2015 Junior Worlds Short Dance Mar 5 | Page 11 | Golden Skate

2015 Junior Worlds Short Dance Mar 5

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Should be an interesting FD. The scores are fairly close between the top 4.

Snow63

Pray one day we'll open our eyes.
Record Breaker
It looks to me their Samba seqs were low leveled again.

invisiblespiral

Record Breaker
Okay, I liked Y/M, M/C, and P/V the best of the teams.... and is there an "Ice Dance for Dummies" thread? (I really do not know any technical stuff about this...)

(I still say the best thing I watched today was a video of V/M's 2011 FD.... :slink:)

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
And even considering that Edwards/Pang STILL struggled with their TES score.

BC is a long way off. Wing & Lowe may be out of the loop, a bit.

Plus the skaters actually have to do their best. Like P&V, E&P didn't.

Somewhere I have to see the vid of Y&M! :drama: :drama:

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Mrs. P - Just noticed your post count:

Congratulations on reaching that milestone!!! :cheer: :rock: :party2:

Mind you, it'll take a while to reach the next one of 22,2222!!! :laugh:

CaroLiza_Fan

Mirunna

Record Breaker
Should be an interesting FD. The scores are fairly close between the top 4.

Y/M's weak program is the SD. Their FD (if clean) will (or at least it should) once again leave everyone else in the dust.
How funny would it be for Russia to lose their 3rd spot just because they did not send L/D (who, IMO, should have been rightfully sent here). Just wandering.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
BC is a long way off. Wing & Lowe may be out of the loop, a bit.

Plus the skaters actually have to do their best. Like P&V, E&P didn't.

Somewhere I have to see the vid of Y&M! :drama: :drama:

Guess you missed that the Ice Network feed came back on. :( A video should surface soon!

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Mrs. P - Just noticed your post count:

Congratulations on reaching that milestone!!! :cheer: :rock: :party2:

Mind you, it'll take a while to reach the next one of 22,2222!!! :laugh:

CaroLiza_Fan

Haha, and it was broken immediately! Thanks for notting it. :D

Y/M's weak program is the SD. Their FD (if clean) will (or at least it should) once again leave everyone else in the dust.
How funny would it be for Russia to lose their 3rd spot just because they did not send L/D (who, IMO, should have been rightfully sent here). Just wandering.

Yep, I'm totally expecting that. I expect M/C to move up to 2nd as their FD is quite good as well. But we'll see!

Last edited:

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
If anybody's still on the livestream, they've just re-wound it back to McNamara / Carpenter!!

Boy's it was funny watching everything in reverse!!! :laugh:

EDIT: Oh, they're re-winding even more now!

CaroLiza_fan

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
And even considering that Edwards/Pang STILL struggled with their TES score.

Yes, I am still puzzled at how E&B scored above L&D at Russian Nationals :confused:

I thought perhaps they had majorly improved, as did Pogrebinsky & Benoit (who edged out Moore & Klaber at US Nationals). If this performance was their best, what happened to L&D at Russian Nationals? Did they fall five times??? :confused:

bramweld

Record Breaker
The next Russian nationals will be a tense affair for the ice dancers :popcorn:

Last edited:

Mirunna

Record Breaker
Yes, I am still puzzled at how E&B scored above L&D at Russian Nationals :confused:

I thought perhaps they had majorly improved, as did Pogrebinsky & Benoit (who edged out Moore & Klaber at US Nationals). If this performance was their best, what happened to L&D at Russian Nationals? Did they fall five times??? :confused:

I think she fell on twizzles in the FD and the end results were very very close. And it's not like Russian federation always takes into account only nationals when deciding the teams.
Anyway, congrats to Anna&Sergei for a very good SD! I think that is the best I've seen them skate this SD

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Natalia and Maksim are skating together for 6 -7 months. Ziggy didn'h have chance to see them.

And I've only been going on Golden Skate regularly since like...idk the 2nd week of August the earliest and FSU later than that. So I haven't had a chance to be there when Ziggy would give input.

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Natalia and Maksim are skating together for 6 -7 months. Ziggy didn'h have chance to see them.

I am so sorry. I thought last season was their first full season together.

So, if it wasn't Natalia and Maksim, who was it that he was championing...?

And I've only been going on Golden Skate regularly since like...idk the 2nd week of August the earliest and FSU later than that. So I haven't had a chance to be there when Ziggy would give input.

Although Ziggy and I frequently had heated arguments, I had a great respect for him, especially his knowledge, and the way he would let us know about young up-and-coming skaters from his part of the world.

And I do miss his input on here.

CaroLiza_fan

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I am so sorry. I thought last season was their first full season together.

So, if it wasn't Natalia and Maksim, who was it that he was championing...?

Although Ziggy and I frequently had heated arguments, I had a great respect for him, especially his knowledge, and the way he would let us know about young up-and-coming skaters from his part of the world.

And I do miss his input on here.

CaroLiza_fan

Why did you and Ziggy argue?

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Why did you and Ziggy argue?

Usually it would be over some stupid mistake I made when writing something. Or something I wrote that I didn't realise could be interpreted differently to what I intended. Or, because of an assumption I made that turned out to be wrong.

I really regret it all now.

And speaking of interpreting things the wrong way, I think I've worked out why I thought Natalia and Maksim had been together when Ziggy was still with us.

This post from the Four Nationals thread:

Ziggy would be so thrilled for Natalia KALISZEK / Maxim SPODYRIEV of Poland.
:cheer: :love:

So, my mistake yet again! :slink:

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Ziggy was passionately a fan of all Polish skaters (and all skaters from smaller feds).

He would be so pleased that Kaliszek & Spodyriev not only.made the FD here, but are in a very respectable tenth place, within shouting distance of sixth. :cheer: