2014 Skate Canada Autumn Classic | Page 14 | Golden Skate

2014 Skate Canada Autumn Classic

I love how the speaker tries his best to speak french ! It might be a long time he didn't but he does fine enough to be understandable.

hohoho

On the Ice
Watching Dalemans SP and FS, I think she has to stop working on the 3A and work on the other jumps and not rushing into them. It seems like she is only thinking elements and stops with the choreography. Nichol can do beautiful programs with beautiful skaters (ie, Kostner), but Daleman is a completely different skater. Her lack of connection with the music and the "rush" will hold Daleman back. Seguin understands the music and is still developing the jumps. She is much better in pairs, but kudos to her for doing both. Even though Osmond is injured, she must be encouraged that the possibility of claiming the national title for the 3rd year.

Sackie

Medalist
Well you can't say she had content - no 3/3 or 2a combo! Let me guess where you may be from!

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Well you can't say she had content - no 3/3 or 2a combo! Let me guess where you may be from!

The argument wasn't about who had the most content. I think it was a well-choreographic program and it flowed nicely.

Ultimately they completed the same number of triples --- 5. Dalman fell on two triples and Angela didn't do a planned 3T -and popped the lutz.

And where I'm from is not relevant to the discussion.

Last edited:

gold12345

Medalist
So if a person is Canadian, they must be upset by Daleman not winning by a larger margin? :confused: It's not as if Daleman's 2A3T was super solid today. It was not her best skate today. I wonder how many under rotations she received. She won overall, so what is there to be upset about? She did enough to win!

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Caitlin YANKOWSKAS / Hamish GAMAN (GBR)

Music: Piano Concerto No. 2 in C Minor Op. 18 by Sergei Rachmaninov

Both in dark blue, she with added sparkle

2Tw
3T - she falls, he stepout
ALi
2A - he singles/twofoots, no combo for both
3LoTh - fall
BoDs
PCoSp3p
FCCoSp3p - unison off
3STh
Li
Li - slow
ChSt

FS: 73.63, 119.71

casken

On the Ice
Yankowskas and her new partner have a LONG way to go before they will be even a remotely competitive pair.

Those lifts were *scary*.

Takahashi and her new partner were not much better. Her jumps are still AWOL, their twist and throws haven't progressed, and his upper boddy strength and overall stamina aren't where they need to be.

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Narumi TAKAHASHI / Ryuichi KIHARA (JPN)

Music: That's Entertainment; Love is Here to Stay; I'll Build a Stairway to Paradise

Both in dark blue with white details, she in lace

3S+2T - she falls on 3S<
2Tw
ALi
3LoTh
FCCoSp
ChSt
2A - she stepout
Li
3STh - tilted, hard fall
Li* - didn't get her up, aborted
BiDs
PCoSp3p

FS: 72.62, 112.42, 2nd (out of 2)

gold12345

Medalist
Takahashi and her new partner were not much better. Her jumps are still AWOL, their twist and throws haven't progressed, and his upper boddy strength and overall stamina aren't where they need to be.

And he had a taped wrist, which might be making the twist, lifts, and throws even tougher for him.

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Brittany JONES / Joshua REAGAN (CAN)

She's in sparkly white dress, headband. He's in black/white suit

3Tw - crashy catch
3T+3T+SEQ - he falls
2A - maybe < from her
FCCoSp3p - unison off
Li
3LoTh - hand down
Li
BoDs
3STh - hand down/stepout
ALi - bit bumpy exit?
PCoSp3p

FS: 87.32, 127.24, 1st (out of 3)

casken

On the Ice
Joshua Reagan's hair is an event unto itself. The highlighting work is fascinating.

I just wish his facial expression amounted to more than "6 year old who just got separated from his mom at the mall."

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Joshua Reagan's hair is an event unto itself. The highlighting work is fascinating.

I just wish his facial expression amounted to more than "6 year old who just got separated from his mom at the mall."

I'm sorry but I started laughing when I saw the comparison you made of his facial expressions to a 6 year old who got lost at the mall. :laugh:

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
I was upset and scared for Narumi from yesterday. I haven't watched their LP because my streaming was so bad I took a break when they were starting their program. The reports here sound pretty bad but the others seemed to be a mess as well. I guess over ambitious lower level Pairs can be very dangerous and scary. Sigh. Hope they don't take too big risks.

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Vanessa GRENIER / Maxime DESCHAMP (CAN)

Music: Somewhere in Time (soundtrack) by John Barry, performed by Maksim Mrvica; The Old Women Somewhere in Time (soundtrack) by John Barry; Theme from Somewhere in Time with 18th Variation of Rachmaninov) performed by Newell Oler

She's in sparkly mint. He's in sparkly black

3Tw - very late, crashy catch
3T+2T - she falls on 3T
ALi
3TTh
BiDs
FCCoSp3p
RLi
3S
ChSq
3STh - hand down
Li
PCoSp3p

FS: 97.34, 145.00, 1st (out of 5)

casken

On the Ice
Wow G&D came close to going right into the boards and plexiglass on one of those lifts.

Their skating seems more dynamic and fun than the music is allowing them to be.