Yuzuru Hanyu: 2018-2019 | Page 166 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu: 2018-2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

liv

Record Breaker
I'm laughing at the idea of a *Super Yuzu* program :laugh: complete with cape, or some such thing!!

yude

Record Breaker
Or it can also be a request to make another EX program for him. Something similar to Hello, I love you. :slink:

I think this is very possible :biggrin:

And I agree he is so unpredictable, we have to be ready for everything but I just can't, I am a a bad learner :laugh:

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia

And I agree he is so unpredictable, we have to be ready for everything but I just can't, I am a a bad learner :laugh:

Again, I suggest we keep in mind Brian's mantra.... "Never underestimate Mister Hanyu."

Imov

Medalist
About the private thing, I think its not related to r*********. Kurt is a nice guy but I don't think Yuzu wil share that info openly.
And he said its "exciting" what came to my mind is "A new Coninues with Wings show after Worlds 2019?" or a more shocking but exciting one is "I am engaged." lmao, that's too extreme.
Since both of them are passionate skaters, I would like to believe its about skating and its gonna happen this season. So let's keep our wits awake.

Henni147

Final Flight

I can imagine that this "private" thing is meant to remain private and not revealed to public. Something that concerns these two only. :popcorn: Kurt might regret this little hint already... who knows :laugh:

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
About the private thing, I think its not related to r*********. Kurt is a nice guy but I don't think Yuzu wil share that info openly.
And he said its "exciting" what came to my mind is "A new Coninues with Wings show after Worlds 2019?" or a more shocking but exciting one is "I am engaged." lmao, that's too extreme.
Since both of them are passionate skaters, I would like to believe its about skating and its gonna happen this season. So let's keep our wits awake.

Whatever it is, Kurt is obviously pretty stoked and he's been around long enough to have seen (and been) pretty much everything in the sport. So it's got to be pretty special. And one thing I learned fast as a Yuzu fan is that predicting anything with this boy is bound to be wrong.... we will find out (if we find out) when Yuzuru wants the world to, and I'm comfortable with that.

Whatever it is, it's nice that Yuzuru feels comfortable enough to trust him with private news. Kurt is another whose respect and admiration for Yuzuru has always been pretty obvious, right from baby Yuzu's senior entry in 2012 if not earlier... and I have a sneaking suspicion that he really does think Yuzuru is the GOAT but at least tries to be diplomatically neutral because of his position as a commentator. But the number of times he has brought up "probably/possibly/could be the greatest" is telling....

Henni147

Final Flight
Shoma has the most fun competing when Yuzuru competes in the same competition :biggrin:
https://twitter.com/axelsandwich/status/1054935457719414784
Fact: many PB performances happened in Yuzu's presence. Remember Patrick at Trophee Bompard 2013, Javi at Worlds 2016, Nathan at 4CC 2017 and his Olympic FS, Boyang and Shoma in Helsinki 2017...
Yuzu pushes everyone to his limits and even beyond, which is fantastic for the sport :agree:

Amef

Final Flight
Whatever it is, Kurt is obviously pretty stoked and he's been around long enough to have seen (and been) pretty much everything in the sport. So it's got to be pretty special. And one thing I learned fast as a Yuzu fan is that predicting anything with this boy is bound to be wrong.... we will find out (if we find out) when Yuzuru wants the world to, and I'm comfortable with that.

Whatever it is, it's nice that Yuzuru feels comfortable enough to trust him with private news. Kurt is another whose respect and admiration for Yuzuru has always been pretty obvious, right from baby Yuzu's senior entry in 2012 if not earlier... and I have a sneaking suspicion that he really does think Yuzuru is the GOAT but at least tries to be diplomatically neutral because of his position as a commentator. But the number of times he has brought up "probably/possibly/could be the greatest" is telling....
Maybe the private news is about him going to Beijing or his retirement? I always get the feeling people close to him ask this all the time and he only shares his plans with skaters he can trust.

silkpanda

Rinkside
Regarding that private thing I really don't think Yuzu would share too much because he doesn't even share everything with his coach or team mates, remember Brain always said Yuzu is not social at all. For a serious man like Yuzu I couldn't imagine he talks his feelings easily.
one early interview the teenager Yuzu had with Daisuke Takahashi, when they were asked if they would chat things like relationship/girls, Daisuke answered something like'' women usually discuss love life but we are men ....'' which could apply to pretty much most of men who are not that emotional open especially towards other male friends.

Danibellerika

Medalist
https://twitter.com/YuzuElsa/status/1054861231302029312 I guess ACI is the only competition where fans can get close-up training photos like this? :luv17:

Yuzu saw my banner, smiled, and waved as he was skating by in the victory ceremony, so yeah, it's a lot more close-up than your typical competition. And during practice Kiches and I saw a gazillion 4t/3a's from him from as close as you can get without being on the ice. This kind of seat (Can you see me? :cool14:) anywhere else probably wouldn't have happened. Thanks again for the find, Kiches.

Interspectator

Record Breaker
Yuzu saw my banner smiled and waved as he was skating by in the victory ceremony, so yeah, it's a lot more close-up than your typical competition. And during practice Kiches and I saw a gazillion 4t/3a's from him from as close as you can get without being on the ice. This kind of seat (Can you see me? :cool14:) anywhere else probably wouldn't have happened. Thanks again for the find, Kiches.

So cool! You got a photo with Yuzu! :thumbsup: I only ever saw him skate from the middle of the stands, so when I see these rink level fan photos I'm envious.

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Maybe the private news is about him going to Beijing or his retirement?

I doubt it's either of these, I can't see him committing either way to Beijing at this early stage, and excitement surely wouldn't be the word that came to Kurt's mind if it was retirement (unless Yuzuru has some really really jawdropping plans for afterwards!!! - which I wouldn't put past him :laugh:)

yude

Record Breaker
Yomiuri shinbun decided to donate 42,780,000 yen from the goods profit in Yuzuru Hanyu Exhibition to the affected areas by natural disaster. They talked with Yuzuru and decided to send 10,000,000 yen to each Miyagi, Iwate, Fukushima, and the rest to Hokkaido and Fukuoka etc through Japan Red Cross. (I'm guessing Hiroshima will also be included)

https://twitter.com/oro1_/status/1055173952824205312
https://twitter.com/oro1_/status/1055175760703410176

This year, Japan had more natural disasters than usual (typhoons, earthquakes, flooding, landslide...). Thank you so much, Yuzuru and Yomiuri.

Glad that my 4,500 yen is included in donation :)

Interspectator

Record Breaker
Yomiuri shinbun decided to donate 42,780,000 yen from the goods profit in Yuzuru Hanyu Exhibition to the affected areas by natural disaster. They talked with Yuzuru and decided to send 10,000,000 yen to each Miyagi, Iwate, Fukushima, and the rest to Hokkaido and Fukuoka etc through Japan Red Cross. (I'm guessing Hiroshima will also be included)

https://twitter.com/oro1_/status/1055173952824205312
https://twitter.com/oro1_/status/1055175760703410176

This year, Japan had more natural disasters than usual (typhoons, earthquakes, flooding, landslide...). Thank you so much, Yuzuru and Yomiuri.

Glad that my 4,500 yen is included in donation :)

:sad21: Thanks Yuzu, Fans and Yomiuri Newspaper. :points:

Status
Not open for further replies.