2015 Four Continents Videos and Results Discussion | Page 9 | Golden Skate

2015 Four Continents Videos and Results Discussion

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
Yes, welcome to Golden Skate, Fai!

Shoma was only on NBC. CBC decided to focus on Nguyen and Mura for some reason, instead of the higher ranked Shoma and Murakami (like NBC). I understand Nam since it's CBC, but the inclusion of Mura in this coverage is a real mystery to me. On the bright side, we got a bit of variety between the two networks.
I think it's because Mura won Skate Canada (watched by many Canadian viewers) over Javier Fernandez (who we kinda adopted as one of our own :)).

Sabinfire, if it's not too much trouble, would it be possible to upload British Eurosport or CBC videos of Peng/Zhang and Sui/Han? I know Nicky (?) doesn't like S/H's SP, but I wonder if he'd changed his mind a bit here.

EDIT: Nevermind, found all the B. Eurosport videos :eek:: (except for P/Z's LP, but I liked their performance at GPF better anyway.)

Last edited:

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
Thanks!!

Interesting that Tara seemed to 'get' Shoma more than Johnny. I guess she has a soft spot for the Newcomers.

You're welcome. :) Do you mind if I ask if you are of Japanese heritage (your English is excellent), and what region are you from? I used to live in the Kyoto area in 2009 for a brief time.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
I would love to see/hear what the CBC had to say about Peng & Zhang..

The interchange by Carol Lane and Kurt Browning about :drama: how irritating it was of Meryl and Charlie to have never made a mistake in years was too :laugh2:

Interspectator

Record Breaker
You're welcome. :) Do you mind if I ask if you are of Japanese heritage (your English is excellent), and what region are you from? I used to live in the Kyoto area in 2009 for a brief time.

I'm Japanese and have lived all over the northern half of Japan. I've actually never been to Kyoto.
My first language is English though, due to an international up-bringing.

One day, I'll do a 'tourist' vacation in my own country and see the stuff all the foreigners look for when they come to Japan. -Including going to a Maid Cafe. :biggrin:

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
I would love to see/hear what the CBC had to say about Peng & Zhang..

Perfect. I was half-way through getting ready to upload Peng/Zhang to YouTube before Sandpiper said "nevermind", so should have a link here soon.

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
One day, I'll do a 'tourist' vacation in my own country and see the stuff all the foreigners look for when they come to Japan. -Including going to a Maid Cafe. :biggrin:

I went to one, rung the little bell on the table, got pictures taken with three of the girls... :eek::

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
Sounds like fun!! I really must do that sometime.

Yes, you should! My younger brother is fluent in Japanese and lived in Japan for over 3 years as an English teacher. My Japanese is rather poor (same with all Asian languages in general), so it was great to have a family member to help out. I really enjoyed the time I spent in Japan.

TTM

Rinkside
Country
Brazil
Yes, welcome to Golden Skate, Fai!

Shoma was only on NBC. CBC decided to focus on Nguyen and Mura for some reason, instead of the higher ranked Shoma and Murakami (like NBC). I understand Nam since it's CBC, but the inclusion of Mura in this coverage is a real mystery to me. On the bright side, we got a bit of variety between the two networks.

Than you so much, Sabinfire, for the information & uploading. We are really very nice and kind!

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
thanks a lot for the videos again sabinfire :love:, its great to hear from different commentators,if its not too much to ask is it possible to upload pang/tong and satokos?? :eek::

yyyskate

Record Breaker
maid cafe, I so wanna visit one as well!, A couple of years, I was searching is there any maid cafe in US, and seems only find one in CA.

yyyskate

Record Breaker
Polina' FS from CBC, please:bow: I wanna know their take on Polina's mixed received fs on this board.

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
Peng was so cute in the KnC. Kurt's comments were interesting.
"He's a big teddy bear." :laugh: Though Brenda Irving needs to start getting her facts right. S/H were the defending 4CC champions, not P/Z.

Thank you, Sabinfire, for the videos. It was interesting to hear the CBC commentators (sorry for my backtracking yesterday... I didn't want to inconvenience you when there were already some videos floating around.)