Velvet | Page 31 | Golden Skate

Velvet

dawnsearlylight65

On the Ice
Just finished epi 14 of season 4. Heartland. Thank goodness Ty is back!!

I really like how Jack handles the situation in this episode. He pretty much tells Ty that he shouldn't wreck his life because he and Amy broke up. Caleb is such a bad influence over him, isn't he? It is despicable the way Chase pursues Amy, and the way Blair went after Ty, in Amy's barn no less! They should have respected Ty and Amy's relationship, as well as their own. Hang in there, it takes time, but Ty and Amy will get past this and be stronger for it.

LoveShura

On the Ice
I really like how Jack handles the situation in this episode. He pretty much tells Ty that he shouldn't wreck his life because he and Amy broke up. Caleb is such a bad influence over him, isn't he? It is despicable the way Chase pursues Amy, and the way Blair went after Ty, in Amy's barn no less! They should have respected Ty and Amy's relationship, as well as their own. Hang in there, it takes time, but Ty and Amy will get past this and be stronger for it.
Yup, love Jack! And Tim is such a funny jerk, you just have to like him anyway:) Caleb and Ashley need to grow up!

dawnsearlylight65

On the Ice
Yup, love Jack! And Tim is such a funny jerk, you just have to like him anyway:) Caleb and Ashley need to grow up!

The problem with Ashley is that she isn't grown up, she is barely 18. She has no idea what real love, sacrificial love is, all she has seen is grasping, selfish love. Caleb makes her feel good, and he is handsome. They got married in a rush, they didn't talk about anything couples should discuss beforehand. Caleb isn't much older, maybe 22 (in a future season he says he is 25). All the tough times Amy and Ty go through teach them valuable lessons about relationships, and they allow each to realize how much they love the other. These next episodes will show Amy that Ty still cares, but it will take her a long time to trust him again. It doesn't help that Chase keeps involving himself in her life.

LoveShura

On the Ice
Ok, I got hooked on Love and Punishment... yup, got lost in that world. Good thing cuz my world was not great!! I will get back to Heartland but Dawnsearlylight, please watch it and we'll discuss!!!

LoveShura

On the Ice
Yup, starting season 5. Don't read the other thread if you are going to start Love and Punishment!

dawnsearlylight65

On the Ice
Yup, starting season 5. Don't read the other thread if you are going to start Love and Punishment!

OK, I'll stay away from the other thread (do you mean KS & S) until I have watched Love and Punishment. You should like season 5, Ty and Amy are strong in this season. Six through 7 are good, too. Can you believe it took them at least 6 months to get back together? They can be so stubborn.

LoveShura

On the Ice
OK, I'll stay away from the other thread (do you mean KS & S) until I have watched Love and Punishment. You should like season 5, Ty and Amy are strong in this season. Six through 7 are good, too. Can you believe it took them at least 6 months to get back together? They can be so stubborn.
I'll comment as I go! Yes, I meant the KS&S thread.

DelRetiro

On the Ice
Apparently Spanish fans had their fill of "Velvet." Whereas the 4th season of "Velvet" averaged 3 million viewers per episode and the series finale brought in well over 4 million, the premiere of the sequel "Velvet Colección" suffered an epic ratings disaster, just 80,000 viewers *gulp*

The please-tell-me-that's-a-typo ratings shocked the industry because Movistar paid Antena 3 an enormous sum for the rights to "Velvet" and they invested in a very extensive and expensive marketing campaign for the sequel. The ratings have to be doubly disappointing because they had hoped to make "Velvet Colección" the anchor for their prime-time lineup.

So, my beloved "Velvet" actors - Pedro, Clara, Mateo, Doña Blanca - are all now looking for work. They've wrapped up shooting the first season, and it's clear there won't be a second one.

LoveShura

On the Ice
That is very interesting! But Paula and Miguel were the stars!! Without them I can understand many people would not watch it!! The 4th season was disappointing.But please, all you Velvet fans come over to Love and Punishment!!!

DelRetiro

On the Ice
That is very interesting! But Paula and Miguel were the stars!! Without them I can understand many people would not watch it!! The 4th season was disappointing.But please, all you Velvet fans come over to Love and Punishment!!!

Not only were Miguel Angel & Paula the stars, "Velvet" centered on one great conflict: Ana & Alberto's once-in-a-lifetime love vs. the survival of Galerías Velvet, not just a store or a business but home and family for both protagonists. Unfortunately, "Velvet Colección" lacks such an epic conflict, which makes it feel a bit empty.

Don't get me wrong, VC is actually turning out to be a pretty good show. Some guy on YouTube uploads the episodes every week, so fingers crossed, I should be able to watch this one (and only) season of "Velvet Colección."

In VC, not only do you see most of your favorite characters back, but a few new interesting ones enter the Velvet world.
Remember Manolito, Pedro's little boy? Well, he's 18 now and working for his father in the new Velvet Barcelona. Lourdes, Enrique & Barbara's baby girl, is now 16 and seems dead set on causing trouble (the apple doesn't fall far from the tree). And Raúl has a new love interest, a hot-blooded gypsy with an air of danger about him. The first couple of episodes are a bit slow (need time to transition & establish new storylines), but by the third episode, things definitely get interesting.

Since Movistar will need to do anything & everything to recover as much of their losses as possible, I wouldn't be surprised to see "Velvet Colección" on Netflix soon. I definitely recommend watching it.