2014 Olympics Ladies Short Program | Page 6 | Golden Skate

2014 Olympics Ladies Short Program

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
OMG. Is this real? Let the excitement begin!!!!!

Why do you think so? Please explain.

I think Julia and Caro will exhaust the crowd and judges and both may be less drawn into her oh what's she call it...her bad girl skate or something. I'm not rooting against her or anything it's just an observation. Hometown hero and Olympic gold medalist, sentimental favorite, then the American bad girl. Just saying. IMO Carolina can follow Yulia no problem. Not sure if Ashley can follow both. It's gonna be hard to be cocky following those two.

Julia starts the last group right? Julia can control the scores if she goes lights out.

LeCygne

Final Flight
Bad spot for Carolina and Mao to skate right after the two Russians.

But the silver lining is judges may not be able to go bonkers with Julia's PCS, with Carolina, the PCS-queen, right next.

Actually it should be good for Carolina and Mao. Skating right after the Russians will ensure easy PCS comparison, so whatever PCS the judges give to Julia and Adelina, they'll have to give to Mao and Carolina. :thumbsup: It's also very good that Julia is starting off the final group rather than ending it. The judges will have to leave room.

When did Mao skate it Vancouver?

Mao skated right before Yu-Na in the SP and right after Yu-Na in the LP.

I sure as hell believe clean Adelina beats clean Yulia.

Me too. It's likely in the SP, not so in the LP where Adelina struggles.

hurrah

Medalist
My gawd, the scheduling of these events are absolutely *****. What do the organizers want to do, tire out the skaters by making them skate in their sleep?

ozmodiar

On the Ice
I read Julia had left Sochi to practice. She may not be back yet. It will be interesting to see if she remains unfazed by the pressure of expectation now. The spotlight on her in Russia is 1000 times brighter after the team event and the media have even been asked to leave her alone so she can train.

I'd love to see Mao have a good skate and hit the 3axel. And her step sequences are just gorgeous!

Mista Ekko

Record Breaker
Any thoughts on the two 16 year olds from S. Korea here?

Olympics 2018 material ?

Both did fine at 4CC i think,
At least better than Mirai ;)

Which one is the one that Yuna said in some interview is her pick for next best Korean skater ?

samson

Medalist
WOW that short program draw is insane. I have no idea which lady I want to win this year but I'm really hoping that drawing last is good for Mao. Fortunately she'll now have experience following a Russian after skating after Julia in the team event so hopefully she'll be able to focus down and just float away on Chopin (for me it's the best ladies short program of this quad with Carolina's Vampire a very very close second)

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
I am not sure if this is such a great draw for Mao and poor Osmond. I am afraid some very mediocre skaters like Meite or a fl uke skate by Elene g might place above eher as the j udges will hold back and sheis likely to lose a place or two at least because she skates so so early.

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
I wonder if the Ladies/one Lady will break the 80s. The Olympics are the time for huge scores, deserved or not.

Mista Ekko

Record Breaker
I wonder if the Ladies/one Lady will break the 80s. The Olympics are the time for huge scores, deserved or not.

Nah

Kim barely broke 80 at her Nationals ;) And she's skating way too early

Even Asada with a clean axle will only get as much as 76

The next ones would be Lipnitskaya and Gold who at best will score a 73, And you know Gold's not getting near that mark

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker
I doubt it personally... I think that would require the judges to close their eyes and hammer the "throw points like confetti" button.

And from what we've seen so far, I don't think anyone at this Olympics is going to receive that treatment. Or if they do, I don't think it's going to be The Usual Suspects...

Actually, I have been amazed at how "fair" the judging has seemed this Olympics (so far). I have not agreed with some scores, but I also haven't felt that any were "outrageous" or way off... mostly, I think scores have been just what they should be, or very close... and skaters have ended up in the right order - especially the medal winners.

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
I don't think it'll happen either, but then I don't believe that the judges will hold Yuna down, just because she skates early. She is the reigning World Champion and Olympic Champion. If anyone can do it, she can. Looking at 2010, scores in the 70s were already given. For the Men, scores in the 90s were given. In 2014, 100 it is. Ok, the men have the quad now. But maybe, just maybe there might be a chance for this ominous 80. Who knows maybe they'll even give it to Julia?