2019-20 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating | Page 448 | Golden Skate

2019-20 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating

VenusHalley

Final Flight
I'm starting to think Trusova's LP doesn't feature her as Daenerys, but as Drogon. She certainly flies when she jumps, and roasts her competitors once her program is done. I'm not a fan of the Dracaerys at the end, but it will probably grow on me.

Makes sense. They chose the Game of Thrones music before Daenerys became all psycho and died at the end and maybe they felt that storyline would be hard to do/too much...

I don't know. I did not get any story line from her 5th element program either, I guess maybe they were both just inspired by the movies, not really telling some sorta "story". That's okay.

LiamForeman

William/Uilyam
Medalist
Ksenia Tsibinova's skated as both a senior and a junior, mainly as a senior recently, and placed 5th and 6th at her cup events (stages 3 and 5, respectively) last year. The screen showed that she was with Davydov now, but she's been with Panova before that.

I could immediately tell she was a Panova student with that 2axel technique!

IndiaP12

iliabot wakabot gumennikbot team korea stan
Final Flight
Country
New-Zealand
Wait I just saw someone say that Panova students are banned from internal competitions this season due to the Shabotova scandal [emoji848] but I don’t know what Internal means. Sofia Shifrina just competed at a Moscow comp tho?

IndiaP12

Final Flight
Country
New-Zealand
^^ if that was true, then Tarakanova would miss out on cup of Russia events and wouldn’t make Junior Nationals. Unless direct participation in Junior Nationals is by getting 2 JGP events too. (I’ve forgotten)

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
^^ if that was true, then Tarakanova would miss out on cup of Russia events and wouldn’t make Junior Nationals. Unless direct participation in Junior Nationals is by getting 2 JGP events too. (I’ve forgotten)

For junior nationals, skating at one JGP qualifies the skater directly. Making the JGPF qualifies them to senior nationals if they are over 14 as well, so since Tarakanova likely won't qualify, she'd need to skate 2 senior cup events to make senior RusNats.

NaVi

Medalist
Wait I just saw someone say that Panova students are banned from internal competitions this season due to the Shabotova scandal [emoji848] but I don’t know what Internal means. Sofia Shifrina just competed at a Moscow comp tho?

Pretty sure it wasn't about Shabotova... it was about signing up for events and not showing up. A lot of these events have limited spots and they were taking up spots.

IndiaP12

Final Flight
Country
New-Zealand
Pretty sure it wasn't about Shabotova... it was about signing up for events and not showing up. A lot of these events have limited spots and they were taking up spots.

Oh, alright

Happy Skates

Final Flight

Tarakanova is on the list for COR stage 2 though. Is this not internal?

SkateSkates

Medalist
I believe they were banned from Moscow competitions only, not Cup of Russia events/ general Russian competitions. But then I thought I read somewhere the ban was reversed? I can’t find the link about this so I might be wrong.

NaVi

Medalist
Google translate
Skaters of the Moscow schools Moskvich, Snow Leopards, Angels Plushenko and Megasport in the 2018/2019 season will be suspended for 3 months from participating in competitions held by the Moscow Figure Skating Federation (FFKM).

The decision was made at a meeting of the FFKM Presidium.

“Being declared for classification competitions, without explaining the reasons and without warning the organizers of the tournament, the athletes of these schools did not participate in them, thereby disrupting the assignment of categories to other participants in these competitions, the number of which was insufficient for assignment.

https://www.sports.ru/figure-skating/1076122740.html

So it's only 3 months just the events put on by the Moscow Figure Skating Federation.

Sugar Coated

Final Flight

Glad that's the case. It would seem highly unfair to punish other skaters in the group for that reason.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
For junior nationals, skating at one JGP qualifies the skater directly. Making the JGPF qualifies them to senior nationals if they are over 14 as well, so since Tarakanova likely won't qualify, she'd need to skate 2 senior cup events to make senior RusNats.

I’m here for it!!!

Bluediamonds09

Medalist
I just realized that Japan Open is next week!!!! Hahaha, I know it’s stupid but I can’t wait to see Alina’s costume!

Has the Russian federation released Shabotova yet? What if they keep her in limbo for several more months or YEARS as a way to punish her??? Can they do that?