2015 Four Continents Videos and Results Discussion | Page 10 | Golden Skate

2015 Four Continents Videos and Results Discussion

Rissa

Record Breaker
Sabinfire, have you got by any chance Denis Ten's SP in HD? I'm one of those who utterly loved it but all "HD" versions of his SP on youtube are not great quality.

I appreciate your uploads btw, it's thanks to you I've been able to watch the 4CC!

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
Sabinfire, have you got by any chance Denis Ten's SP in HD? I'm one of those who utterly loved it but all "HD" versions of his SP on youtube are not great quality.

I have some British Eurosport2 HD coverage of Denis Ten's SP, but it is not the 1080p quality of the NBC/CBC videos. It is still better than the livestream, though, if you enable the 720p HD option:

4CC Denis Ten SP British Eurosport2

Also, reposting my list of links from a few pages back, updated to include new additions from CBC (Polina, Weaver/Poje, Pang/Tong).

Last edited:

Rissa

Record Breaker
I have some British Eurosport2 HD coverage of Denis Ten's SP, but it is not the 1080p quality of the NBC/CBC videos. It is still better than the livestream, though, if you enable the 720p HD option:

4CC Denis Ten SP British Eurosport2

Oh thank you so much, that's so much better than anything I've been able to find! (honestly, some of them have interlacing visible, why even bother? *grumble grumble*) May I ask you why this one's unlisted? I'd have probably found it on my own otherwise and wouldn't have bothered you... :confused:

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
Oh thank you so much, that's so much better than anything I've been able to find! (honestly, some of them have interlacing visible, why even bother? *grumble grumble*) May I ask you why this one's unlisted? I'd have probably found it on my own otherwise and wouldn't have bothered you... :confused:

Yeah, there's one YouTube user out there who uploads Eurosport videos (and I appreciate folks uploading videos of their own for people to see), but they put "FULL 1080 HD QUALITY" in the title, and they look like crap even at 480 SD, worse if you expand to 720/1080... but still acceptable if you just want to hear the commentary. I just think that's really misleading and just plain inaccurate.

All my videos start out unlisted until I flip them over to public view. The Denis Ten SP video is unlisted because I didn't want to clutter my recent NBC/CBC videos with a British Eurosport SP, and I was mainly linking the video for folks here who might be interested in seeing it. You are free to share the link if someone else is interested in viewing it. I will probably switch it over to "Public" view later on. I have a lot of videos still 'unlisted' just so I don't clutter up my YouTube channel.

Edit: Looks like Gracie Gold just took over my most 'disliked' videos on YouTube, although I can see why people didn't like the 4CC performance(s)...

Last edited:

Rissa

Record Breaker
Yeah, there's one YouTube user out there who uploads Eurosport videos (and I appreciate folks uploading videos of their own for people to see), but they put "FULL 1080 HD QUALITY" in the title, and they look like crap even at 480 SD, worse if you expand to 720/1080... but still acceptable if you just want to hear the commentary. I just think that's really misleading and just plain inaccurate.

All my videos start out unlisted until I flip them over to public view. The Denis Ten SP video is unlisted because I didn't want to clutter my recent NBC/CBC videos with a British Eurosport SP, and I was mainly linking the video for folks here who might be interested in seeing it. You are free to share the link if someone else is interested in viewing it. I will probably switch it over to "Public" view later on. I have a lot of videos still 'unlisted' just so I don't clutter up my YouTube channel.

Ah Thank you for the explanation, I'll be sure to periodically look up your channel to see if anything new/interesting appeared! :)

I saw videos of the youtuber you speak of, yea it was the one that annoyed me the most. I suspect those videos are actually upscaled SD, since upscaling interlaced video often results in that kind if mess, and I can't think of a reason why actual HD footage would look that bad.

Yours on the other hand, are simply beautiful! Actually, at certain times of day too beautiful for my bandwith, lol, but if I ever want o show my friends certain programs, your channel will be the one to go to! :thumbsup: :points:

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
thanks for uploading pang/tong sabinfire! kurt said he saw him throw her and he catch her after the throw and throw her again :jaw: i wanna see it!!!

yyyskate

Record Breaker
Edit: Looks like Gracie Gold just took over my most 'disliked' videos on YouTube, although I can see why people didn't like the 4CC performance(s)...

Poor Gracie, sabinfire can you also upload Gracie's CBC lp, if it is not too much to ask for. I remembered they said some nice things about her...you can also just provide the link like Denis' SP. And Thank you for Polina's CBC lp, nice to watch and hear their commentary again.:)

ginsengtea

Rinkside
Would you happen to have both of Sui/Han's programs? I can't seem to find good quality uploads of them anywhere. Thanks for all the links!

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
Poor Gracie, sabinfire can you also upload Gracie's CBC lp, if it is not too much to ask for.

4CC Gracie Gold FS CBC

CBC doesn't say a whole lot here. They usually never do, with Gracie. It always sounds like Kurt took a Xanax right before he commentates her programs.

Would you happen to have both of Sui/Han's programs? I can't seem to find good quality uploads of them anywhere. Thanks for all the links!

A few reasons for that is because NBC didn't show any Pairs programs, and CBC did not show Sui/Han in their Pairs coverage. Even Eurosport only showed their SP, not their FS.

If one were so inclined to scour the bowels of the internet, you could probably locate an HD copy of Sui/Han's FS... probably from a Chinese or other Asian broadcast.

Aside from the 480 stream capture of the SP & FS on my YouTube channel, the best HD source from my own stash is my British Eurosport recording:

4CC - Wenjing Sui / Cong Han SP British Eurosport2 HD (enable 720p option)

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
A few reasons for that is because NBC didn't show any Pairs programs, and CBC did not show Sui/Han in their Pairs coverage. Even Eurosport only showed their SP, not their FS.

If one were so inclined to scour the bowels of the internet, you could probably locate an HD copy of Sui/Han's FS... probably from a Chinese or other Asian broadcast.

Aside from the 480 stream capture of the SP & FS on my YouTube channel, the best HD source from my own stash is my British Eurosport recording:

4CC - Wenjing Sui / Cong Han SP British Eurosport2 HD (enable 720p option)
:scowl: I've defended them in the past, but B. Eurosport's treatment of Sui/Han at 4CC was pretty poor. Calling them "disappointing" during their coverage of P/T and P/Z, not acknowledging how S/H only lost the silver due to an invalidated spin and actually had the cleanest program of the night outside of that technicality. And now to hear they didn't even show the LP?

They said something similar during GPF, even though S/H had only one error and placed 5th in the free because P/Z and K/S skated really, really well. (At least they showed the LP there, instead of giving viewers misleading information).

Other pairs can make 2+ glaring errors and still get complimented, and for some reason S/H are called "disappointing" when they're anything less than foot perfect.

GF2445

Record Breaker
:scowl: I've defended them in the past, but B. Eurosport's treatment of Sui/Han at 4CC was pretty poor. Calling them "disappointing" during their coverage of P/T and P/Z, not acknowledging how S/H only lost the silver due to an invalidated spin and actually had the cleanest program of the night outside of that technicality. And now to hear they didn't even show the LP?

They said something similar during GPF, even though S/H had only one error and placed 5th in the free because P/Z and K/S skated really, really well. (At least they showed the LP there, instead of giving viewers misleading information).

Other pairs can make 2+ glaring errors and still get complimented, and for some reason S/H are called "disappointing" when they're anything less than foot perfect.
It also might be that they didnt watch their free skate or take many notes.

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
I am restructuring my YouTube page. Sorry, didn't mean to worry anyone as far as what was going on. :) I realized that 95% of the stuff on my channel was either low-quality or were just simply programs that weren't my favorites. Sort of lost sight of what I was doing (not to mention becoming a huge time-sink), so I am rolling back to a small personal YouTube channel where I occasionally share videos that I enjoy.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
We placed a lot of requests on you (which we appreciated), but I don't want you to feel abused. :) So do what makes you happy. :)

ice coverage

Record Breaker
I am restructuring my YouTube page. Sorry, didn't mean to worry anyone as far as what was going on. :) I realized that 95% of the stuff on my channel was either low-quality or were just simply programs that weren't my favorites. Sort of lost sight of what I was doing (not to mention becoming a huge time-sink), so I am rolling back to a small personal YouTube channel where I occasionally share videos that I enjoy.

We placed a lot of requests on you (which we appreciated), but I don't want you to feel abused. :) So do what makes you happy. :)

Thanks again for everything, sabinfire :bow:.

I'm actually relieved that you have decided to roll back.
Was worried for your sake that the collective GS appetite for video was proving to be literally insatiable.

Agree wholeheartedly with Mrs. P that you should do what makes you happy :yes:.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
I am just glad that youtube didn't wipe your account! Thanks for all the stuff you posted in the past, and best wishes for your restructuring. I also respect your decision. I have burnt out when I over-committed to things; sometimes you do indeed have to reevaluate.

Again warmest wishes.

Last edited:

yyyskate

Record Breaker
Thanks sabinfire for Gracie's CBC lp, and Thanks for all your effort of uploading and sharing video with us. I fully respect your decision. :)