2014-15 Japanese Nationals Ladies FS | Page 7 | Golden Skate

2014-15 Japanese Nationals Ladies FS

juuryokunashi

On the Ice
Is Nagai eligible for Sr Worlds? She is, imo, better than Rika on so many levels!

By age she is, but I don't think her junior results will translate to senior, plus the Worlds team qualification can't ignore the 2nd placer, and Rika did go to GPF so she had a 'better' showing at GPF (except we all know that Cup of Russia field was just not as deep as the others).

That said though, I'm still happy with this podium. :) Congrats to all the winners and Satoko deserved that crown :)

alia jackson

Record Breaker
1. Satoko Miyahara - 195.60
2. Rika Hongo - 188.63
3. Wakaba Higuchi - 181.82
4. Yuka Nagai - 168.55
5. Kanako Murakami - 168.29
6. Kaori Sakamoto - 167.46
7. Riona Kato - 165.53
8. Mariko Kihara - 163.58
9. Mai Mihara - 158.81
10. Miyu Nakashio - 158.43
11. Haruka Imai - 158.03
12. Miyabi Oba - 156.35
13. Rin Nitaya - 150.59
14. Yuki Nishino - 147.48
15. Yura Matsuda - 145.05
16. Saya Ueno - 140.69
17. Ayada Hosoda - 139.74
18. Haruna Suzuki - 137.66
19. Shoko Ishikawa - 134.99
20. Nana Matsushima - 130.61
21. Ibuki Mori - 129.78
22. Yuka Kono - 121.89
23. Kaho Komaki - 116.35
24. Kako Tomotaki - 110.84

BounceAround

On the Ice
According to the twitter feed, Satoko didn't get a good enough landing on her first lutz to put the triple toe on, so she just put the triple toe after the last double axel. Truly a queen.

juuryokunashi

On the Ice
Apparently Satoko didn't go for her 3Lz-3T, she did 3Lz-2T-2Lo and 2A-3T twice. Score is 131.12 and total is 195.60.

Wow, really? She knew the stakes were high and knew she had to pull up her TES then! Such clear thinking, good job Satoko! :)

Alchamei

Record Breaker
Wow, really? She knew the stakes were high and knew she had to pull up her TES then! Such clear thinking, good job Satoko! :)

According to Twitter, the landing of her 3Lz was not good so she didn't try 3-3. But I think she should stick with this layout! Because she usualy underrotates her 3-3, but she doesn't have so much problems with 2A-3T, so the BV would be basically the same, but she could then rotate everything!

Mirunna

Record Breaker
By age she is, but I don't think her junior results will translate to senior, plus the Worlds team qualification can't ignore the 2nd placer, and Rika did go to GPF so she had a 'better' showing at GPF (except we all know that Cup of Russia field was just not as deep as the others).

That said though, I'm still happy with this podium. :) Congrats to all the winners and Satoko deserved that crown :)

Of course Rika deserves to go. As well as Satoko. I am just not sure why many of you think the Fed will go with Kanako since Yuka placed ahead of her, had good results this season with a 4th place at jgpf while Kana, though breaking my heart, is regressing...

juuryokunashi

On the Ice
So according to Kanako's after-skate interview, Kana just implied that she'll return next season much more stronger. Does this mean she's not retiring after this? Let it be true! It's too early for her to quit! (Her POTO programs are just not the best programs lbr)

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
Wow, Satoko won the national championship for the first time.

Congratulations!

Flantan

On the Ice
According to Twitter, the landing of her 3Lz was not good so she didn't try 3-3. But I think she should stick with this layout! Because she usualy underrotates her 3-3, but she doesn't have so much problems with 2A-3T, so the BV would be basically the same, but she could then rotate everything!

I agree! I remember her 2A-3T at SC being huge, much more distance than her 3Ltz-3T

chezzu

On the Ice
So according to Kanako's after-skate interview, Kana just implied that she'll return next season much more stronger. Does this mean she's not retiring after this? Let it be true! It's too early for her to quit! (Her POTO programs are just not the best programs lbr)

YES!!! I am a huge Kanako fan obv and at the very least I want her to retire with programs... that... well, suit her.

AprilS

On the Ice
Of course Rika deserves to go. As well as Satoko. I am just not sure why many of you think the Fed will go with Kanako since Yuka placed ahead of her, had good results this season with a 4th place at jgpf while Kana, though breaking my heart, is regressing...

Scores-wise they haven't been scoring all that differently, it's likely Yuka will be held down in senior worlds for being a junior, and junior world placements are actually important for jgp spots next year. I imagine japan will want as many places as possible since some great juniors are coming up from novice.

purpledream

On the Ice

Probably just a 10% higher from the 3T at the end (if the 3-3 was at the front)

And yes! Landing everything is awesome anyway! Miss Saigon is a good programme for her!

Mirunna

Record Breaker
Scores-wise they haven't been scoring all that differently, it's likely Yuka will be held down in senior worlds for being a junior, and junior world placements are actually important for jgp spots next year. I imagine japan will want as many places as possible since some great juniors are coming up from novice.

That makes sense, thank you. I would love to see Kanako with an almighty comeback at worls. One more question, any idea when the team is announced?

juuryokunashi

On the Ice

Rika and Satoko both deserve to go, they're no-brainers for this, just like how Yuzu and Tatsu were last year in the Men's field -- but I still think JSF will go with sending Kanako to Worlds because according to the Worlds Team qualifications, the consideration isn't just on this season's results, but also considers World Standings. Kanako is still on a higher world ranking compared to Yuka or Riona, and has international clout more than untested Riona or Yuka, lbr. And again, I'm not entirely sure junior circuit results will translate to senior circuit.

Then again, we just really have to wait for the Worlds Team and 4CC Team announcement, and until then all we can do is speculate.

Totentanz

Ursula Gumennik
Medalist
Congratulations to Miyahara for her first national title!! I know she is a hardworking girl. I have watched her live next to the boards at JGP Bosphorus 2012. Happy for her :cheer:

Also happy that Kanako is fifth in the end. At least she has the chance to go to Worlds.