Hanyu injured at practice for NHK | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Hanyu injured at practice for NHK

MRani

On the Ice
Brian needs to recover faster because his students are falling to pieces without him :drama:

What bad luck for Patrick, Javi, and Yuzu so far this season. Who could have predicted a couple of months ago that all 3 of these guys would be out of the GPF? šŸ˜®

Sad that Yuzu has to withdraw from NHK but very relieved that his team is putting his health first. I really hope he can recover fully and compete strongly later this season. I also hope Yuzu can mentally recover from this disappointment quickly; hearing that he was shocked and crying makes me sad too.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Well, I'm glad that he made the smart choice, unlike CoC14. Always good to see a skater learn from an experience.

Hope he takes his time to heal and comes back all guns blazing for the Olympics.

Seren

Wakabond Forever
Record Breaker
I am so sad to hear this but the important thing is he made the right decision for himself. His goal is the Olympics and I think his focus is there. Hopefully this will all be looked back on as a trial he overcame on his path to a second Olympic gold!

MRani

On the Ice
Iā€™m calling it now guys. Yuzuru, Javi, and Patrick return with a vengeance at the Olympics and claim all 3 podium spots in defiance of their early season trials. šŸ˜Ž
Just a little optimism to help us cope with this sad news.

Tastetherainbow

Medalist
Iā€™m calling it now guys. Yuzuru, Javi, and Patrick return with a vengeance at the Olympics and claim all 3 podium spots in defiance of their early season trials. šŸ˜Ž
Just a little optimism to help us cope with this sad news.

I would LOVE it if that happens, but Shoma probably wouldn't like it...

MRani

On the Ice
I would LOVE it if that happens, but Shoma probably wouldn't like it...

I donā€™t think Nathan or Boyang would like it either lol. But if the stars aligned to take them all down right now, I donā€™t see why they canā€™t realign to put them back on top again. The competition is certainly fierce but I donā€™t think itā€™s outside the realm of possibility. Maybe this adversity will motivate them in a crucial way.

Anni234

Ina Bauer
Record Breaker
Country
Estonia
I only just now woke up and saw on the starting order that he has WD. Of course it is the right decision if his health needs it, but I am so sorry for him. 4 GPF titles in a row and now he is forced to miss it. Hopefully he will be even stronger for the Olympics and maybe even Worlds.

nimi

Medalist
Of course it is the right decision if his health needs it, but I am so sorry for him. 4 GPF titles in a row and now he is forced to miss it. Hopefully he will be even stronger for the Olympics and maybe even Worlds.
MTE. Missing his home GP as well as the GPF must be a huge disappointment & heartbreak for him (and for fans), but obviously it's the only right decision to be made in this situation. :(

Shayuki

Record Breaker
Well, I'm glad that he made the smart choice, unlike CoC14. Always good to see a skater learn from an experience.

Agreed. While it ended up getting plenty of praise and appeared courageous, I really was quite firmly against the decision to compete back then. It could have ended up becoming much worse. It's good that they show some growth here. It hurts right now but I'm sure this is the right decision in the long run, even though he might have been able to qualify for GPF even with a simplified program and heavy painkillers / support. It's just not important enough.

stella luna

Final Flight
I only just now woke up and saw on the starting order that he has WD. Of course it is the right decision if his health needs it, but I am so sorry for him. 4 GPF titles in a row and now he is forced to miss it. Hopefully he will be even stronger for the Olympics and maybe even Worlds.

So sorry for him. Will miss seeing him skate.

alia jackson

Record Breaker
Hanyu's official statement translated by Iron_Klaus
"(I am sorry) I have made you all worry on my behalf. The doctors did everything they could since last night so that I could compete at NHK Trophy, but they have decided that I cannot compete. I am going to concentrate on healing now and do my best to prepare for Japan Nationals. Thank you for all your support." - Yuzuru Hanyu

His foot was worse in the morning so he went to the hospital this morning instead of going to practice - source

Announcement of withdrawal at NHK telecast with Oda & Shizuka.
The injury is on the right foot's outer ligament - source

Bless Briand Ghislain, it must be a stress time for him too.

alia jackson

Record Breaker
Well wishes & tweets from skaters & skating community

"Sad news today Yuzu has withdrawn from NHK. Wishing him speedy recovery and hoping it is not very serious injury" - Michal Brezinaā€

"Get well soon, Yuzu-kun" - Kaitlyn & Andrew

"I am so sad to hear about Yuzuru having to pull out of the competition tonight. Thinking of him and hope he has a speedy recovery." - Adam Ripponā€

ā€œIt must have been really tough and frustrating, but I think it was wise decision. You will get better soon!!! Iā€™m praying that youā€™ll be healed soon!!!ā€ - Oda, translation by Sweetwater at Planet Hanyu.

" An injured lion still wants to roar. Get well soon Yuzu" - Florent Amodioā€

"Yuzuru ... šŸ˜ž" - Maxim Kovtunā€

"Sending lots of good thoughts to Yuzuru Hanyu as he recovers from the injury here at NHK Trophy. And very much hoping that he will recover quickly enough so that he will be able to defend his Olympic title." - Jackie Wong

"According to Japan Skating Federation, #YuzuruHanyu suffered an injury on lateral ligaments of right ankle joint. He has withdrawn from the #NHKTrophy2017. No further details at this time. #NHK17. We wish him a quick recovery." - Max Ambessi

"Yuzu get well soon" - Jason support sign for Yuzu in the NHK K&C

"So sorry to wake up to find that #YuzuruHanyu has had to withdraw from #NHK2017 due to injury -feel better soon Yuzu!" - PJ Kwong

"Feel better soon, Yuzu. Sending good vibes for a speedy recovery!" - ShibSibs

"Just heard about Yuzu. Hate to hear about fellow competitors getting injured. Hoping you have a quick recovery!!" - Nathan Chen

"Rest well and heal quickly Yuzu!" - Zach Donohue

"Health first for now. Im not worry about him, cause these days difficulties will only make him stronger. It will showed up, later. #PoohBuddy" - Misha Ge

"Wishing Yuzuru Hanyu a speedy recovery from that terrible fall yesterday, I don't know how he was able to get up, so brave. It is always a privilege to watch this talented man perform, come back very soon, and fully healed." - Carol Lane

"We hope he will be healthy enough to compete. He gives so much spirit to a competition" - Rafael Arutyunyan comments in NYT

"We wish a speedy and full recovery to #YuzuruHanyu ! #getwellsoon" - Edea Skates

sorry to hear about injury.

hope he heals well and soon is able to compete @ his nationals & olympics.

i wondered about that when heard injured in practice.

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
Get well soon Yuzu... heal soon!! What horrible news to wake up to.

Dear Hospital, please take care of that golden right ankle ASAP. It must be devastating news for Hanyu and his fans.

How long do lateral ligaments issue usually last?