Figure skaters Look-alikes | Page 8 | Golden Skate

Figure skaters Look-alikes

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Old Hollywood Actresses

Nancy Kerrigan - Katherine Hepburn
Maria Butyrskaya - Eva Marie Saint
Gracie Gold- Dale Evans

Since we are now looking at the Golden Age of Hollywood, what about:

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/8b/df/49/8bdf49431a5ff36220ea866d1aec41d2.jpg
https://i.pinimg.com/236x/fd/43/fc/...975a--monaco-royal-family-caroline-monaco.jpg

Monégasque skater Alexandra de Hanovre and American actress Grace Kelly

I admit that I hadn't seen any pictures of Grace from when she was a youngster until I went looking there now. But, seeing these photos, you can't argue – Alexandra is just the picture of her grandmother!

CaroLiza_fan

Flowerboy

Spectator
Does anyone else see some resemblance between Nathan Chen and Mythbusters' Grant Imahara? (three guesses what is on repeating repeats on TV atm) - or is it just me?

My sister’s boyfriend was saying that all the time during the Olympics

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
I don't really believe in time travel... but dang if I didn't consider the possibility for a split second when I found this one picture of my great aunt in an old album. If I colorised it and said it was Aliona Savchenko, I'm pretty sure everyone would believe me.

No need to colourise it – black and white photos and sepia photos seem to be in fashion again. So, you could easily pass it off as a recent photo.

This is the second time I've heard you mention this photo, so is there any chance that you could scan it and upload it somewhere for us to see? Because I for one am intrigued!

And in reply to what you said in the other comment, it is undoubtedly due to the shared history that some ethnic Ukrainian women and some ethnic Russian women look alike.

CaroLiza_fan

iskate

On the Ice
I was watching a trailer for "First Daughter" the other day and couldn't believe how much young Katie Holmes looked like Zhenya!! Or maybe it's just me?

Compare this to this and this to this.

hanyuufan5

✨**:。*
Medalist
No need to colourise it – black and white photos and sepia photos seem to be in fashion again. So, you could easily pass it off as a recent photo.

This is the second time I've heard you mention this photo, so is there any chance that you could scan it and upload it somewhere for us to see? Because I for one am intrigued!

Here it is!

Oh no, I didn't think that comment would ever leave the off-topic forum, so I didn't bother to specify that I meant ethnic Russians/Ukrainians. It was never supposed to see the light of the main forums, lol. Anyway, I've edited it, so would you mind please editing yours? I'm so embarrassed... :eek::

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland

:jaw: :jaw: :jaw:

I think we've just found the winner of this contest. That is unbelievably uncanny!

Are you sure Aliona isn't related to you?!

(By the way, the other part my comment was just a passing remark - it wasn't intended as a criticism. In hindsight, I should have included a winking emoticon at the end, but just didn't think at the time. So, I'm the one that is :eek:: )

CaroLiza_fan

hanyuufan5

✨**:。*
Medalist
:jaw: :jaw: :jaw:

I think we've just found the winner of this contest. That is unbelievably uncanny!

Are you sure Aliona isn't related to you?!

(By the way, the other part my comment was just a passing remark - it wasn't intended as a criticism. In hindsight, I should have included a winking emoticon at the end, but just didn't think at the time. So, I'm the one that is :eek:: )

CaroLiza_fan

I admit that I really did consider the possibility of time travel for that one split second... Also, a big part of why I was hesitant to post it was that I didn't want someone to accuse me of photoshopping a picture of Aliona and trying to pass it off as a relative. :laugh:

I think I'm related to half of Eastern Europe, (and that side of my family is full of short, very skinny, very flexible people,) so it's quite possible that we're distant cousins. :laugh:

Oh, okay! Sorry for the misunderstanding.

ClaraBlur

Spectator
I thought the same after seeing Zhenya's 'Windmills of Your Mind' program! Can you imagine if she skated to the Dawson Creek theme song (ok let's hope that never happens LOL)

ClaraBlur

Spectator
I was watching a trailer for "First Daughter" the other day and couldn't believe how much young Katie Holmes looked like Zhenya!! Or maybe it's just me?

Compare this to this and this to this.

I thought the same after seeing Zhenya's 'Windmills of Your Mind' program! Can you imagine if she skated to the Dawson Creek theme song (ok let's hope that never happens LOL)

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland

"I don't wanna wait for our lives to be over... I want to know right know will it be?

Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah"

Sorry, I couldn't resist. :devil:

Actually, when iskate mentioned a young Katie, I was expecting the pictures linked to to be from Dawson's Creek.

You know, thinking about it, a fun challenge would be to go through the main cast of a programme and try to find skaters for all of them. But, apart from the inspired suggestion already given of Medvedeva for Katie Holmes, I'm struggling to get anybody for Dawson's Creek.

Oh, well! It seemed like a good idea in theory.

But, don't worry, failure has not made me upset. It's not like I got the blues from not finding anybody else... ;)

CaroLiza_fan

ClaraBlur

Spectator
"I don't wanna wait for our lives to be over... I want to know right know will it be?

Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah"

Sorry, I couldn't resist. :devil:

Actually, when iskate mentioned a young Katie, I was expecting the pictures linked to to be from Dawson's Creek.

You know, thinking about it, a fun challenge would be to go through the main cast of a programme and try to find skaters for all of them. But, apart from the inspired suggestion already given of Medvedeva for Katie Holmes, I'm struggling to get anybody for Dawson's Creek.

Oh, well! It seemed like a good idea in theory.

But, don't worry, failure has not made me upset. It's not like I got the blues from not finding anybody else... ;)

CaroLiza_fan

hahaha that 'I got the Blues' bar scene is probably my fave part from the entire series - it's the only moment when Dawson ISN'T annoying me LOL

But back on topic - the only other lookalike I can think of for the show would me Larkyn Austman for the role of Andie McPhee ...and maybe Adam Rippon as Jack (but only because they're both good-looking, not really any resemblance).

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia

Oh wow you're right, that's absolutely uncanny!! I bet you could send it to Aljona herself and even she wouldn't be sure if that was her or not.

It's so weird how alike some unrelated people look...or maybe they are related. ;)

Speaking of which, there was a lady at my church last week who was a deadringer for Evgenia Tarasova, I did a double take!

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
Two figure skaters who look like each other: Ksenia Sinitsyna and Hanna Harrell

AshWagsFan

Edges for days.
Final Flight
Country
United-States
Ashley Wagner and Rachel McAdams

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/8/8e/Rachel_McAdams_3.jpg/220px-Rachel_McAdams_3.jpg

https://www.mercurynews.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/01/bng-l-skate-0106-58.jpg?w=620

Upnights

On the Ice
Alain Delon is a French actor who was gorgeous in the 1960s. If you’re interested, check out “Purple Noon” or “Rocco & His Brothers”. I’d sure love to see Brian skating in a show.