Yuzuru Hanyu: 2017-2018 | Page 51 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu: 2017-2018

aynia

On the Ice
I am not sure if I like the new SEIMEI custom better ... the golden belt looks a bit too shiny for me.

I feel the same. For me the golden sash is too prominent and therefore distracting. It doesn't really fit the style either. I still like the original version best.

Yuii Murasaki

On the Ice
I did not expect a clean FS but did not expect him to bomb either. :drama:
Well, if it means this can help keep him motivated and improved his mental state in preparation to the Olympics, it's totally fine.

Keep going, Yuzu! I will see you live at the Rostelecom Cup so please be gentle to me. :laugh:

Interspectator

Record Breaker
I did not expect a clean FS but did not expect him to bomb either. :drama:
Well, if it means this can help keep him motivated and improved his mental state in preparation to the Olympics, it's totally fine.

Keep going, Yuzu! I will see you live at the Rostelecom Cup so please be gentle to me. :laugh:

Oh, you are going? I hope you have a good time. He's actually doing better than last Autumn classic's total scores. Better by about 8 points total. So, this is just about his normal first competition skating. I hope he rests well.

Yuii Murasaki

On the Ice
Oh, you are going? I hope you have a good time. He's actually doing better than last Autumn classic's total scores. Better by about 8 points total. So, this is just about his normal first competition skating. I hope he rests well.

Yes, it will be my second time seeing him live. Hope he will do well there.
I still do not 100% recover from 4CC. :laugh:

yude

Record Breaker
http://www.sanspo.com/sports/news/20170924/fgr17092414340010-n1.html

-Was it hard in terms of stamina?

I thought it was difficult to do two triple jumps at first. Because no one has done this kind of (high-level) layout. It was unexperienced territory."

-You muttered something after the performance.

"It couldn't be helped". It was the first competition (in this season). I could get big harvest called "the regret". By the score and the performance contents in SP, I think I could manage to give the image that I was strong, "I will win the Olympics". I will chase strong myself and surpass with more difficult layout."

-Compared to yesterday, was there difference in both mental and physical states?

Not specially. Of course, I know doing FS after good SP is hard. I had too unnecessary stress."

-Having high-level layout, you focused more than yesterday (SP).

It's over if I say it was difficult. It was definitely my own lack of ability. I have to train more. I had discomfort in my (right) knee and I got messed up in the lower-level layout and it ended. I've been training uncomfortably and it was my lack of adjustment. This is the season I have to keep having good competitions building up my body for the Olympics. It was good first competition.

-You had regretful experiences before. What's the level of regret today?

It is the frustrated regret. I think I should have attempted 4Lo after all. Doing 4Lz was also not impossible. In that point, I am frustrated.

-Do you prefer(enjoy) challenging?

I am a competitor. I can never perform like myself without challenging.

-You tried to overcome the performance with your will.

I popped 3Lz at first, and I thought a lot, and my concentration was gone. My lack of focus is eternal subject in my skating life. The gap between good time and bad time is intense.

Interspectator

Record Breaker

I thought it was difficult to do two triple jumps at first. Because no one has done this kind of (high-level) layout. It was unexperienced territory."

"It couldn't be helped". It was the first competition (in this season). I could get big harvest called "the regret". By the score and the performance contents in SP, I think I could manage to give the image that I was strong, "I will win the Olympics". I will chase strong myself and surpass with more difficult layout."

-Compared to yesterday, was there difference in mental and physical state?

Not specially. Of course, I know doing FS after good SP is hard. I had too unnecessary stress."

It's over if I say it was difficult. It was definitely my own lack of ability. I have to train more. I had discomfort in my (right) knee and I got messed up in the lower-level layout and it ended. I've been training uncomfortably and it was my lack of adjustment. This is the season I have to keep having good competitions building up my body for the Olympics. It was good first competition.

It is the frustrated regret. I think I should have attempted 4Lo after all. Doing 4Lz was also not impossible. In that point, I am frustrated.

I popped 3Lz at first, and I thought a lot, and my concentration was gone. My lack of focus is eternal subject in my skating life. The gap between good time and bad time is intense.

Thanks so much.

Interspectator

Record Breaker
Reading this though, I'm afraid he'll fling himself headfirst into the quad lutz...--I would really like him to hold off on that till GPF at least? For less strain on his body. Please be careful Yuzu.

giulia95

Medalist

-Compared to yesterday, was there difference in both mental and physical states?

thank you so much for translation... a merciless lucidity of self analysis, so impressive.

Henni147

Final Flight
My first impression of his free skate:
4S+3T - last season's demon - has become extraordinarily strong and a jumping pass he can rely on :agree:

The rest... Yeah well, I think that popped Lz at the beginning made his brain smoke and work like a four core processor, updating his layout after every jump - that cost him the focus of execution.

I don't know, why they had to compete so late in the evening - I nearly fell asleep during the resurfacing.
Do they practice late at night at TCC? Everyone looked so woozy and tired.

Well, Yuzuru has every chance to strike back in Russia. I don't worry about that.

yude

Record Breaker
My thought about his FS is simple, he didn't have enough time to practice and get used to this easier layout because of the knee issue. I really thank him for showing us wonderful SP in the current situation. If his knee is recovered and he can train as he always does, I believe he is fine in GP series. Otukaresama, Yuzuru!!

By the way, reading his interview, I thought he didn't like watering down the layout, really :laugh: Remember he even apologized for doing easier layout at NHK after bad injuries from CoC 2014...

xeyra

Constant state
Record Breaker
Eh, par for the course first skate, with the added issue of lack of practice due to the knee soreness. I did get my hopes up a little after the perfect SP but eh, he needed a Canadian silver to motivate him towards his next competition and he isn't doing SC this year so.

On a more shallow note, while I adore the new outfit's embroidery even more than the first version (it's simpler but lovely), I wish he'd chosen highlight colors other than purple and green again. I had my heart set on red, darn it.

Sam L

Medalist
I'm so glad he's gone back to Seimei, that has to be one of my favourite Free Skate programs ever.

Interspectator

Record Breaker
Eh, par for the course first skate, with the added issue of lack of practice due to the knee soreness. I did get my hopes up a little after the perfect SP but eh, he needed a Canadian silver to motivate him towards his next competition and he isn't doing SC this year so.

On a more shallow note, while I adore the new outfit's embroidery even more than the first version (it's simpler but lovely), I wish he'd chosen highlight colors other than purple and green again. I had my heart set on red, darn it.

I also like the embroidered pattern more this time. The other was too busy for me. I think he might tone down the gold on the belt though.

giulia95

Medalist
One world record in September is already a big burden going into the season,but two would have been almost unbearable :console: :laugh:

Marin

"Efforts tell lies, but it will not be in vain."
Record Breaker
I hope his knee is all right and he will be healthy by GPs.

Honestly speaking if he skated great LP too I'd be seriously panicked . :laugh: It seems he was lacking power and stamina for LP and wasn't used of this layout due to being off ice for couple of days. Once he popped the lz his focus was absolutely gone. Its still better result that last years ACI and SC too point wise. I have a feeling if he skated his real layout he might have skated way better but it'd put burden on his body and make things worse. I believe it was a good experience for him, hope he will take care of his body and comes back better and better each time. (Also silver in Canada is a must ,once no SC this year its ACI now :laugh:)

DiamondDust

Final Flight
Aww... he fell to second place. But I am not disappointed (just with the costume). I'd honestly be more worried if he hits those WR as soon as this. SEIMEI is still a marvel and I'm looking forward to the new costume and performance.

Congratulations for winning silver!:agree:

yude

Record Breaker
I hope his knee is all right and he will be healthy by GPs.

Honestly speaking if he skated great LP too I'd be seriously panicked . :laugh: It seems he was lacking power and stamina for LP and wasn't used of this layout due to being off ice for couple of days. Once he popped the lz his focus was absolutely gone. Its still better result that last years ACI and SC too point wise. I have a feeling if he skated his real layout he might have skated way better but it'd put burden on his body and make things worse. I believe it was a good experience for him, hope he will take care of his body and comes back better and better each time. (Also silver in Canada is a must ,once no SC this year its ACI now :laugh:)

I agree. It's strange to say this but I'm feeling he can skate better with original 5 quads program than 3 quads program of this competition. Just to be healthy is very important ;)