The most difficult triple-triple combination | Page 4 | Golden Skate

The most difficult triple-triple combination

yume

🍉
Record Breaker
Yura Matsuda have done 3F-3lo / 3lo-3lo / 2A-3T-3lo in competition. Pretty hard combos i think.

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
It's very hard, and I'm actually not sure if anyone other than Alexander Abt has landed it in competition. If that's the case, more people have landed the 4Lz-3T than have the 3A-3Lo (not that it's a measure of absolute difficulty, as the former combination is incentivized more in the scoring system). A skater needs good speed on the landing, and not too much height on the first jump, to pull off a 3Lo; most 3A's are jumped too big to pull off that combination consistently enough.

Petr Gumennik did it at Nationals Elder Age just a week ago :)

lyndichee

Medalist
Loving the detailed explanations here, thanks so much. Question though, a couple people in this thread have mentioned the high chance of injury when doing a loop. Not being a skater myself, I was wondering what exactly makes loops dangerous? (Yuna Kim gave up on the 3Lo because of injury, as one well-known example.) And also, is a loop any more risky than other edge jumps? Thanks in advance.

This is just from what I've gathered and not really substantiated by any professional so take it with a grain of salt. A study from BYU showed that a skater absorbs up to 8 times their body weight when they land jumps. I think the nature of the loop will result in crossing of the legs, therefore putting your leg theoretically further than it would be on a salchow from it's landing position. Therefore, the force of landing a jump might be applied differently to the hip vs. a salchow.

I think Tara Lipinski had an issue with her hips due to the stress of performing it in combination.

Looking at Tara Lipinski's loop:
https://edgyafigureskatingblog.file...tara-lipinski-triple-triple-o.gif?w=419&h=314
The stress of landing the loop at more of a slight angle over time might create a lot of stress on your hip. Also Tara did it in combination so she couldn't swing her free leg out to take out momentum from the landing to ease the stress on her landing leg.

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/BrilliantLameIsabellinewheatear-max-1mb.gif
In this gif on a single loop jump, Mao swinging out her free leg likely eased the force on her hip due to the momentum of her free leg extending outward. She did attempt the 3F-3Lo quite a bit so not sure how the toe jump would play in however it doesn't shift your dominant leg as much as the loop, which is what I theorize would be easier on the hips.

I don't know much about physics or biology so not entirely sure however when I first started paying attention to figure skating, the first jump I was able to identify apart from the axel was the loop due to the positioning of the legs.

sakurano

Final Flight
Wow, I completely missed this. Thank you!

This one is my favorite 3Lz+3Lo of all time: https://youtu.be/wFVDnlvLZig?t=4m43s
(This was the time when Ted Barton called her a "Princess Warrior.")

if you want to see the whole report it is on the thread "state of the japanese ladies 2018-2019.

After this difficult season this name can only reflect the reality XD;

I did not know that a lot of skaters had trouble with the 3F maybe that's why there is little combo with the 3F.

I hope that next year we will see more novelty but with the new scoring system ....