2016 Asian Open Figure Skating Trophy | Page 14 | Golden Skate

2016 Asian Open Figure Skating Trophy

dhjh811

On the Ice
STAN RO HWANG MI!!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSg1x3wUkio

Kidding aside (well not really but follow her!), Hwang-mi shows a lot of potential. Lovely carriage (assuming that she got a lot of ballet training) and her effervescence on the on ice just wows me. :luv17: Does anyone know where the PRK skaters get their training? Japan, methinks? or S. Korea? PRK may have a star on their hands if developed right.

Wow, some of her movements remind me of a young Sasha Cohen!

begin

Medalist
STAN RO HWANG MI!!!

Kidding aside (well not really but follow her!), Hwang-mi shows a lot of potential. Lovely carriage (assuming that she got a lot of ballet training) and her effervescence on the on ice just wows me. :luv17: Does anyone know where the PRK skaters get their training? Japan, methinks? or S. Korea? PRK may have a star on their hands if developed right.

Was just watching this! Her skating is so lovely.

I highly doubt PRK skaters are allowed any type of residency outside of NK to train, though.

maea14

On the Ice
STAN RO HWANG MI!!!

I think with their gov't they would rather bring in a choreographer and coaches in their country to train these skaters than sending them to train in other countries :)

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker

Marin alone was in a different league from the other two although she made some mistakes here and there. However, it is only early of the season, so I expect her to do better as the time goes by. I love how beautifully she used her arms and shoulder; she is quite a performer! I like her SP "Smile" but her FS music edit, especially the opening is not my taste although she sold the programs very well.

On the other hand, I think the S.Korean girls really should improve their basic SS and spins as well as reconsider about their overall packages on music choices, choreography (where to put elements and how to revise the layouts and choreographic moves - the spinning their heads too often distracting) if they are serious about competing internationally. Jumping 3-3 is not everything in figure skating. Ye Lim somewhat reminds me of Medvedeva while Eun Soo is like Elena Radionova although I doubt they can match the current Russian juniors in terms of refinement (funnily that is what I've found deficient in the current field). My impression on them is they cram too much elements and unnecessary transitions and don't have natural flows between their elements. I can't breathe during watching their performances as they rushed into doing one elements to the other. Fast and slow... I don't think Eun Soo's SP and the costume are suitable for the 13 years old girl. I was uncomfortable to watch the girl with still a pre-puberty body try to wear act as a full-grown woman knowing all sorrows and loves in life. She seemed she could not control her body well, so nevertheless she certainly has a star quality, her movements look sloppy and rushed. Ye Lim..I wonder she can keep up with her contents as she gets older. Sorry if my words sound harsh to their fans.

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
STAN RO HWANG MI!!!

She is so new to me, but what a pleasant surprise. I agree that she reminds of Sasah; very musical and great presence on the ice.

sailormoon

On the Ice
Country
Japan

Junior Ladies

1 MARIN HONDA JPN 173.67
2 YE LIM KIM KOR 170.59
3 EUN SOO LIM KOR 169.05

Eun Soo Lim's overall score is so close to Honda's despite a fall in the free program. I've never seen Eun Soo Lim until this years' All That Skate in Korea but she's so technically sound despite her young age. I think she has a bright future and she'll be known as Korea's Radionova as their style is quite similar, especially jumps.

dhjh811

On the Ice

Junior Ladies

1 MARIN HONDA JPN 173.67
2 YE LIM KIM KOR 170.59
3 EUN SOO LIM KOR 169.05

Eun Soo Lim's overall score is so close to Honda's despite a fall in the free program. I've never seen Eun Soo Lim until this years' All That Skate in Korea but she's so technically sound despite her young age. I think she has a bright future and she'll be known as Korea's Radionova as their style is quite similar, especially jumps.
Hmm, now that I think about it
They have quite similar body types as well

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker

Junior Ladies

1 MARIN HONDA JPN 173.67
2 YE LIM KIM KOR 170.59
3 EUN SOO LIM KOR 169.05

YOU'RE MISSING OUT ON THE TRUE SAVIOUR OF KOREAN FIGURE SKATING

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

I'm just joking. :biggrin: Really I am. I'm kinda scared for her actually when the puberty monster strikes. Eunsoo is adjusingt well to her height but it's the body fat development that worries me.

Hmm, now that I think about it
They have quite similar body types as well

Now that you mention it, Lena and Eunsoo do have a similar body type and in terms of having that star charisma. Well of course, Lena has a bit of that charisma more developed and maintained but Eunsoo is getting there. The latter's main advantage is that she has a sound technique that can survive puberty at the least (well the 2A and the 3Lo can since those are her money jumps) and the use of her knees with jumps.