2014 Worlds - Free Dance | Page 11 | Golden Skate

2014 Worlds - Free Dance

BlackPack

Medalist
LOL... Kaitlyn and Andrew.

Scali isn't tall. Or Maurizio, he thrives when Babs isn't death-staring at him.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Agree 100% They've been one of my favorites for a long time.

I'm a Shibs uber. They are really great people. They'll be amazing at whatever they end up doing.

FWIW, this also ends a horrible streak of terrible Worlds FD performances post-2011:

2012: Twizzle meltdown: 82.37
2013: Levels 2 step sequences duo: 91.27

auser

Record Breaker
Yes, I was like No Ingo? Hmpf.

I was just looking up Urmanov, who has aged well. Never did anything for me in his Olympic days. Must be those white gloves. I would be waiting for him to check for dust.
Platov too is aging well. And considering he had to put with Pasha, that's something akin to a miracle.
John Zimmerman is like something out of a Botticelli painting. Not just handsome--beautiful.

Oops, now I can't remember the rest of the list--I got involved watching the Shibs. !

Oh boy, WA, do we have similar taste... I was going to reply to WWG about Ingo and JZ, but his name was slipping my tongue.:p I think Jason Dungjen is handsome as well, but of course he's married to lovely Yuka Sato.

fleeting

Queen Anissina
Medalist
I'm a Shibs uber. They are really great people. They'll be amazing at whatever they end up doing.

FWIW, this also ends a horrible streak of terrible Worlds FD performances post-2011:

Agreed! I absolutely love the Shibs. I'm overjoyed for them. I hope this urges them to continue forward!
I would miss their lovely personalities and Maia's trademark ponytail.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
They need to take a page out of Weaver/Poje's playbook on this. After missing the Olympics last time by a mere 0.3 points, they doubled down and got to work. They switched to a training environment where they had a lot of skaters same or better than them to keep them moving forward. They got a new perspective training with new coaches (I know Poirier has always been in Scarborough, but sometimes a change is a good thing just to keep developing. Shaking things up is actually good sometimes.). They spent A LOT of time working on their basics together. It's tedious, and probably felt like a big step backward, but they had the maturity to see what this could do for them, and they stuck with it. G/P have a lot going for them, but they need to gel as a team, which means she needs to catch up to him, in order to land on a worlds or Olympic podium. There are no short-cuts.

She has terrible extension and she doesn't finish moves. That's their biggest problem I think. She should talk to Jason Brown and find out what he did to get that fabulous flexibility--he wasn't born with it.

BlackPack

Medalist
Oh boy, WA, do we have similar taste... I was going to reply to WWG about Ingo and JZ, but his name was slipping my tongue.:p I think Jason Dungjen is handsome as well, but of course he's married to lovely Yuka Sato.

divorced. So you may have a shot ;) But then there's Alissa Czisny to contend with...

rosacotton

Final Flight

All the more reason to be thrilled with their Worlds performance!!:yes:

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Is it me, or does it seem that Penny and Nick are lagging a big energy wise?