2014-15 NBC TV schedule: GPs/GPF; Nats; Euros; 4 Continents; Worlds | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2014-15 NBC TV schedule: GPs/GPF; Nats; Euros; 4 Continents; Worlds

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I swear, NBC makes it almost not worth wanting to watch it. Part is not good. Whole is good. Sheesh. You'll get more money NBC if you do more. hint hint wink wink.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
I swear, NBC makes it almost not worth wanting to watch it. Part is not good. Whole is good. Sheesh. You'll get more money NBC if you do more. hint hint wink wink.

I'm playing devil's advocate, but if NBC was getting more money by broadcasting more of it, they would have found a way to broadcast more of the competition. Given the fact that the only advertising they get NOW is those really sad abused animal commericials and canned national advertisers, I don't think figure skating is a huge money maker.

Nationals seems to be a money maker for NBC due to the great number of sponsors...

ice coverage

Record Breaker

cheerknithanson, I asked nicely once before, and this time I am BEGGING you :bang::
Pleeeeeeeeeeease take your gripes elsewhere (i.e., to another thread). Many on GS have complaints about NBC, but I did not start this thread as a place for them. If you do not want to watch NBC, that of course is your choice to make, but please stop moaning and groaning in this thread.​

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
cheerknithanson, I asked nicely once before, and this time I am BEGGING you :bang::
Pleeeeeeeeeeease take your gripes elsewhere. Many on GS have complaints about NBC, but I did not start this thread as a place for them. If you do not want to watch NBC, that of course is your choice to make, but please stop moaning and groaning in this thread.​

Sorry.

Sorry that I'm a huge annoyance to any of you. Not trying to be one on here.

Why do I always come off as one?

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Sorry.

Sorry that I'm a huge annoyance to any of you. Not trying to be one on here.

Why do I always come off as one?

As I said in another thread, I think it's great that someone of your age cares a lot about skating. :)

Speaking only for myself (with the disclaimer that I do not read every single thread and every single post on GS), I will say that I more frequently see posts from you that are complaining about something than posts that are more positive contributions -- such as your explanation of zero points for Miner's double jump in SLC, which was helpful information.
And please share with us more of your good feelings about skating -- about who and what you do like.

I noticed that you are going to Skate America, and I am excited for you. :)

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
As I said in another thread, I think it's great that someone of your age cares a lot about skating. :)

Speaking only for myself (with the disclaimer that I do not read every single thread and every single post on GS), I will say that I more frequently see posts from you that are complaining about something than posts that are more positive contributions -- such as your explanation of zero points for Miner's double jump in SLC, which was helpful information.
And please share with us more of your good feelings about skating -- about who and what you do like.

I noticed that you are going to Skate America, and I am excited for you. :)

YES!!!! I'm super excited! I'm going mainly for Jason Brown cause he's one of my 3 favorites. I'm only going for the sessions with the mens events cause I have to do homework and all that stuff as a biology major.

Yes I do notice that I complained. I have to control myself.

Thanks for saying I was helpful.

Thanks. I always liked skating in a way but it wasn't until this Olympics where I became a HUGE fan of it. And I learned the rules. It's my 2nd favorite sport (I'm a cheerleader so I can't top it. Maybe). Yeah I'm quite young. I'm 19.

It's changed my life. I can connect with skaters cause I find it similar to cheerleading in a way.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Does the middle of your user name mean you knit? If you knit at Skate America, you won't be alone ;)

There are knitting Canadian fans at skating events quite often.

Have a great time at Skate America! I envy you getting to see Jason's programs for this season live!

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Does the middle of your user name mean you knit? If you knit at Skate America, you won't be alone ;)

Have a great time at Skate America! I envy you getting to see Jason's programs for this season live!

You're correct! I am a knitter!

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States

I'm not going to knit there. Maybe. But I AM going bring socks I made as a present for Jason Brown. I'm going to have to move to another section after one of his programs to throw it on the ice because my seats both days are above the officials...and my hand-eye coordination is not the best. and I'm scared I'm to accidentally hit one of the judges hehe.

RobinA

On the Ice
To me this is an improvement. I got Universal Sports for figure skating some years ago and it was good, but then I lost Universal. Since then I haven't been able to watch Worlds at all. Now I get some Worlds.

Icenetwork is not an option for me because the picture is very bad and I don't like to watch video on a computer for any length of time.

Does anyone know if they've improved the resolution on icenetwork since about 7 years ago?

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Icenetwork is tons better than 7 years ago! However, you have to have Adobe Flashplayer.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
I'm not going to knit there. Maybe. But I AM going bring socks I made as a present for Jason Brown. I'm going to have to move to another section after one of his programs to throw it on the ice because my seats both days are above the officials...and my hand-eye coordination is not the best. and I'm scared I'm to accidentally hit one of the judges hehe.

You might want to consider attending the practices and give your gift to him then. He's really friendly and good about sticking around for fans and autographs.

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
You might want to consider attending the practices and give your gift to him then. He's really friendly and good about sticking around for fans and autographs.

I won't be getting to Chicago until like 3 in the afternoon on that Friday because I'll be going straight to the airport after my organic chemistry lab to fly from DC to Chicago and I'll be doing my homework while I'm in Chicago also.

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States

And I actually already got a picture with him and his autograph when I went to a meet and greet after the Stars on Ice show in Providence, Rhode Island (Which I had to take a 7-hour train ride to get there). and he is the nicest, sweetest, happiest, and most excited person ever!

So this will be my 2nd time seeing him skate.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
I won't be getting to Chicago until like 3 in the afternoon on that Friday because I'll be going straight to the airport after my organic chemistry lab to fly from DC to Chicago and I'll be doing my homework while I'm in Chicago also.

There might be another practice you could attend. Maybe Saturday morning? I seem to recall there was practices Saturday before the Ladies/Dance.

MaxSwagg

Match Penalty
Ugh. I'd like to get the premium pass for Icenetwork but with grad school applications coming up, I kind of need to save. Unless someone wants to split? Or, despite my love for short track, I'd even go half-half on just the figure skating pass. :)

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
There might be another practice you could attend. Maybe Saturday morning? I seem to recall there was practices Saturday before the Ladies/Dance.

I'm not sure if I can attend it because I only bought single session tickets for session 1 and 3.

lefeury

Rinkside
I used Icenetwork a few years but now I'm living in the boonies and the internet here doesn't allow live streaming. Ugghh, I think I'm going to use NBC and add Universal sports thru a sports pack on DirecTV as a back up. the sports Pack is 10.00 a month. I figure that I will see as much as possible this way and really you never know whether NBC will change the lineup if Football is on before the skating. Hoping this will have me covered although I really will miss watching all of the tiers.

noskates

Record Breaker
lefeury, I'm in the same boat. I cannot stand the buffering that I get with Ice Network. It makes it virtually impossible to have any enjoyment of the competition. I keep going to Universal to see if they have their GP schedule yet and they don't. I sent them an email just now. I remember with Worlds this year it was almost a week before the competition started that they finally put the times up. Very annoying,

lefeury

Rinkside
noskates, if you find an Universal Sports tv schedule please post it. I've been searching too.