Yuzuru Hanyu: 2018-2019 | Page 284 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu: 2018-2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

yude

Record Breaker
https://twitter.com/CBCOlympics/status/1108930050122907648 P J Kwong shared this sweet article and little glimpse of Yuzu interaction.

"From a distance in a hallway Wednesday afternoon, I saw a large group of people walking towards me. A few people back from the front, a lanky figure started waving at me and calling my name, "Pj! Pj! Hi, Pj!" As I got closer, I realized it was Hanyu. He dropped his head onto my shoulder for a hug and said, "It's nice to see you," as the group stopped and waited for our exchange to finish. It was nice to see him too."

:cry: :luv17:

yude

Record Breaker
He is in the warming-up area right now, the practice will start in 30 minutes.

Ophelia

Record Breaker
Methinks he should take a page out of Chen's book and be a bit more laid back instead of going kuyashii all the time. Think the latter is doing him more harm than good.

vunhung3001

Rinkside
Methinks he should take a page out of Chen's book and be a bit more laid back instead of going kuyashii all the time. Think the latter is doing him more harm than good.
Agreed. What I admire about Chen is that when things don't go well for him, he gets over it and moves on quickly. He doesn't put too much pressure on himself to be perfect and doesn't feel guilty of making mistakes either. I think that attitude benifited him a lot. I hope Yuzuru can have that attitude. I hope he take it easy and think positive. Just let things go.

Interspectator

Record Breaker
Remember the beginning of the season, Yuzu tried to be a bit more laid back but it didn't suit him. :biggrin:
Iwould like him to be easier on himself, to not let his mistakes burn so much...but his passion and intensity are now baked into his person. --Such a change in personality now is unlikely, or one that will only occur over a long period of time?

Last edited:

Danibellerika

Medalist
Remember the beginning of the season, Yuzu tried to be a bit more laid back but it didn't suit him. :biggrin:
Iwould like him to be easier on himself, to not let his mistakes burn so much...but his passion and intensity are now baked into his person. --Such a change in personality now is unlikely, or one that will only occur over a long period of time?

Yeah it's worked out for him pretty well I would say. Though because he doesn't relax I find that I don't either :laugh:. Different strokes for different folks. Are there any Japanese skaters that take that kind of Chen Zen approach? The major players are all very hard on themselves.

yude

Record Breaker
Agreed. What I admire about Chen is that when things don't go well for him, he gets over it and moves on quickly. He doesn't put too much pressure on himself to be perfect and doesn't feel guilty of making mistakes either. I think that attitude benifited him a lot. I hope Yuzuru can have that attitude.

I hope so, too, but I don't think it will happen as long as Yuzuru competes for his country.

Like just now, Japanese media are giving only Yuzuru huge pressure while Shoma has also a chance for a medal. There is only about 3 points difference between Yuzuru and Shoma after SP, but they don't even care. I am so sorry for Yuzuru, but that may be what two time Olympic Champion has to go through, especially in the country figure skating is very popular.

Interspectator

Record Breaker
https://twitter.com/tyugaeri/status/1109273479596011520 Yuzu's at the main rink now.

:pray: Please have a safe practice!

From various twitter reports,
3lo, 4T, 4Tot, 4T-3A , 4S beautiful. Checking 4lo, beautiful. 4S fall

Origin jumps without music 4Lo beautiful, 4S,
Once again from the top 4Lo hangs on, 4S beautiful.
Picks some litter off the ice.
4LoSO, 4S beautiful
4Lo

Origin RT
4lo SO, 4s beautiful, 4T-3A beautiful, 3Lo, 4T hangs on, 3F-3T , 3A-eu-3S beautiful
4T beautiful
Checking the entrance to the loop many times.

4Lo hangs on, 4S beautiful.
1lo, 4lo, fall, 3Lo, 4lo fall.

Practice ends.

Nathan and Yuzu clap for each other.

Last edited:

eaglehelang

Final Flight
Agreed. What I admire about Chen is that when things don't go well for him, he gets over it and moves on quickly. He doesn't put too much pressure on himself to be perfect and doesn't feel guilty of making mistakes either. I think that attitude benifited him a lot. I hope Yuzuru can have that attitude. I hope he take it easy and think positive. Just let things go.
And here I was thinking Yuzuru will be more chill & relaxed after winning 2 OG Golds.
At the very least to slow down somewhat after 2X ankle injury.

But no, he has gone full kuyashi mode again, like Japan's 3 spots depended upon him. Like he forgot Shoma is there & can score within top 5 even if Shoma's ankles are hurting.<sigh>

yude

Record Breaker
This is a part of yesterday's practice.

1Lo、3Lo、1Lo、1Lo 、4Loot、1Lo、4Lo、4Lo、4Lo、1Lo、1Lo、1Lo、4S、4Lo、4Lofall、4Lopop (and he was doing from the starting pose of Origin in the latter half of the practice)

https://twitter.com/mikappa78/status/1109032423767969792

And reading the reports of today's practice, I really really hope he will land 4Lo in FS. He said he started practicing this jump a few weeks ago, from the level of one clean jump out of 50 attempts. We know we get scared when we try something hurtful in the past, but he is trying to overcome it. I am praying for his success and happiness :pray:

YuanFang

Rinkside
I wished he could be easier on himself, too. But I guess that's how Yuzu is. He burns bright hot. And as somebody else has said, we will go through fire with him. Let's prepare to cheer for him and send our energy to him this evening.

Status
Not open for further replies.