2024 World Championships Gala Exhibition | Page 9 | Golden Skate

2024 World Championships Gala Exhibition

Rikku

Just enjoying the skating
Final Flight
I think we're definitely in the double digits with the backflips.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
I liked the gala. Some highlights for me

The synchro
YUMA ! This kid feels the music so well. I love it. His flow was matching the big musical phrases.
Shoma was in great form. Happy to see that. Kimmy was excellent. Swiss really made a mark this year at worlds. Lucas was also great.
Do they have a pairs team ? (team event).
Adam is a favourite of mine for a few seasons now. I am glad he won this award. He did make a statement with his backflip yesterday and he is getting much deserved love. He did a few cool moves too in this exh.

Keegan hasn't lost any of his speed. Fun to watch.
Patrick's smooth skating was appreciated. I didn't like his musical selection but I don't blame him. He is busy with his new life and considering he was going to be doing this stunt four years ago, I am just happy he did it anyway... I would have loved a program with more depth (musical choice) and a build up.

Ilia was doing some crazy moves. I am not sure about the posing when he was mouthing whatever the words were said in this track... I think I am too old to enjoy this but thanks again for some of the cool moves, not just the jumps but the crazy stuff...:) go watch it.. It's fun. High energy. I agree with those who say they would prefer see him skate to stuff like that rather than the depressing woodkid stuff ;)

The finale was a finale. Nothing to mention much really except for Nam getting this time double back flipped by Keegan and Elladj.

Also, Maxime You are still my fave ;)

Last edited:

maofan

Final Flight
I don’t usually go to Galas, but having purchase the all events package I kind of had too, haha.
I am happy I went; after one week of watching great skating, gala was the cherry on top! Many fun and enjoyable exhibition numbers! I loved seeing skaters showing another side of them or just being themselves!

Thank you Montreal for a wonderful time! See you next time ( I hope 🤞)

Aklaus

Rinkside
Special winner of the gala for me: Ilia Malinin. What a surprise seeing him with that performance.
It was so authentic for a teenager and he met this special charakter of Rap (which I normally do not like at all).

My other favorites:
Jason Brown (of course, he is one of the greatest entertainers ever)
Shoma Uno (showing another side of him, thanks a lot for this interpretation of "Come together")
Guinard/ Fabbri (precise in their mo ves, buut very rerfreshing and modern)
Gilles/ Poirier (Country music hmm)

To be honest I missed LaLa

cailuj365

On the Ice
The top 4 men all need to turn their exhibitions into their SP next year!!

Yuma - Sublime. His skating is just butter. I think he lacks a certain X factor, but between him and Shoma, they may be the two most expressive skaters in terms of body movement that the sport has ever had.

Shoma - I want him to just keep going in a way that Jason is. He certainly could be top 5 forever. That passion. Ugh (in a good way).

Adam - He has the X factor. His raspberry twist is bigger and better than Ilia's, lol.

Ilia - Not just the X factor but a disruptor. Whoa. That exhibition felt personal, lol. Lots of lyrics specifically matched to his signature moves. "What's my definition of success? Creating something no one else did." --> Raspberry twist. "Give the people something different" --> 360-jump blade grab into a spread eagle landing. The way he nailed all his jumps, including the 4A which was even better here than in the competition, made me a little scared actually, like this could just be the beginning.

Others I loved: Lukas (lol, what a ham), all the guest Canadian men especially Keegan, Kimmie Repond, Jason Brown.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
I liked the gala. Some highlights for me

The synchro
YUMA ! This kid feels the music so well. I love it. His flow was matching the big musical phrases.
Shoma was in great form. Happy to see that. Kimmy was excellent. Swiss really made a mark this year at worlds. Lucas was also great.
Do they have a pairs team ? (team event).
Adam is a favourite of mine for a few seasons now. I am glad he won this award. He did make a statement with his backflip yesterday and he is getting much deserved love. He did a few cool moves too in this exh.

Keegan hasn't lost any of his speed. Fun to watch.
Patrick's smooth skating was appreciated. I didn't like his musical selection but I don't blame him. He is busy with his new life and considering he was going to be doing this stunt four years ago, I am just happy he did it anyway... I would have loved a program with more depth (musical choice) and a build up.

Ilia was doing some crazy moves. I am not sure about the posing when he was mouthing whatever the words were said in this track... I think I am too old to enjoy this but thanks again for some of the cool moves, not just the jumps but the crazy stuff...:) go watch it.. It's fun. High energy. I agree with those who say they would prefer see him skate to stuff like that rather than the depressing woodkid stuff ;)

The finale was a finale. Nothing to mention much really except for Nam getting this time double back flipped by Keegan and Elladj.

Also, Maxime You are still my fave ;)
Not into the rap/skull stuff...but hey, its his gala. Wish Jason would have taken a que from Kaori and done a short Riverdance....Kaori was beautiful. Elastic heart.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
I don’t usually go to Galas, but having purchase the all events package I kind of had too, haha.
I am happy I went; after one week of watching great skating, gala was the cherry on top! Many fun and enjoyable exhibition numbers! I loved seeing skaters showing another side of them or just being themselves!

Thank you Montreal for a wonderful time! See you next time ( I hope 🤞)
I am not a gala person and have sold or given away many tickets...but this one was great to sit on the couch and watch .,
Highs were seeing the comp performances sans yak during the intermission. I now need to find Kaori's short sans yak.
Patrick Chan and Elvis!. Loved the synchro without screaming people. Are there limits to how many guys can be in a team?
Sorry couldnt see R and R....hope he is OK. Never get tired of Kaori, Hana, Chaeyeon. The amazing thing about Ilia is his spacial conceptualization. He knows there every part of his body is at any given time in relation to his program. My prediction is someone at ISU better figure out how to grade five revolution jumps.
Lows...not much skating over the summer.....:slink:

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
Malinin chose a great song that clearly spoke to him! I loved the lines about giving people what they want and being made what for 30 years. I am not a big fan of rap but this song actually had extremely emotional lyrics that had strong and personal ring. I looked the edgy side of his! So much angry young man! Great job!