2018 Olympic Season: Ladies Figure Skating | Page 16 | Golden Skate

2018 Olympic Season: Ladies Figure Skating

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
I don't see a podium sweep happening unless everyone but the 3 Russians completely bomb, unless this were the Sochi Olympics. I'm also not sure how clean Sotsova will skate. She wasn't clean at Russian Nationals or Europeans, which basically follows the same pattern as last year. It's kind of understandable, making the Russian team is so hard, that you really need to peak in the GP and Russian Nats just to make the team, it's hard to continue to keep that stamina and level throughout a whole season unless you are Evgenia.

If Maria continues the same pattern there will be no chance of a Russian sweep. She has started making errors and she is far more boring and blah than Alina and Evgenia. Bland enough to give Mirai and Bradie a chance to beat her.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
She has never been to an Olympics though. The only one out of the top gold medal potentials who has been to an Olympics is Kostner and we know she handled her nerves last time.

It depends if you consider Osmond a threat.

Suzzzy

Rinkside
Zhenia deserves the OGM like nobody else. Like Yuzuru.
I wish Alina silver medal.
The bronze to Mirai as her 3A pushes FS forward.

Country
Russia
But Yuzuru's gold was not guaranteed. He was not in his best state and other pretenders had chance.
Javier - if not doubled quad in FS his score would be very close to Yuzuru.
Nathan - if clean SP he would be ahead Yuzuru.
Shoma - if skating absolutely clean he had chance.

Better not to give medals before competitions.

And let us wish for all the Ladies - clean skating, adequate judging and let the strongest win!

Suzzzy

Rinkside
But Yuzuru's gold was not guaranteed. He was not in his best state and other pretenders had chance.
Javier - if not doubled quad in FS his score would be very close to Yuzuru.
Nathan - if clean SP he would be ahead Yuzuru.
Shoma - if skating absolutely clean he had chance.

Better not to give medals before competitions.

And let us wish for all the Ladies - clean skating, adequate judging and let the strongest win!

Of course, gold is never guaranteed. I remember Kwan)
Zhenia needs clean skating and she will have WR and gold. If Alina falls in SP, the Chen’s or Mao’s scenario will happen. Hope she will do her best and be second))
Hanya and Chen had real chances for gold. Shoma - a small chance, but battle for silver
Havi - see comment to Shoma.

Country
Russia
There are 11 Ladies stronger than others. In alphabetic order of nations:
Two Canadians
One Italian
Two Japanese
Three Russians
Three US.

So very interesting:
Will be all 11 in two last warm-ups of FS and if so who will be 12th
Will be all 11 at Top 11 of final results
Who will be at last warm-up of FS
And of course who will be medalists.

Country
Russia
Of course, gold is never guaranteed. I remember Kwan)
Zhenia needs clean skating and she will have WR and gold. If Alina falls in SP, the Chen’s or Mao’s scenario will happen. Hope she will do her best and be second))
I love Zhenya and Alina equally.
Zhenya is better for PCS, Alina for TES.
Zhenya is comparable with best skaters of past (as of me she is comparable with Yuna at Oly 2010 and Tara at Oly 1998).
Alina no doubt at Euro had technically the best skating in FS ever in history and I doubt that anybody may overcome it in future without quad or 3A. But only technically.

So I wish both clean and the strongest win.
Hanya and Chen had real chances for gold. Shoma - a small chance, but battle for silver
Havi - see comment to Shoma.
Yes, Javier and Shoma had small chance, but chance. Others had no chance.

Suzzzy

Rinkside
I love Zhenya and Alina equally.
Zhenya is better for PCS, Alina for TES.
Zhenya is comparable with best skaters of past (as of me she is comparable with Yuna at Oly 2010 and Tara at Oly 1998).
Alina no doubt at Euro had technically the best skating in FS ever in history and I doubt that anybody may overcome it in future without quad or 3A. But only technically.

So I wish both clean and the strongest win.

Yes, Javier and Shoma had small chance, but chance. Others had no chance.

Trusova with quad has a chance to technically compete with Alina.
Hope Zhenia will win, she was best for 2.5 years. FS is not only jumps.

Chen also had a chance but failed in SP((

colormyworld240

Medalist
I wish Alina silver medal.
The bronze to Mirai as her 3A pushes FS forward.

Why do you think Evgenia deserves it? The best skater in those two days will deserve it, like any other competition. No one skater deserves to win over another. Skaters can't control how old they are and therefore cannot control how many seasons they have before the olympics. I mean, even if someone inconsistent like Karen Chen skates clean that day and better than everyone, then she will deserve it. But if everyone goes clean, it's obvious Alina is the better skater and the GOE and TES difference between her and everyone else should be HUGE, like when she skated the way she did at Euros. Everyone has their favourites and who they root for, but it doesn't mean someone's favourite deserves it more than all others. Yuzuru didn't deserve to win olympic gold more than anyone, he EARNED it based on how he skated those two days, because he skated better than everyone overall. It wasn't about how great he was in the past.

Totentanz

Ursula Gumennik
Medalist
Maria will skate last in the SP, it's perfect for her. Judges will have no need to be conservative on her score. I hope she finds herself in a good position to grab the bronze medal in FS.

MsLiinaLii

Final Flight
So Zagitova's practice session was stopped because they wanted to do her doping testing ASAP. Poor girl was unable to give urine before practice and they insisted that she must do it now resulting in her missing half of the practice session.
This is ridiculous. They do that only with Russian athletes.

madison

Record Breaker
So Zagitova's practice session was stopped because they wanted to do her doping testing ASAP. Poor girl was unable to give urine before practice and they insisted that she must do it now resulting in her missing half of the practice session.

I think something similar happened to K. Weaver as well.

gioccia

On the Ice

Shame on them! She barely stepped on the ice... so the training was cancelled. Is it legitimate? Do they really HAVE to do it or having gold and silver would be to much for Russia? I wonder if a 15-year old with the hardest TES content is capable of coping with such pressure...

[email protected]

Medalist
Record Breaker
They will always tell you: We are just doing our job. And they will even make the face that they mean it. As for K. Weaver, seems that she spent too much time in Moscow and received a signal as well.