2019 European Youth Olympic Festival | Golden Skate

2019 European Youth Olympic Festival

Walt FSHunter

Final Flight
Country
Ukraine

The Finn

Record Breaker
It will be very interesting to see who Russia will send this time. Last time they send Alina who would have won the event even if she would have skated FS only.

If I recall the skaters must have born between july 2002 and june 2004 which means that Sasha, Alena, Anna and Nastia T would be eligible. And so would Nastia Gubanova, Liza Nugumanova, Vika Vasilieva and many others.

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
Sweden sends Selma Ihr(23.02.2004) and Andreas Nordebäck(12.03.2004). Both finishing top ten at their juniorGP competitions this season. Andreas is the Swedish junior champion. Selma didn’t compete at nationals.

Good luck and have fun :hap10:

TT_Fin

The second worst besserwisser in the world
Record Breaker
Country
Finland
Finland sends Linnea Ceder.

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
British Team:

Genevieve Somerville – aged 16 from Derby, Derbyshire (ISU Bio; Rink Results Bio; Stats On Ice Bio; Tracings Bio)

Joseph Zakipour – aged 16 from Nottingham, Nottinghamshire (Rink Results Bio; Stats On Ice Bio)

Source: https://www.teamgb.com/news/team-gb...o-2019-european-youth-olympic-winter-festival

It may be an all English figure skating team, but there are plenty of Scottish athletes in the other sports, and also a snowboarder from Wales. But, unless Kieran Doyle is from a Northern Irish family, there is nobody from over here in the British team. :disapp:

Hope the full entry list for the Figure Skating gets posted soon, because this is the second round of the Junior ISU Predictions Game.

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland

There is also the schedule, on that site https://www.ksbih.ba/images/eyof/EYOF_v3.pdf

You are a star! :bow: :clap: :points:

I'll start on the Predictions Thread now. If I don't get it up tonight, I'll finish it off first thing tomorrow morning. (Due to the size of the entry lists, it will take a bit of time to edit it).

CaroLiza_fan

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker

I'll start on the Predictions Thread now. If I don't get it up tonight, I'll finish it off first thing tomorrow morning. (Due to the size of the entry lists, it will take a bit of time to edit it).

CaroLiza_fan

I'm all ready and excited! :hap85:

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
EYOF is nice but not to be taken that seriously as sporting event.
Same for YOG, these events are meant to foster concord and friendship between athletes, peoples and nations.

Shcherbakova will probably 'destroy' the field and finish with an unsurmountable, untouchable lead. But she will also make lots of new friends in the other skaters, and that's what counts.
As a person, a lively young girl still very much unspoiled and modest, Anna isn't untouchable at all. She'll happily pose for pictures and chat with the other contestants. How often do you meet a National Champion of Russia in real life?
In the audience and spectators, many will be touched by her charm and kindness that always envelop Anna, besides her skating skills of course.

Displaying good character is also part of the upbringing the kids get at Khrustalniy, I hope Anna is a great ambassador for her sport.

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
EYOF is nice but not to be taken that seriously as sporting event.
Same for YOG, these events are meant to foster concord and friendship between athletes, peoples and nations.

Shcherbakova will probably 'destroy' the field and finish with an unsurmountable, untouchable lead. But she will also make lots of new friends in the other skaters, and that's what counts.
As a person, a lively young girl, Anna isn't untouchable at all. Instead many will be touched by her charm and kindness.
Displaying good character is also part of the upbringing the kids get at Khrustalniy, I hope.

Of course Shcherbakova will be untouchable. Just like Zagitova was at the last edition.

I feel sorry for the EYOF. In theory, it should be a really prestigious competition, because it is essentially the Junior equivalent of the European Championships held within a multi-sport event. But, because the ISU or the IOC doesn't run it, the Federations don't take it seriously. And, hence, the fans don't either.

The YOG is a different matter. I think that because it is run by the IOC, the Federations do take it seriously. But, because it is still relatively new (and it is only held every 4 years, so there have only been 2 editions), it is taking a bit of time for the fans to feel the same way.

Which is why I make a point of including these 2 events in the Junior ISU Championships Predictions Game. To raise their profile.

Speaking of which, the Predictions Thread is now up:

https://www.goldenskate.com/forum/showthread.php?79002

CaroLiza_fan

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy

CaroLiza_fan

:yahoo::hap10:

Of course Shcherbakova will be untouchable. Just like Zagitova was at the last edition.

I feel sorry for the EYOF. In theory, it should be a really prestigious competition, because it is essentially the Junior equivalent of the European Championships held within a multi-sport event. But, because the ISU or the IOC doesn't run it, the Federations don't take it seriously. And, hence, the fans don't either.

The YOG is a different matter. I think that because it is run by the IOC, the Federations do take it seriously. But, because it is still relatively new (and it is only held every 4 years, so there have only been 2 editions), it is taking a bit of time for the fans to feel the same way.

Which is why I make a point of including these 2 events in the Junior ISU Championships Predictions Game. To raise their profile.

Speaking of which, the Predictions Thread is now up:

https://www.goldenskate.com/forum/showthread.php?79002

CaroLiza_fan

yeeees!!! feed my obsession!:biggrin:

Harriet

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I always find it both telling and depressing when the boys/men's list for a competition is about half the size of the girls'/women's list. No wonder the girls tend to be mentally tougher than the boys; they have to fight a thousand times harder for every tiny gasp of opportunity, let alone success, and yet they're still judged as intrinsically less worthy because female. :(

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
Sad for Selma, hopefully she can attend worlds for juniors. Should be so much fun going to a competition like this. Bad that the Swe Oly Committee doesn't find another girl promising enough to send :mad: