2017 World Team Trophy - Day 1 | Page 28 | Golden Skate

2017 World Team Trophy - Day 1

atsumiri

Record Breaker
I will never understand the scoring. I can understand that when everyone else falters and then comes clean Evgenia that the judges would give her the highest score by far and thats right. But when the others deliver as well, it seems the judges have to put her even more in front for no reason at all.
Today almost EVERYONE got more than they should.... 2-5points more than thier SB.....

do you think Karen CHEN's 60.33 is ok? It should be 50+...
Ashley WAGNER's 70.75 ?? There were at least 2 URs..... and 35.28 PCS?
So i wouldn't grumble about today's scores at all....
And dance - the same..... btw...

Will we see 120 for Yuzu's SP? i'll like it.

Last edited:

auser

Record Breaker
i definitely shouldn't have considering the sky seems to be welcoming the sun... but here it is... LAST CALL... on the beverages...

Kevin and Patrick : make me happy before I go to bed :)

Hooray you are still with us 4everchan :yahoo:. As a seasoned harem addition spotter, I knew you would be ;). 3 hours behind you, still dark here :devil:

Last edited:

LadyB

Record Breaker
I haven't seen a single thing as I'm working. Looking forward to Jackie Wong's pbps, though! I'm fairly happy so far.

Team events always seem like a non-starter to me once Worlds is over. But then when they come along, I'm all up for it and think it is marvellous. No less for the attics of individual teams. Team Russia is on fire, very much in the swing of things. :laugh:

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I am blaming him as well... but she is a big girl now, she can say no, or change choreographer

Are you going to pay for a different choreographer for her? While the RuFed pays her skating bills I don't know how much say she gets.

EdgeCall

Record Breaker
Is there a reason for the mini zambonis instead of the big ones?:confused:

It's Japan. They make everything smaller. Soon they will develop a Zamboni you can put in your pocket. They are also very successful in miniaturizing jumps (see Satoko). ;)

Last edited:

beki

Medalist
Don't say Lori can't do edgy... :cool:

True. And Lori either clicks with a skater (Caro, D10) or she doesn't (Gracie Gold) and so far it looks promising with Gabby. I'm sure they wanted to go more conventional because of the criticism she's gotten in the past, but hopefully that's over.

nolangoh

Steps and Spirals enthusiast
Record Breaker
I am not watching live but I am reading Twitter and GS and when I saw the numbers I just pffff LOL

And gosh the new Tech box is so ugly

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
I don't think edgy is what we'll get from Lori Nichol. But I think the programs she has spurred a lot of improvement, and are better than what she had before.

agreed, this season I really feel a lot of character from her in those programs, they sure channelled her fierceness, attack, sped and big skating in a great way. Still hope that she'll get Diva programs next year:laugh: (at least one)

sarama

Medalist
Are you going to pay for a different choreographer for her? While the RuFed pays her skating bills I don't know how much say she gets.

Even Eteri's empty generic programs are better than Averbukh's, I'm sure she won't charge Zhenya for choreography:biggrin:

beki

Medalist

I know a change isn't really possible, but yes, I'd participate in crowdfunding. I'll go triple digits $$$. It's the Olympic year, whatever she gets, we'll never escape it.

Nika09

On the Ice
If that kind joky scores will beat Chopin's SP WR (no matter by whom) I might need some antidepressants.

I don't understand why this competition are taken that frivolous? I mean at least it shouldn't record officialy as SB or WR.

World Records are not joke. People skating their body off for it.

kevinVchicago

Record Breaker
what about boyang?
Boyang is my irreplaceable #1 sweetheart, it goes without saying. :) :) :)
262869efcd0faec957a27efded24c618.jpg

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
If that kind joky scores will beat Chopin's SP WR (no matter by whom) I might need some antidepressants.

I don't understand why this competition are taken that frivolous? I mean at least it shouldn't record officialy as SB or WR.

World Records are not joke. People skating their body off for it.

actually ISU says they are... only some fans take them seriously... .judged sport... with different elements at different times, and even different BV and rules...

i haven't mentioned it yet this thread so here's my one timer

WR do not mean anything in figure skating... end of story. ;)