2015-2016 Russian Nationals Pairs SP | Page 9 | Golden Skate

2015-2016 Russian Nationals Pairs SP

Lota

Record Breaker
The quality of this competition is just insane :eeking: Most of the pairs really lived up to their potential, I can only hope that tomorrow will bring out the same things in them :cheer: :hap10: :cheer:

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
:thank:
thank you guys
Team St Pete is happy!:hap10:

no really this bun is soo funny to me :laugh:

It could be worse. He could have kept the top knot.

(I HATE guys with top knots! Unless you are in traditional Korean dress, they look stupid!)

Moving onto the skating. Volosozhar / Trankov's programme is technically better, and it deserves to be in the lead. But, personally, I found Kavaguti / Smirnov more enjoyable to watch.

Then again, I ALWAYS enjoy watching Yuko and Sasha. Their old-school style of Pairs skating is more to my taste.

But, as I said at the Nebelhorn, the 2 programmes from Volosozhar and Trankov may not be my taste, but they are not going to be beaten this season!

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

Giselle

Medalist
K/S closer to T/M than V/T wasn't expecting that!
I'm really wondering of they'll dare to put T/M ahead if K/S make mistakes and prevent them from defending their Euro title :shocked:

oleada

Record Breaker
Really fantastic competition! I can't remember a pairs SP with this many teams and so few errors.

Loved V/T. Spin aside (it was kind of slow), they were so ON. Just great to watch. A/R were my second favorites - so much personality and great transitions!

I agree with the judges about the scoring re: K/S and T/M. T/M had much better elements - K/S's twist look particularly weak after following two outstanding ones from V/T and T/M. Kavaguti always looks so sloppy and they just seem a lot slower than the other two teams. I actually might have had them 3rd. T/M lack personality but their technique and skating skills are really superb.

Bazarova/Deputat were a little robbed by skating first - I thought they were better than Zabijako/Enbert (Mozer politik!). Biryukova looks good as a pairs skater. Hope they skate well in the LP and can get some senior B's next year.

moriel

Record Breaker
K/S closer to T/M than V/T wasn't expecting that!
I'm really wondering of they'll dare to put T/M ahead if K/S make mistakes and prevent them from defending their Euro title :shocked:

I'm pretty sure they would...
First, they got like 4-5 top pairs, so its easier to let the strongest win. Also, T/M are younger, so there is probably more advantage in promoting them.
Said that, K/S may have similar score to T/M, but they are on a whole different level. Stomp is enough for a silver here.

oleada

Record Breaker
T/M tech scores are higher than K/S's SMH:slink:

Why are you surprised? The twist alone is much, much better, and probably makes up a huge amount of the difference. Plus K/S have never been the best at maximizing their levels.

ETA: At Skate Canada, T/M got 8.40 pts for a level 4 twist - 6.60 base value + a GOE of 1.80. At Cup of China, K/S had a level 3 twist with a base value of 6.20 and a GOE of .30 for a total value of 6.50. That's a difference of 1.9 points on one element alone. Here, T/M had a higher TES by 1.23. Let's say that the throws were about equal, and that K/S had slightly better other elements, but not significantly so. Almost two points on one element alone is a HUGE difference.

I just picked those two events randomly, but I imagine the huge difference in the marks for that element between these two teams is not rare.

Last edited:

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I don't care if I go it alone but I'm going to continue calling V/T by their new nicknames TnT now that they are married :taunt:

Silvia451

Record Breaker
Country
Romania
when I see V/T the word that comes to mind is "royal" :love:
I don't know how I'll watch the pairs event at worlds rooting for both Volosozhar/Trankov and Stolbova/Klimov :drama: