2018 Olympic Season: Ladies Figure Skating | Page 7 | Golden Skate

2018 Olympic Season: Ladies Figure Skating

lavoix

Match Penalty
Is Dalemen going back to her old LP? Why? I like her style this season. Didn't like her LP last season...

Manuel Pablo Arnao

Figure Skating Fan & Real Estate Agent in LA!
On the Ice
Zagitova just has to skate SP the way she skated at GPF with a good rippon 3F that will give her 7 rather than 5 points. With some extra markup (Olympic games and she is Russian national champion) she will have 79 for SP (43+36). She then needs to skate FP like she did at the Nationals this or the last year. Then she will have 152 (80+72) with the total of 231. Caro might get 38+76 = 114 in pcs. To beat Zagitova she will need more than 231-114=117 points in TES. She had 102 at GPF and 106 at the Nationals. Something like a miracle should happen for her to get 15 extra technical points. Of course, there is always a scenario when skaters make mistakes. My point is that Alina's task to finally do a clean short and repeat one of her best DQ routines seems much easier than for Caro to drastically improve the tech score.

FYI- Carolina skated her short program in Italy for a holiday event and the second jump was a double lutz which could indicate that she is considering changing the triple loop to a triple lutz which would make her short harder than Medvedeva.

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
I swear, if Kostner gets the OGM over Medvedeva, I will NOT be happy...........

pearly

Record Breaker
Is Dalemen going back to her old LP? Why? I like her style this season. Didn't like her LP last season...

We should know after Canadian Nationals. I only heard that information from one source, although not completely unreliable. But they did not list their source.

ETA: a couple of her recent posts on Instagram are pics of her in her Rhapsody in Blue dress. Not sure if that is an indication or not.

I swear, if Kostner gets the OGM over Medvedeva, I will NOT be happy...........

I'd be happy for Carolina (and sad for Med), but I don't see it happening.

koatcue

Medalist
Country
Russia
Gold favourites - Zhenia and Alina
Silver contenders - Kaetlyn, Maria Sotskova, Caro
Bronze shots - Satoko

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
But if Kostner gets the gold medal, it's high unlikely that she really will have skated best that night. There's people who can actually complete a clean FS and if all of those falter, I'd be... interested in seeing what's on that ice that messed with all of them.

[email protected]

Medalist
Record Breaker
FYI- Carolina skated her short program in Italy for a holiday event and the second jump was a double lutz which could indicate that she is considering changing the triple loop to a triple lutz which would make her short harder than Medvedeva.

First, her rate of success with 3F-3T is about 50%. Second, 2Lz is not the same as 3Lz. Third, even then her BV will be lower than Medvedeva's because she does not backload.

But the point is that so far she is 15-17 points short of clean Zagitova based on what she delivered at GPF and Nationals. Will she be able to cover the gap changing 3Lo by 3Lz and doing a 7 triple program? I think so. Can she do it? That's the question. Some people kept saying that in theory Gracie was the best skater in the world 2 seasons ago. And even after the actual SP in Boston she was close to become the one. She could not deliver and that was expected because she had not been able before. Caro keeps missing the jumps. Can she produce the skate of her life when it matters the most to win OGM? In theory yes. But then, let's wait and see.

3dsushi

On the Ice
This is getting exciting :biggrin:
Gold = Medvedeva
Silver = Osmond
Bronze = Zagitova or Sotskova

lavender

Record Breaker
We should know after Canadian Nationals. I only heard that information from one source, although not completely unreliable. But they did not list their source.

ETA: a couple of her recent posts on Instagram are pics of her in her Rhapsody in Blue dress. Not sure if that is an indication or not.

I'd be happy for Carolina (and sad for Med), but I don't see it happening
This..

I'm glad to not really have any favs but I hope Med doesn't get passed over by Zag after these 2-3 years of being dominate on the senior circuit.

Baron Vladimir

Record Breaker
But if Kostner gets the gold medal, it's high unlikely that she really will have skated best that night. There's people who can actually complete a clean FS and if all of those falter, I'd be... interested in seeing what's on that ice that messed with all of them.

Did you watch Caro at Sochi? She was right there... The thing is not just Caro, but also Kaetlyn and Zagi can win. But if Zhenya performs her best thats highly unlikely, so she just must be at her best that night :biggrin:
E: If they all skate the best i've seen them, i think it will be:
1. Zhenya
2. Caro
3. Kaetlyn
4. Zagi
5. Satoko

SkaterX

On the Ice
Does anyone know when we will find out for sure whether Evgenia and other Russian skaters will be at the olympics?

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
What does everyone think of Bradie Tennell's chances? I think she'll be in the top 10 for sure. She doesn't have much artistic flair yet, but she skates clean. All the time.

eggnogkitty

Match Penalty
What does everyone think of Bradie Tennell's chances? I think she'll be in the top 10 for sure. She doesn't have much artistic flair yet, but she skates clean. All the time.

I think she will probably wind up somewhere from 5th to 7th. Maybe higher than some expect. There will be a lot of mistakes, there always is an Olympic ladies competition. And she, with virtually no pressure even as U.S Champion, probably wont be one of them. I expect her to outplace atleast a couple women who are supposably better than her.

sk811

Spectator
Okay so I’m confused now. Will the Russians compete? I mean because of the IOC. Or they will be able to compete but not under a Russian flag? Can please someone answer I’m confused

sakurano

Final Flight
it's not surprise for these Olympics gold medal cheek Evgenia Medvedeba and Alina Zagitova, the bronze will be more interesting because there is a real battle between Maria Sotskova, Carolina Kosner, and do not forget Satoko and Kaethlyn .
Finally I will watch these Olympics hoping that the judges are fair and that the best wins there are very good programs among the possible medaillable.

In addition we will see a magnificent 3A of Mirai and revelations like Bradie Tennel and the redemption of Gabriel Deleman who did not make a good series of great prices and Da bin Choi.