Alena Kostornaia leaves Tutberidze | Page 16 | Golden Skate

Alena Kostornaia leaves Tutberidze

Status
Not open for further replies.

eliana

On the Ice
Don't defend Plush. He doesn't deserve it. He already did so many things that ruined his reputation[/QUOTE

Plush did nothing to damage his reputation. He is the King of Ice. And so it will remain forever

eliana

On the Ice
Everyone has own taste. For me and for his tons of fans he is artistry with great charisma, and he was always "on"... Yes, he is not like Hanyu or Lambiel thanks God he is not! But he has artistry on different way and the judges also thought that. What is artistry? Is there one type of artistry? I have seen live Lambiel and Plushenko at Kings on ice show...Plushenko was much more impressive as Lambiel. The crowd also felt it not just me.

Roberto Bolle one of the greatest ballet dancers in last decades about Plushenko:

"Apart from the competition, that was very exciting, is not just the quality of exercise that excite me. His real strength comes from charisma, personality, by the presence on ice. He demonstrates how much he’s good, by showing the high consideration has about himself, and this effects his opponents. You could see that others were not so sure, he told them right away, from the first movement: "I am the number one”.

"There are many skaters who have a strong body, and many are flexable and have softness and extreme extensibility in their movement. Honestly, I’m not an expert, I don’t notice one element that stands out the Russian. It is his artistic vision, the quality of dance and of how he presents himself , he has completeness."

Maya Plisetskaya the world famous ballerina:

Plushenko was her favorite

"He skates like an artist who knows that he is the best. Other skaters think that they are good too, but they have doubts and get nervous. Plushenko on the contrary always knows that he is much better than others, and he convinces all of us in it. He not just "works" on ice, he dances on ice masterly, and that is a wonderful thing to see."

"He looks like Godunov, the Russian ballet dancer. The same type- tall, handsome, self-confident, with long waving in the wind and pirouettes blond hair. In ballet he would be perfect at parts performed by Godunov. He has the temperament and virtuosity for that."

Yuri Smekalov
: ( the choreographer of the Nijinsky program and he is the choreographer of Liza Tukta prgram in this year.

"Suppose take Plushenko. His charisma is so powerful that no matter what image of Jack chose, “he includes himself,” his inner strength and inner euphoria begins. It’s so captivates the audience, they forget that even a given image, which invested director. To them it does not matter. With Eugene in this sense simply to work…"

Nikolay Tsiskaridze ex principal dancer and Sergei Filin ex Bolshoi director also praised his artistic ability.

I don't know how can they work together I responded to that poster who wrote he has no artistry. That's all.

God, how beautiful

You do not have to be upset! Those who do not recognize this are his haters, and I do not care what they say

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
What what what???

Sounds like I was totally wrong when I suggested that Kostornaya might not have been that much wanting the sponsors the others all got...

Okay, now I have gotten through opening GS before waking up and seeing that heading... I can't say I am totally astonished (in fact, I did predict the 3A would crack). And to be honest, I don't really think Tutberidze can be really blamed for the fractures, the sheer domination of first Medvedeva/Zagitova and then the girls definitely no longer known as 3A was bound to put enormous strain on her ability to handle and channel their ambitions, and it appears she hasn't worked out as yet how to control that sort of unholy internal stress.

Let's be honest, Brian had his hands full with just the two OGM contenders (both of whom were older, and famous for their friendship and generosity) in 2018. It would take someone with the management skills of a five star general and the patience of Job to do it with at least four teenage OGM wannabes who furthermore can look at Julia, Evgenia and Alina and know they have one and one only shot.

And that is without the unholy problems and anxiety/pressure that 2020 has also brought.

But the message from Tutberidze is pretty crass to put it kindly, and she is increasingly showing form for crass.

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I think Plushy isn't honest.
He knows how it will looks if he says that they made an agreement two months before but he let Aliona waste Eteri's time for whatever reason.

Sorry, but that's on Aliona and her family. She was the one in the business relationship, not Plushy. I may not really like the way he's been acting over this and the Trusova business (both coaches are not impressing me) but it wasn't his place or his responsibility to give Tutberidze a heads up.

You have to wonder - and be impressed in a sort of wary way - at Kostornaya's ruthless streak in doing it this way and taking her time to get what she wanted before leaving. Especially for someone so young. If Trusova identified with GOT's Daenerys, Kostornaya is well and truly showing her Sansa Stark side.

Yes, he is not like Hanyu or Lambiel thanks God he is not!

Hanyu said quite bluntly some time back that he doesn't believe he is Plushenko's equal, but then he's totally a fanboy :laugh:

fabienne1996

Medalist
Country
Germany
Sorry, but that's on Aliona and her family. She was the one in the business relationship, not Plushy. I may not really like the way he's been acting over this and the Trusova business (both coaches are not impressing me) but it wasn't his place or his responsibility to give Tutberidze a heads up.

You have to wonder - and be impressed in a sort of wary way - at Kostornaya's ruthless streak in doing it this way and taking her time to get what she wanted before leaving. Especially for someone so young. If Trusova identified with GOT's Daenerys, Kostornaya is well and truly showing her Sansa Stark side.

Hanyu said quite bluntly some time back that he doesn't believe he is Plushenko's equal, but then he's totally a fanboy [emoji23]
Well actually we dont know which version is the truth. Eteris and teams one where she apparently told them she decided this in may. Or plushenkos who says she approached him like 2 weeks ago and not before. And didnt rusfed also say they didnt know about any talking in may? Wouldn't they be one of the ones to know such thing's?

Gesendet von meinem SM-T813 mit Tapatalk

Ravyn Rant

Totally 80s Dance Party!
Medalist
You lovely folks never disappoint me. Sixteen pages of speculation, I love it!
I hope Alena gets what she needs with Plushenko. As for Eteri, I've had this ridiculous mental image of her today, going full Miss Hannigan and stomping around the rink while singing "Little Girls" and swigging from a bottle of vodka.

Jeanie19

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Dear all,
I am sorry but I just have huge doubts that Evgeniy really called the programs awful.
there were 3 interviews published today, in 2 of them there was nothing about awful programs (though the rest information was the same). So unless I hear/see audio/video I will not believe he really did tell that. He is not modest, he definitely promises too much but he is correct.

Informative first post. Post often. :)

icybear

Medalist
Sad. But kinda expected. Its not only the skater's own ego but their parents. They're likely extremely pushy parents and they're not going to have their special child train under divided attention. It does seem kinda weird since she was the top student and she only has Anna as a senior competitor. I guess there must have been an ego problem. Probably some poking and pushing from Plushenko and his wife too, haha. Lets hope Eteri can hope onto Anna till 2022. She seems to be the more humbled and less egoistic of the lot. If she is going to Plushenko then I guess its because of the former coach they have there. Otherwise I cannot see Plushenko being able to push her technical or artistic level better than Eteri can. Haha probably cause I never liked his artistic style very much and his jumping style from his heyday is so outdated anyway

fabienne1996

Medalist
Country
Germany
Sad. But kinda expected. Its not only the skater's own ego but their parents. They're likely extremely pushy parents and they're not going to have their special child train under divided attention. It does seem kinda weird since she was the top student and she only has Anna as a senior competitor. I guess there must have been an ego problem. Lets hope Eteri can hope onto Anna till 2022. She seems to be the more humbled and less egoistic of the lot. If she is going to Plushenko then I guess its because of the former coach they have there. Otherwise I cannot see Plushenko being able to push her technical or artistic level better than Eteri can. Haha probably cause I never liked his artistic style very much and his jumping style from his heyday is so outdated anyway
And mabye it was actually alyonas decision she is 16 not 6 . So i doubt the parents would decide without asking her, and from what plushenko says she and not her parents but she herself approached him?

icybear

Medalist
And mabye it was actually alyonas decision she is 16 not 6 . So i doubt the parents would decide without asking her, and from what plushenko says she and not her parents but she herself approached him?

I'm sure Alena was part of the decision but I'm sure most 16 yrs old are heavily influenced by their parents as well

fabienne1996

Medalist
Country
Germany
I'm sure Alena was part of the decision but I'm sure most 16 yrs old are heavily influenced by their parents as well
Actually 16 is an age were most of the time the teenagers give nothing about what the parents want. I certanly would have been able to decide myself , yes i would take the parents voice into account but as a 16 year old you are mature enough to make your own desicion and not be manipulated by parents

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Sad. But kinda expected. Its not only the skater's own ego but their parents. They're likely extremely pushy parents and they're not going to have their special child train under divided attention. It does seem kinda weird since she was the top student and she only has Anna as a senior competitor. I guess there must have been an ego problem. Lets hope Eteri can hope onto Anna till 2022. She seems to be the more humbled and less egoistic of the lot. If she is going to Plushenko then I guess its because of the former coach they have there. Otherwise I cannot see Plushenko being able to push her technical or artistic level better than Eteri can. Haha probably cause I never liked his artistic style very much and his jumping style from his heyday is so outdated anyway

Lipnitskaya, Medvedeva, Trusova, Kostornaya.... the ego and/or fault can't be all on all of their side. "To lose one champion, Ms Tutberidze, may be regarded as a misfortune; to lose four looks like carelessness."

icybear

Medalist
Lipnitskaya, Medvedeva, Trusova, Kostornaya.... the ego and/or fault can't be all on all of their side. "To lose one champion, Ms Tutberidze, may be regarded as a misfortune; to lose four looks like carelessness."

Honestly aside from Hanyu and Fernandez where else is there 2 or more top champions training in the same rink everyday at the moment? The more recent one I can remember is Virtue/Moir and P/C but then didnt they also have tension between the two.

icybear

Medalist
Actually 16 is an age were most of the time the teenagers give nothing about what the parents want. I certanly would have been able to decide myself , yes i would take the parents voice into account but as a 16 year old you are mature enough to make your own desicion and not be manipulated by parents

I guess everyone has different relationship with their parents. Some have distant and rebellious relationship with their parent while others are more closely knitted and connected.

Flying Feijoa

On the Ice
Country
New-Zealand
Nadia is in California, a Covid hotbed, but if she still has citizenship (doubtful) she could go to Russia (also doubtful, Sinitsina went to her, so did Sotskova at one point).

Nadia Kanaeva did Sinitsyna's acclaimed SP, but the Dakini LP (which I think is also quite nice) was by Ilona Protasenya from Snow Leopards, who I guess should be accessible to skaters from other Moscow clubs?

Protasenya also did some interesting programmes for Sotskova before the latter moved to CSKA.

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Nadia Kanaeva did Sinitsyna's acclaimed SP, but the Dakini LP (which I think is also quite nice) was by Ilona Protasenya from Snow Leopards, who I guess should be accessible to skaters from other Moscow clubs?

Protasenya also did some interesting programmes for Sotskova before the latter moved to CSKA.

Protasenya may be exclusive to Panova?

eliana

On the Ice
Dear all,
I am sorry but I just have huge doubts that Evgeniy really called the programs awful.
there were 3 interviews published today, in 2 of them there was nothing about awful programs (though the rest information was the same). So unless I hear/see audio/video I will not believe he really did tell that. He is not modest, he definitely promises too much but he is correct.

Perfectly true! Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.