. Javi has also cancelled and I wonder who else won't turn up. I haven't got that much cash to spare and not many holidays left to take and I'm already thinking of Rostelecom...

Figureskatingfanproblems, a nice thing to have! :hap10:

:ghug:
Thank You a lot, LadyB! It feels surreal, to be honest, I just hope to have time of my life, broaden my perspective of perceiving figure skating and feel the magnitude of all skaters and fans, being among them. In case You will be there - I will attend to both Pairs' segments and maybe there will be a chance to say hi:) :) :)

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
^ Have another one on me :)

I passed 5,000 a couple of weeks ago. (Never thought of checking which post in the Eurosport Updates thread it was for, but thank you to YesWay for giving it! :thank: ).

But you're a nice person, so you deserve to get more! ;) :biggrin:

CaroLiza_fan

Thank You both Sam-Skwantch and CaroLiza_fan! :thank:
Not sure about 'being a nice person' though, at least not for everyone, since I got called 'rag' in PM few days ago (which has pretty negative connotation in Polish language...). The user (a Pole, since PM was written in Polish) is now banned, but a taste of annoyance still is there. It was a first experience like that for me here, at least I know now what it feels like;)

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
I think it's interesting how many likes you have given. I'm in the 2000s myself. Maybe I'm agreeable?

I said 2000 I meant 20000. I've given more than I've received. Which is how it should be in my book.

Last edited:

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Thank You a lot, LadyB! It feels surreal, to be honest, I just hope to have time of my life, broaden my perspective of perceiving figure skating and feel the magnitude of all skaters and fans, being among them. In case You will be there - I will attend to both Pairs' segments and maybe there will be a chance to say hi:) :) :)

See you there!!! :yahoo:

LadyB

Record Breaker

You will do all of the above!!! If I actually turn up, I'd love to meet up with you. :agree:

LadyB

Record Breaker
Sorry to say, NoNameFace, I won't be there since Ksenia has broken her leg.... We'll meet another time :thumbsup: If you have only a third of the fun I had at Europeans, you've got something to remember for a very, very long time!

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Looking back, I see how much my life has changed from last Olympics to this Olympics that has just come to an end (Went by so fast). I've became huge of three great skaters, I became fans for more skaters, I've been to 3 Skate Americas, one World Championship (Only for the men's FP), and one stars on ice show. I've met like 14 skaters (And one-ex skater in the form of Johnny Weir at a Starbucks in Lake Placid). I joined this forum. I posted so many times. I watched livestreams on competitions. I became more knowledgable in the sport. I met new friends. I graduated college. I started grad school. And I finally have a boyfriend. So I wonder what the next 4 years till next Olympics will hold. Will I be married? Would I have kids? Will I go to more skating competitions? Will I be in a good place in terms of a job? Will the Caps finally win the Cup? Will the Nats win the World Series? A lot can happen in 4 years. There were things that happened from the 2014 Olympics up to the start of the 2018 Olympics that I certainly did not expect at all in terms of stuff happening in my life. So here's to another 4 years *raises champagne glass.* (PS Golden Skate should totally put that there as a sticker)

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
Sorry to say, NoNameFace, I won't be there since Ksenia has broken her leg.... We'll meet another time :thumbsup: If you have only a third of the fun I had at Europeans, you've got something to remember for a very, very long time!

Sad, but understand. Hopefully there will be another occasion to meet and chat:) :)

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Looking back, I see how much my life has changed from last Olympics to this Olympics that has just come to an end (Went by so fast). I've became huge of three great skaters, I became fans for more skaters, I've been to 3 Skate Americas, one World Championship (Only for the men's FP), and one stars on ice show. I've met like 14 skaters (And one-ex skater in the form of Johnny Weir at a Starbucks in Lake Placid). I joined this forum. I posted so many times. I watched livestreams on competitions. I became more knowledgable in the sport. I met new friends. I graduated college. I started grad school. And I finally have a boyfriend. So I wonder what the next 4 years till next Olympics will hold. Will I be married? Would I have kids? Will I go to more skating competitions? Will I be in a good place in terms of a job? Will the Caps finally win the Cup? Will the Nats win the World Series? A lot can happen in 4 years. There were things that happened from the 2014 Olympics up to the start of the 2018 Olympics that I certainly did not expect at all in terms of stuff happening in my life. So here's to another 4 years *raises champagne glass.* (PS Golden Skate should totally put that there as a sticker)

Funny how life changes. Sounds like you've had a lot of changes in the last few years!

The biggest life change for me in the last Olympic quad, of course, is having my daughter and it's so funny how plugged in the forum was in that whole process.. I still read that thread from time to time to remember how much support and love I got. I am so thankful for that.

I have to give props to Mr. P because twice he agreed to watch now Toddler P alone so I could go to both 2016 Worlds and this year's U.S. Nationals and I got to meet some GS folks in person!

I look forward to going to more competitions in the next quad and talking to you guys some more.

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
this is TMI, but...

I have a new dance class coming up at a new studio
Sounds great, right?
well no... like any good studio, they're not big on warmups, or anything besides the leo and tights. it'll be shark week on that day. and I can't use tampons. Ugh!! :(

This totally confused me, because it doesn't seem that long since Discovery last had a Shark Week. So I looked it up, and the last edition was 7 months ago (July 2017), while the next edition is another 5 months away (July 2018).

Plus, I couldn't make the connection with tampons. :confused:

Then I noticed Urban Dictionary in the search results, and it explained EVERYTHING. :eek:

I am so not down with the kids.

CaroLiza_fan

P.S. Speaking as a guy, yes, definitely too much information for the delicate male disposition. Here is what I wrote when Papa Mishin was giving us too many details as to why Liza withdrew from the 2015 Bavarian Open.