New US dance teams? | Golden Skate

New US dance teams?

childfreegirl

Final Flight
Since I don't feel like reading the whole 20+ page thread at FSU, can someone update me on any new US dance teams? Speculation would be okay too, lol.

Sylvia

Record Breaker
To summarize what is reportedly known at this time...

NEW U.S. SENIOR TEAMS:
Lydia Manon/Brandon Forsyth (confirmed by 4/1 BOI Newsbriefs)
Jamie Silverstein/Ryan O'Meara (confirmed by 4/1 BOI Newsbriefs)
Kim Navarro/Brent Bommentre
Charlotte Maxwell/Nick Traxler
Jennifer Wester/Daniil Barantsev (he is finally eligible to compete in 2005-06?)

JR moving up to SR? (not confirmed):
Pratt/Gilles (J1) - still JGP-eligible
Mallory/Holdburg (J2)
McCullough/Dear (J4)
Reyes/Wright (J11)
Davis/White (he was injured before Sectionals) - still JGP-eligible

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
Piel is trying to get Johnny Z :love: to team up with her for one of those places on the U.S. World team. That way I can go to the Olympics, see Italy, and see Johnny Z.. Silvia has already seen Italy so she can stay home :biggrin: .If it doesn't work out with JZ I can always skip over to Monaco and check out Albert.:agree:

clairecloutier

Final Flight
That's great news! I was such a fan of Jamie's when she used to skate with Justin Pekarek. It will be great to see her back.

Has anyone heard anything about Tiffany Stiegler and Sergei Magarovsky? Will they continue to skate together? I think they are an amazingly promising team.

Linny

Final Flight
Justin

And where IS Justin Pekarak? Still skating?

I hope Jamie is healthy now... there were rumors to the contrary in the past.

Linny

imanta

Rinkside
Anyone know what Jamie has been doing the past few years? Has she still been practicing/on the ice? Was she sick? I really loved her skating and I know her and Justin broke up long ago. I remember seeing something on TV about her several years back and IIRC she was talking about coming back to competitive skating.

I love Tiffany as well! Why did Sergei and his wife decide not to skate together anymore?

icedancer2

Rinkside
Count me in as one who really likes the Silverstein/O"Meara partnership!!!

(Of course, I really really liked him with Lydia Manon, too!

Sylvia - What has happened with Kendra Goodwin? She could easily win the Miss America contest before going on to Skate America.

Joe

icy fresh

On the Ice
Justin Pekarek is currently on the Boston Theatre on Ice team, the Act I of Boston. I think he's more than just a skater for the team, though, but I can't remember...... srry.

Sylvia

Record Breaker
Jamie Silverstein has been at college the past few years (Cornell University).

Justin Pekarek retired from competitive skating after 2004 Nationals -- see: http://www.usfigureskating.org/Story.asp?id=24546
He is attending college and coaching in the Boston area.

I assume Kendra Goodwin is looking for a new partner for 2005-06?

nicole_l

Final Flight
what about Naomi and Peter?There are some rumors that they are skating together again.
Really? That's interesting. I'd love to see them together again and see B&A challenged a bit more.

Serena

Rinkside
pennyfromheaven said:
what about Naomi and Peter?There are some rumors that they are skating together again.

I would be SO elated if they got back together- they were my fave dance team! I miss them so much.