Yuzuru Hanyu withdraws from worlds | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu withdraws from worlds

surimi

Congrats to Sota, #10 in World Standings!
Record Breaker
Aww, sad to hear that, but understandable. Wishing Yuzuru a speedy recovery then! 💐
I would have had Kazuki at WC and Miura at JWC though. I don't understand JSF's reasoning. I know they're super keen on promoting their youngest skaters, but I think Kazuki's scoring potential is higher.

DizzyFrenchie

Record Breaker
I would send Kazuki, solely because Kao is recovering from a pulled muscle and still needs to go to JWorlds (if they happen)

Hopefully Yuzu and his haunted ankles get better soon!
Much as I would like to watch Kazuki Tomono again, I'm afraid Junior World Championships are more and more unlikely to happen.
This is even sadder for Shun Sato, for whom Junior Worlds were to be the only important championship of this season.
At least, Kazuki has now a Four Continents Silver Medal.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Though I wanted to see him skate, I'm really happy he is giving himself time to heal. All the luck to Kao Miura in this worlds!
Is Hanyu retiring? He has had a good long career. I know he wants the 4A but it was a huge stretch to say he was close at the olympics.

surimi

Congrats to Sota, #10 in World Standings!
Record Breaker
Two other in his very last white wall message!:rofl::love:

haha, he has an indomitable spirit alright ^ ^ I don't think he'll be in a competitive shape against younger and much healthier Japanese skaters in 8 years, but who knows, never say never. I'd love to see him as an Olympic ambassador and global show star, though. ☺️