Tarasova and Morozov: "The judging was fair" | Golden Skate

Tarasova and Morozov: "The judging was fair"

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Evgenia Tarasova and Vladimir Morozov (OAR) stood in second after the short, but finished fourth in the long (143.25) and overall (224.93). The team from Moscow also executed a quad twist and showed a strong triple loop, along with strong lifts and spins, however, they doubled their side-by-side triple Salchows and Tarasova went down on the throw triple Salchow.

"We are obviously upset," said Morozov. "We had a chance, a good chance, but we did what we did. It was not enough what we did. We have worked a lot and hard, but we were not able to skate better. The jump and the throw did not work out at the beginning, nerves probably showed. We pulled ourselves together and did the remaining elements well, but we did not get high enough scores as the others had skated clean more or less. We fought until the very end. We did not pay attention to the scores of the others, we focused on our performance. The judging was fair, you got the scores you deserved for your performance."

More...

Last edited:

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
What nice sportsmanship from Evgenia and Vladimir. :agree:

I'm sure their time will come. They are talented and have wonderful qualities.

Maybe their time will be in Milan.

The judging of the top four was without controversy. Good for T&V's maturity and sportsmanship..

Last edited:

millie

Medalist
What a great attitude to have. The main thing is that they did their best at that moment....Good luck to them in the future...

anyanka

Record Breaker
Good attitude, and great perspective. This will be a bitter pill and a learning experience.

I hope they aren't too hard on themselves though, they have a team silver medal! That's something to be proud of!

Lester

Piper and Paul are made of magic dust and unicorns
Final Flight
What nice sportsmanship from Evgenia and Vladimir. :agree:

I'm sure their time will come. They are talented and have wonderful qualities.

Maybe their time will be in Milan.

I have thought since they burst onto the scene that with better programs they should be right at the top. Their twist is great and they are generally consistent (at least more reliable than poor S/K). Rooting for better programs next season.

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
Great sportmanship indeed. Good for them they took part in the team event, so they won't go home with empty hands. Good the Camera turned away to another emotional but much happier scene. They did their best, and fought until the end. And that's all you can ask.

What a night of figure skating though (well for me it was at night). I very much enjoyed what I saw. I must admit I was rather touched by young Sui's reaction to Aljona's turning all emotional when she realised she had (finally) won the olympic gold. A very sweet, almost comforting, little touch on the leg. That showed great sportmanship too.

klutzy

On the Ice
Yeah, poor little Sui--so clearly disappointed, but really trying to pull it together and do the right thing. Even though I was rooting for Sui/Han, last night was a really wonderful competition--great skates--fair judging, and that amazing comeback for Gold.

labgoat

Done updating WJC rewatches!
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I think the character building has begun for them. Sometimes a great setback forces you to examine what you want and why it means so much to you. It gives you time to grow and find your own meaning in order to have something to say artistically. This team has so much talent and has lacked a personal style and message. I look forward to a much more interesting and fulfilling career for them.

s_parks

Record Breaker
What a night of figure skating though (well for me it was at night). I very much enjoyed what I saw. I must admit I was rather touched by young Sui's reaction to Aljona's turning all emotional when she realised she had (finally) won the olympic gold. A very sweet, almost comforting, little touch on the leg. That showed great sportmanship too.
I saw that little moment and my heart melted. Felt much happier even though i was disappointed they couldn't get gold. Not to mention the heartfelt hugs exchanged.

shyne

Final Flight
they were spoiled by their inflated scores at the Europeans~~~ and failed to realize how much work they need to improve their FS