2015 Skate Detroit Jul 21-25 | Page 15 | Golden Skate

2015 Skate Detroit Jul 21-25

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
61+ for Gretchen and Nate. Good start. They look a lot more gelled together! I can see some real improvements! :)

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Thx Mrs P. You've been a real inspiration to me since I can remember. But really...I didn't know I gave off such a "girly" vibe :laugh: I guess that's the internets for you because the friends that know and hang out with me everyday would beg to differ:biggrin:

Well, while we're on the subject, I assumed anyone astute enough to admire Julia's cat was female:laugh: Another one "fooled". Then again, with my name, I think I am often assumed "male" :which is why on skating boards, I use "fangirling" in the tagline.
Back on track, do I now need to pay attention to Philip Warren? I do like Eliadj, even if consistency is not his middle name:drama:

Last edited:

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Lubov Ilyushechkina / Dylan Moscovitch (CAN)

Red halter dress; black shirt, pants (old SP)
Music: Since I've Been loving you by Led Zeppelin (vocal)

2Tw
3S - she hand down
3LzTh? - nice, didn't see take-off
StSq
BoDs
4Li - lunge entry, problems with ltake-off, maybe invalid?
PCoSp3p

SP: 60.96, 2nd (3)

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Well, while we're on the subject, I assumed anyone astute enough to admire Julia's cat was female:laugh: Another one "fooled". Then again, with my name, I think I am often assumed "male" :which is why on skating boards, I use "fangirling" in the tagline.
Back on track, do I now need to pay attention to Philip Warren? I do like Eliadj, even if consistency is not his middle name:drama:

Haha...

Serious question. :biggrin: Am I the only one that hears Elijah Blade in my head even when clearly reading that it is spelled Eliadj . I just can't get my brain to unscramble :slink:

Last edited:

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Marissa Castelli / Mervin Tran (USA)

Gold sparkly dress; black t-shirt, pants
Music: Summertime (vocal)

3Tw - bit low catch
3S - he spins out, hands down, fall?
3STh - ok
4Li
PCoSp3p
StSq
BoDs

SP: 62.84, 1st (4)

Sam-Skwantch

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
SBS 3s spin out was bizarre! Love that song though. Makes me want to go to a jazz club :yes:

Last edited:

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Love Luba and Dylan's program, despite the errors. I really like they went with some more sultry as a contrast from their SP from last year. Marissa and Mervin looked great too, weird SBS jump error aside.

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Jessica Pfund / Joshua Santillan (USA)

Light blue dress/black costume
Music: Gravity by Sara Bareilles (vocal)

3S - solid
2Tw
3STh
StSq
4Li - bit hesitant
BoDs - not low enough?
PCoSp3p

SP: 48.60, 4th (5)

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Alexandria Shaughnessy / Jimmy Morgan (USA)

Black off-the-shoulder dress; black t-shirt, vest pants
Music: Grease medley (Grease Lightning; Alone at the drive-in movie; Born to hand jive) (vocals)

2Tw
3S<< - she falls on 3S<<, he lands then stumbles
PCoSp3p
4Li
3STh
StSq
BoDs

SP: 42.04, 5th (6)

Sam-Skwantch

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I may say this every event but sequinsgalore....you are priceless!! You are always on it. Thank you.

Hyena

Tous les whiskys
Medalist
That was a fun pairs competition! Gretchan and Nathan, Lubov and Dylan, and Marissa and Mervin all had solid skates (and all had errors on their triple salchows, I think).

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Haha...

Serious question. :biggrin: Am I the only one that hears Elijah Blade in my head even when clearly reading that it is spelled Eliadj . I just can't get my brain to unscramble :slink:

Elladj was named after his grandfather ElHadj Mamadou Oury Baldé, if that will help.
ElHadj was 99 years old when Elladj traveled to the Republic of Guinea to meet him for the first time this year.

Well, while we're on the subject, I assumed anyone astute enough to admire Julia's cat was female:laugh: ...

Just curious: Is it considered unusual for men to like cats?? I can easily think of men I know who love cats.

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
Just curious: Is it considered unusual for men to like cats?? I can easily think of men I know who love cats.

That is the common stereotype, yes.

I have two cats, both about 5-6 years of age, since they were kittens.

Sam-Skwantch

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Thanks Golden. Yeah I remember that story well. Very inspirational and one that pulls on the heartstring and helps to appreciate the family. Maybe just admitting my problem is the key step to moving forward to correct name recognition.

Last edited:

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Thanks Golden. Yeah I remember that story well. Very inspirational and one that pulls on the heartstring and helps to appreciate the family. Maybe just admitting my problem is the key step to moving forward to correct name recognition.

I really don't mean to sound like a know-it-all :no:, but I noticed above some typos in his (our young skater's) name as "Eliadj" -- which could be part of the problem too??
Correct spelling is Elladj (double L and no I) ... which seems less likely to get scrambled, IMHO.

Again, I don't mean to sound obnoxious.
For the longest time, Rostelecom got stuck in my head incorrectly as Rostelcom :hopelessness:. (Esp. embarrassing b/c I do know some Russian.)

That is the common stereotype, yes.

I have two cats, both about 5-6 years of age, since they were kittens.

Thx for answering my question :).
But LOL, don't know whether to believe that you are a cat owner ... maybe you are just saying that to encourage misremembering of your gender ;). Just kidding :laugh:.