Yuzuru Hanyu: 2018-2019 | Page 164 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu: 2018-2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

yude

Record Breaker
https://www.myrepi.com/communities/yuzu-days AAAAH We are going to have an advertisement making video soon. Not out yet, that I can see, but there's an announcement for it. :dance3:
The Advert will air on November 1st. There will some collaboration with Matsuoka Shuzo as well.

I wonder if what product they will have...the laundry stuff? Or they will be doing "Thanks mom" style? I can't help but think it is going to be funny CM since there is Shuzo :laugh:

Interspectator

Record Breaker
I wonder if what product they will have...the laundry stuff? Or they will be doing "Thanks mom" style? I can't help but think it is going to be funny CM since there is Shuzo :laugh:

Yes, Shuzo is so hyper, are they both going to wear hachimaki and yell "Okaasan, Arigatou!" :laugh:

Here's another translation from the Ciontu booklet. Each of the performers ask Yuzu a question or make a comment.

http://nanoka12.tumblr.com/post/179215741431/continues-with-wings-treasured-edition-book
It's really sweet!

Interspectator

Record Breaker
Love the TCC family photo

Yuzu's hair might need a trim.

------
Nomura Mansai shares some of the tips he gave to Yuzu when they met in 2015.
He (Yuzu) should wear the (notes) music. When one tries to match the notes, one chases and becomes a little behind. But if one acts as if one is playing the music or that the music is running from them, that is what it means to wear the notes. I think the closest English equivalent is 'inhabit the music'
Everyone says "COOL!"
https://twitter.com/xle0yt39bf_473/status/1053538388870029313

Last edited:

Amef

Final Flight
I think it is not smart for Lotte if they made Yuzuru wear that beautiful costume and cute clothes only for taking pictures of clear files :tantrum:
Exactly. Wonder if they will let him recycle that outfit for competitions or Galas?

yude

Record Breaker
This is video of Shuzo Matsuoka's interview.

https://twitter.com/unicochao1/status/1053744354597134336

I might be the person who interviewed him the most in Japan, I've been listening to him since he was 16. He has unique sensitivity, very delicate even though he doesn't show it to the outside. He must be hurt very much, he has been hurt by many things deeply and deeply. But he doesn't show it while he values people looking at him. But if we talk about who is in charge of himself, Yuzuru Hanyu actually acts independently, which I think is the best thing for him and that means "an athlete". It's a sport after all, he is competing. Of course figure skating has aspect of artistry, but he says definitely, "This is a sport. I think this is interesting because we are clearly decided who is a winner or not." He was injured before PC Olympics, and I was thinking he would not participate in the Olympics. But in all that, he came to compete. He was doing image training like "if I would compete here, I would get the gold medal." over and over again. When I saw him doing quad jumps in the practice, I was so overwhelmed. His mental strength, the ability to believe in himself, and his words, his words hit my heart during the interview. When I asked him, "What is this gold medal for?", he answered, "The gold medal that I had thrown away all my happiness to get". He threw away what he had wanted to do, such as eating habit, training, layout of the programs and so on. But when I asked him, "What did you grab from all of them?", he said "I grabbed happiness." His choice, or more like his sensitivity, must be leading to the power attracting people.

ankifeather

Final Flight
This is video of Shuzo Matsuoka's interview.

https://twitter.com/unicochao1/status/1053744354597134336

I might be the person who interviewed him the most in Japan, I've been listening to him since he was 16. He has unique sensitivity, very delicate even though he doesn't show it to the outside. He must be hurt very much, he has been hurt by many things deeply and deeply. But he doesn't show it while he values people looking at him. But if we talk about who is in charge of himself, Yuzuru Hanyu actually acts independently, which I think is best thing for him and that means "an athlete". It's a sport after all, he is competing. Of course figure skating has aspect of artistry, but he says definitely, "This is a sport. I think this is interesting because we are clearly decided who is a winner or not." He was injured before PC Olympics, and I was thinking he would not participate in the Olympics. But in all that, he came to compete. He was doing image training like "if I would compete here, I would get the gold medal." When I saw him doing quad jumps in the practice, I was so overwhelmed. His mental strength, the ability to believe in himself, and his words, his words hit my heart during the interview. When I asked him, "What is this gold medal for?", he answered, "The gold medal that I had thrown away all my happiness to get". He threw away what he had wanted to do, such as eating habit, training, layout of the programs and so on. But when I asked him, "What did you grab from all of them", he said "I grabbed happiness." His choice, or more like his sensitivity, must be leading to the power attracting people.

Wow, my heart ached just reading that.....I am just so happy for him that he got the gold medal he exchanged everything for, because this sport is cruel and not everyone gets there. But at the same time I think the reason why he got there is precisely because of his strong believe in himself. Not many people can still be like that after injuring yourself to the point of not even being to walk properly without painkillers before the most important game of your life. To be honest I don't think the world gives him enough credit for the miracle he achieved at the Olympics (because he is defending champion and thus not seen as the underdog even when he is severely injured), but he got his happiness and that is what matters the most.

Yoa

On the Ice
PJ Kwong and Kurt talked about Yuzuru and 4A :scard7:
transcript with Japanese translation
video: around 13:00

A little fragment:

PJ: So what are you really looking forward to this season? tell me the biggest thing you are looking forward to?
Really excited Kurt: Oh oh Yuzuru Hanyu. I'm really excited about Yuzu because of something he said to me the other day. Two things, but one is private. He said "I'm back this year" (in his wonderful accent in barely English), but he's back to do quad axel. He's back to do quad axel, and that's some sexy exciting stuff.

ETA: Here's a video with just a part about Yuzuru: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=3&v=Rbu4Xquvz9c

sun110

Final Flight
Thanks for sharing:luv17: “He said "I'm back this year" (in his wonderful accent in barely English),”
I can totally imagine yuzu's accent here :laugh:
And “So I felt validated, that arguably the best skater that's ever skated said that to me, and I was like, YEAH, I felt that too! ” :biggrin:

Amef

Final Flight
Thanks for sharing:luv17: “He said "I'm back this year" (in his wonderful accent in barely English),”
I can totally imagine yuzu's accent here [emoji23]
And “So I felt validated, that arguably the best skater that's ever skated said that to me, and I was like, YEAH, I felt that too! ” [emoji3]
Awww. I wonder if Kurt visits TCC often for a chitchat with the skaters ? I never knew he visits TCC like this.

yude

Record Breaker
PJ Kwong and Kurt talked about Yuzuru and 4A :scard7:
transcript with Japanese translation
video: around 13:00

A little fragment:

PJ: So what are you really looking forward to this season? tell me the biggest thing you are looking forward to?
Really excited Kurt: Oh oh Yuzuru Hanyu. I'm really excited about Yuzu because of something he said to me the other day. Two things, but one is private. He said "I'm back this year" (in his wonderful accent in barely English), but he's back to do quad axel. He's back to do quad axel, and that's some sexy exciting stuff.

ETA: Here's a video with just a part about Yuzuru: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=3&v=Rbu4Xquvz9c

Kurt saw Yuzuru for five days? What? Did they make a new program together? :biggrin:

Yoa

On the Ice
Kurt saw Yuzuru for five days? What? Did they make a new program together? :biggrin:

I wonder if Kurt didn't mean that he was trying a quad axel for five days.
Like that: "And he and I had a talk about it. For about five days, a million years ago I was trying quad axels"

yude

Record Breaker
I wonder if Kurt didn't mean that he was trying a quad axel for five days.
Like that: "And he and I had a talk about it. For about five days, a million years ago I was trying quad axels"

Oh that makes sense, thank you :thank:

Status
Not open for further replies.