2016-17 JGPF Short Dance | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2016-17 JGPF Short Dance

olayolay

On the Ice
Speaking of cautious, this Loboda/Drozd program is straight out of the Generic Factory of Forgettable Things.

Giselle

Medalist
Honestly I loved L/D's Giselle FD in 2014-2015 but since there isn't a single program of theirs that I remember.

Giselle

Medalist
L/D were overscored IMO.

So L/D and P/P are the only 2 teams that got season bests. It's even a personal best by 2 points for L/D.

3T3T

Final Flight
Country
Ireland
My feed was frozen off and on for the top 2. I didn't expect L/D to lead but they got a two point PB and beat the Parsons on PCS.

I'm disappointed with S/S placing 6th. I really liked the performance, whatever about levels there is no way they should be 6th on PCS, I would have them at 30+.

I don't like hip hop ice dance, it doesn't work for me. Nearly 2k viewers on the youtube feed, not bad I guess. As always I enjoyed Ted's commentary.

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
Loboda/Drozd are improved and sharper from the last outing at Tallinn, but I would place the Parson in 1st. Except the Parsons and L/D who skate really fast, all teams skated tentatively and didn't outperform than their latest showing although I enjoyed Carreira and Ponomarenko's routine.

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Suprised L/D are first, but my shallow self is happy for Pavel :luv17:

Kutien

Final Flight
1 Alla LOBODA / Pavel DROZD RUS 67.58 1 video
2 Rachel PARSONS / Michael PARSONS USA 66.91 2 video
3 Lorraine MCNAMARA / Quinn CARPENTER USA 63.73 3 video
4 Christina CARREIRA / Anthony PONOMARENKO USA 61.39 4 video
5 Angelique ABACHKINA / Louis THAURON FRA 60.08 5 video
6 Anastasia SHPILEVAYA / Grigory SMIRNOV RUS 59.29 6 video

Giselle

Medalist
So the Parsons got the highest BV and Mcnamara/Carpenter and Shpilevaya/Smirnov the lowest.

The panel seemed pretty split on PCS between P/P and L/D.

estla

Rinkside
Didn't expect L/D to lead but I think they deserve it today. Alla really improved a lot these 2 years and Pavel is a star already. Looking at his movements throughout the SD and before/after it, I almost fell in love.

matcha

Medalist
Well done on the Parsons on getting their PBs! :luv17: This team is becoming one of my biases.

skatemd1

On the Ice
Loboda/Drozd are improved and sharper from the last outing at Tallinn, but I would place the Parson in 1st. Except the Parsons and L/D who skate really fast, all teams skated tentatively and didn't outperform than their latest showing although I enjoyed Carreira and Ponomarenko's routine.

I thought the same thing. Parsons/Parsons were so close together, so fast, so clean, so powerful, that was about as close to a perfect short dance as I have ever seen, and the edge quality? Wow. I would have had them in first, but the top three are all so close the Free Dance will be really fun to watch. L/D were good, but not quite as clean, close together in-hold, or as interesting to watch. P/P had me mesmerized from the start to the finish. What a great start to the JGPF!

skatemd1

On the Ice
Way to go Parsons sibs! I love that routine and I love their costumes. It really emphasizes their stretch and unity during the blues section. I have so crossed the line from fan to uber with them. My heart was about ready to jump out of my chest during that skate.

My favorite too. I thought they earned the top spot today in the SD and it wasn't even that close, but everyone at the top is in striking distance for the gold and the FD is looking to be very exciting indeed!

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
Parsons def is the to team of all of these:luv17:
Good for LD! yeah to me they're more forgettable dances but my shallow self is as happy as cathlen:laugh:

S/S:cry:
cant believe they're last

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Actually I can believe S/S is last. They definitely lack the maturity of the other teams. Their blues was like kids playing dress up. But give them time. I see an enormous amount of potential there.

I finally watched them all. Fair placements I thought. I only object to the PCS given to L/D, which I thought unduly high. I'd drop it about 1.5 points or so.

I still think it's the Parsons to lose. L/D's FD isn't nearly as good as their SD.

M/C are proof that having the right programs at the right time is more than half the battle.

Giselle

Medalist
For anyone that's interested, I believe that Eurosport 2 is broadcasting the Junior SD in 10 mins!