2023-24 Russian Nationals Pairs Short Program | Page 14 | Golden Skate

2023-24 Russian Nationals Pairs Short Program

Ella339

On the Ice
1. Medvedeva, Trusova left and everyone still loves them

2. Medvedeva did this, nobody turned on her

3. What? Russia won everything in ladies anyways.

4. Bizarre
1. As if people didn't turn on Zhenya and Sasha as well.

2. See point 1. And Aliona was the one who spoke up the most, of course she has it the worst.

3. There is no worse blind man than the one who doesn't want to see...

4. See point 3.

Do you speak Russian? I've never seen a Russian speaker who actually knows what Kostornaia is like defend her. Kostornaia is an obvious outlier to the entire Russian community as someone who actually has issues.
Anyone spending even two minutes on Sports Ru will be able to confirm for themselves how inaccurate that statement is.

Mathematician

Pilgrim on a long journey
Medalist
1. As if people didn't turn on Zhenya and Sasha as well.

2. See point 1. And Aliona was the one who spoke up the most, of course she has it the worst.

3. There is no worse blind man than the one who doesn't want to see...

4. See point 3.
1. They literally didnt

2. Yea, thats why literally everyone says she has personality issues and she even admits it herself that shes hard to deal with. Meanwhile Zhenya isnt getting attacked by any of her coaches.

3. Zero points made. You said Russians dont like Aliona because they wanted gold medals but they sweeped almost every podium so your point is like objectively self-contradicting.

4. Please 1 piece of evidence for your claim that people dont like Kostornaia because she got married even though they already didnt like her before that anyways.

hanca

Record Breaker
Alyona has created complicated at such a young age. If her pairs partner wasn't her husband (I'm sure a big part of getting married was because they are doing pairs together and this is going to be some epic love story and triumph in their heads), she could find someone else with at least some experience, or abandon ship and go back to singles. How much better would her jumps be if she was just practicing those every day rather learning a new skating discipline from scratch.
Because it is so easy to find someone else? Why do you think Vasilieva is stuck with Zaporozhets? Is it because she had so much choice and decided to stick with him, or is it because she has no other choice?

And going back to singles makes no sense for Kostornaya. She will never skate as well as she did a few years ago and the level of competition in Russian singles means she will never again get to Europeans or worlds. In pairs, she has a chance, theoretically. Not anytime soon, but one never knows what may happen in 5-6 years.

hanca

Record Breaker
Kostornaya/Kunitsa performed well at the stages. High BV helped them to be above many pairs. They just needed to work on their pairs elements. But instead they changed their program right before Nats (which was obviously not a good decision, StSq2 for example).
Who are the many pairs Kostornaya/Kunitsa beat during their Russian GP events?

hanca

Record Breaker
M/E, B/P, A/R.

M/E didn't make it to Spartakiad because of it.
I wouldn’t consider it such a success to beat M/E, B/P and A/R. A/R have been injured and therefore their skating haven’t been so great. B/P look elegant but they were never very strong pair. They did get the benefit of doubt a few times at a competition but with so many really strong pairs present I doubt B/P are going anywhere (even in the future). I really love M/E but they seem to be lacking on wow factor on most of their elements. They need everything to be bigger and better. They have been losing ground in the past year or so, they need to improve otherwise it won’t go anywhere either.