2015 Nebelhorn Trophy Ladies SP and Free Skate | Page 14 | Golden Skate

2015 Nebelhorn Trophy Ladies SP and Free Skate

Dr. Jenn

Medalist
That was a pretty decent skate for Kailani, other than a few jumping issues - although I'm guessing that several of her jumps will be reviewed. I really liked the program. It was nice to see her range and connection to the music. I find her a very enjoyable skater to watch. :)

gravy

¿No ven quién soy yo?
Record Breaker
"It's interesting how these skating classics always keep coming up."

Translation:

"Why the hell do all these skaters keep insisting on choosing warhorses."

ruffledgrouse

Record Breaker
This season is gearing up to be quite the cotillion ball for team Australia. New PB. Parabens, Kailani! :yay:

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Karoliina LUHTONEN (FIN)

Music: Maleficent - Once Upon a Dream by Lana Del Rey; Maleficent - The Christening by James Newton Howard; Clair Voyant by Two Steps from Hell

Black long-sleeve dress, shredded skirt

2A
3Lz+3T - twofoot, stepout/hand down, looked 3T<<
2Lo
3F+2T+2Lo - fall
StSq
FCSp
2F
2Lz
2S+2T
ChSq
CCoSp3p
LSp

Lots of double jumps, I guess she doesn't have the easier triples?

FS: 37.81+39.60-1.00 = 76.41, 125.00, 5/10

tulosai

Record Breaker
I actually really like this new Finnish skater for some reason... I hope we'll be able to see her again this season.

Dr. Jenn

Medalist
That was a rough skate by Karoliina. She seemed very slow, and the program was really empty. I just did not see the level of commitment this type of music requires.

ruffledgrouse

Record Breaker
"That is a powerful piece of music that requires some detailed choreography... we didn't see that here today."

:laugh2:

tulosai

Record Breaker
Karoliina LUHTONEN (FIN)

Lots of double jumps, I guess she doesn't have the easier triples?

I think she probably has them in theory but they weren't working out for her today... or maybe they just don't work out for her most of the time, it's hard to know without having ever seen her before :)

mirai4life

1Lo <
Record Breaker
wow, they're serious about the time violation. Can't finish 1 second after the music. Better to finish early and make up random movements. lol

tulosai

Record Breaker
wow, they're serious about the time violation. Can't finish 1 second after the music. Better to finish early and make up random movements.

:laugh2: I hope this becomes a new thing, it would be funny to have a bit of improvisation on a regular basis.

TMC

Record Breaker
I think she probably has them in theory but they weren't working out for her today... or maybe they just don't work out for her most of the time, it's hard to know without having ever seen her before :)

Well she's Finnish, so she probably has them all but the nerves cause her to pop at competition...I blame the coaches :bang:

samson

Medalist
Wow a 60.53 TES score for Mirai! That's great news. I'm really really curious to see the protocol, but I'm guessing she did five triple program based on what my eye saw and scoring over 60. The whole quality of that program was from a completely different skater than the one in the short. Too bad the PCS stayed down I wonder if we would have seen a higher number if she hadn't skated first in this group.

Anyway CONGRATS ON THE GOOD FREE SKATE!!!