Yuzuru Hanyu: 2018-2019 | Page 253 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu: 2018-2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

yude

Record Breaker
I am really glad that Yuzuru sent us message, his hand writing is even more convincing :agree:

firal

Record Breaker
He announcing again that he'll try 4A next season made me rethink again my decision to stay home for the competitions since I have constant travel woes...I was planning to go for Montreal Worlds 2020, but just found out that it will be during Spring Break for my area of residence and I have to fight for vacation time with my colleagues, not to mention more extravagant prices for flight and hotel. Oh WHY does it have to be the same week!! :palmf:

Sorry for the rant. I'll go back to looking at Yuzu to calm myself down.

ankifeather

Final Flight
Ah yes Tomokazu is the one. I have zero interest in ping pong but he was supportive of Yuzu during the Olympics and also from Sendai so I looked up the kid. The last time he popped up again in the news he had already beaten all active olympic champions and world champions in a season at 15 year old , quite crazy.

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
He announcing again that he'll try 4A next season made me rethink again my decision to stay home for the competitions since I have constant travel woes...

I am going to fret madly from the moment the season starts, but what did we expect? He's Yuzu, and he won't be daunted. By anything.

But oh, if he lands it and any of you are there to see it.... (me, I can't travel at the minute, and anyway would be there peeking through my fingers, which would NOT be dignified)

yude

Record Breaker
I think that ankifeather meant Tomokazu Harimoto https://twitter.com/echotpe/status/1074263484269965312 :) He's 15 and was born in Sendai.

Ah yes Tomokazu is the one. I have zero interest in ping pong but he was supportive of Yuzu during the Olympics and also from Sendai so I looked up the kid. The last time he popped up again in the news he had already beaten all active olympic champions and world champions in a season at 15 year old , quite crazy.

Oh I completely forgot ANA is one of the sponsors of Harimoto-kun, thank you for pointing that out :) I hope he doesn't feel much pressure for Tokyo Olympics but am looking forward to seeing him compete there :thumbsup:

sun110

Final Flight
So I finally saw the practice video people have been talking about. I know that video was not supposed to be taken, but just want to say that yuzu looked much less cautious on the ice, compared with the first leaked video. So I'm happy that he seems to recover well.

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
So I finally saw the practice video people have been talking about. I know that video was not supposed to be taken, but just want to say that yuzu looked much less cautious on the ice, compared with the first leaked video. So I'm happy that he seems to recover well.

It wasn't just my wishful thinking then? (yes, I knew I shouldn't, but I can resist anything but temptation and watched it several times)

khtmyzr

Final Flight
Yuzu is popping in so much lately in polls and getting good results
I read the first three words of your comment and for a moment thought there’s a new video somewhere of him already practicing his jumps :laugh:

Imov

Medalist
Seems this has not posted :
https://twitter.com/tinylorando/status/1084007256042192896?s=19

Translation of excerpt from Team Brian book. From the 2017 injury & how Yuzuru prepared for Olympics, from Orser's view.

I was amused Yuzuru called the crutches 'stick' which led Orser to think its a walking stick & the injury wasnt so serious. Which caused Orser to be very shocked when he 1st saw Yuzu after the incident

Thanks for sharing.
I am glad he got convinced with the no 4lutz and seems to be heavily optimistic.
And he designed his recovery plan, wow he is just pure genius. Well we already now that bit proofs just keep piling up

ankifeather

Final Flight
Oh that behind the scene of Yuzu's warm up before the Olys FS released by Olympic Channel Chinese weibo account lol. It's funny to see a while before his gold winning moment, he was trying as many crazy ways to catch a ball, trolling Brian about 6 pack abs and having his lip syncing concerts whilst everyone around him are practicing serious normal warm ups XD. Looks like he was having fun rather than going to battle. And the Olympic weibo account mentioned they have a whole lot of backstage Hanyu "stock" they will gradually release per schedule. Looks like there might be some stuff to help through this drought .

Imov

Medalist
thank goodness for weibo.

Today at a company dinner I was fangirling so hard and showed Yuzu's photo to a colleague.

The photo I showed was a close up of him in casual clothes. My colleague was so surprised and commented "He looks like an actor"

Well we all know right? :points::medal"

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
And the Olympic weibo account mentioned they have a whole lot of backstage Hanyu "stock" they will gradually release per schedule. Looks like there might be some stuff to help through this drought .

They know what - and who - gets the views for them :biggrin:

Status
Not open for further replies.