Hanyu injured at practice for NHK | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Hanyu injured at practice for NHK

bevybean

On the Ice
Get well soon Yuzu... heal soon!! What horrible news to wake up to.

Dear Hospital, please take care of that golden right ankle ASAP. It must be devastating news for Hanyu and his fans.

How long do lateral ligaments issue usually last?
Soft tissue injuries can take awhile to heal and it all depends on exactly how bad it is - did he tear the ligament at all or not?

It was so sweet of him apologize for making his fans worry! He should be focused on himself.

andromache

Record Breaker
No Javi and no Yuzu and no Patrick at GPF....this really opens the door for an American (or two) other than Nathan to go, and the battle for gold that will happen between the youngsters will be intense.

Seren

Wakabond Forever
Record Breaker
Soft tissue injuries can take awhile to heal and it all depends on exactly how bad it is - did he tear the ligament at all or not?

It was so sweet of him apologize for making his fans worry! He should be focused on himself.

True, and in the long run the rest of the GP doesn't mean all that much. He can use Japanese Nationals and 4CC to build momentum. In the long run resting and allowing his ankle (and knee) to heal will serve him better. Remember too that he has access to some of the best medical and rehabilitation care in the World. The Olympics are close but there are still many weeks to go. Being deliberate about what he does and doesn't do is smart.

da96103

Record Breaker
Well wishes & tweets from skaters & skating community

"Sad news today Yuzu has withdrawn from NHK. Wishing him speedy recovery and hoping it is not very serious injury" - Michal Brezina

"Get well soon, Yuzu-kun" - Kaitlyn & Andrew

"I am so sad to hear about Yuzuru having to pull out of the competition tonight. Thinking of him and hope he has a speedy recovery." - Adam Rippon‏

“It must have been really tough and frustrating, but I think it was wise decision. You will get better soon!!! I’m praying that you’ll be healed soon!!!” - Oda, translation by Sweetwater at Planet Hanyu.

" An injured lion still wants to roar. Get well soon Yuzu" - Florent Amodio‏

"Yuzuru ... 😞" - Maxim Kovtun‏

"Sending lots of good thoughts to Yuzuru Hanyu as he recovers from the injury here at NHK Trophy. And very much hoping that he will recover quickly enough so that he will be able to defend his Olympic title." - Jackie Wong

"According to Japan Skating Federation, #YuzuruHanyu suffered an injury on lateral ligaments of right ankle joint. He has withdrawn from the #NHKTrophy2017. No further details at this time. #NHK17. We wish him a quick recovery." - Max Ambessi

"Yuzu get well soon" - Jason support sign for Yuzu in the NHK K&C

"So sorry to wake up to find that #YuzuruHanyu has had to withdraw from #NHK2017 due to injury -feel better soon Yuzu!" - PJ Kwong

French people. So colorful with their descriptions. My favorite.

da96103

Record Breaker
Get well soon Yuzu... heal soon!! What horrible news to wake up to.

Dear Hospital, please take care of that golden right ankle ASAP. It must be devastating news for Hanyu and his fans.

How long do lateral ligaments issue usually last?

6 weeks, give or take.

da96103

Record Breaker
I only just now woke up and saw on the starting order that he has WD. Of course it is the right decision if his health needs it, but I am so sorry for him. 4 GPF titles in a row and now he is forced to miss it. Hopefully he will be even stronger for the Olympics and maybe even Worlds.

Well, this 'confirms' that he WILL NOT retire after the Olympics. He needs to win back that GPF title next season.

HanDomi

Record Breaker
good thing that he is very flexible, otherwise it could have ended in tears with his knee

hopefully this will make him think for a minute to take out quad lutz from program, he is much better than this one jump

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
So sorry to hear of his injury, at least he has a diagnosis and I'm sure works with the best team to get him on the road to recovery. Get well, Yuzu!

drivingmissdaisy

Record Breaker
Seeing Evgenia in her cast today reminded me that Yuzuru also hurt himself last month. Is there any update on his condition? Has he resumed his full training regimen?

SkaterX

On the Ice
For a split second when I saw this thread near the top of the list I thought he had injured himself again :eekn:

Danibellerika

Medalist
Seeing Evgenia in her cast today reminded me that Yuzuru also hurt himself last month. Is there any update on his condition? Has he resumed his full training regimen?

We don't know much more except that he's back in Toronto. His ability to go into radio silence is as first rate as his skating. Just praying for his full recovery :pray::pray::pray:

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
I think you should be panicking more about poor Evgenia folks - she is in a cast still!!!! At least Hanyu can skate!

Blades of Passion

Skating is Art, if you let it be
Record Breaker
Country
France
I wonder if Hanyu will continue to try the Quad Lutz since it caused the injury. He most likely doesn't need it to win anyway. Clean SP + LP from him is enough to top anyone else.

singerskates

On the Ice
Does anyone know how Uzuri Hanyu is doing? How is his healing going? Is he back on the ice yet? Hope he heals fully and in time for the Olympics.